Warhammer Preview - NOVA Open 2023

On 8/23/2023 at 11:17 AM, TheMawr said:

16 hours ago, Matrindur said:

I would be surprised if the new MKIII are different than the MKVI and have a split legs/torso so you shouldn't be able to use the upgrade kit with the new kit.
The question is whether they redo the resin kits so they fit the new MKIII or they just throw out half the kit like with the Contemptors and only sell the arms now

Phone formatting is a pain, but the top row middle picture is probably Tyranid. The carapace ridging is one of the Tyranid line’s hallmarks.

I would expect that FW’s entire HH line is going to get revamped to both fit with new plastic kits and retooled. How old are many of the full kits? How many have reputations for poor fits or bending? Serious questions because I don’t do a lot of FW.

6 hours ago, jaxom said:

I would expect that FW’s entire HH line is going to get revamped to both fit with new plastic kits and retooled. How old are many of the full kits? How many have reputations for poor fits or bending? Serious questions because I don’t do a lot of FW.

I think the slight scale differences give people more hangups.

For HH I can only speak for OG Dreads, Sicarans, Gal Vorbak, Blade Slaves and Zardu, and they're all great minis.
For FW in general old kits aren't bad. They seem to update the moulds frequently, and space marines go together like space marines, regardless of when and what material they were made of. 

As for poor reputations: Fire Raptor and Storm Eagle, Although I don't have personal experience, and people do tend to spread misinformation, so take everything with a grain of salt.

If they give us Ufthak Blackhawk I'd be overjoyed. 

I'm unsure what else orks "need". Some tankbustas with flash gitz esque weapons (lots of bits and options) would be nice, maybe some multi part bikes with interchangeable bits?

Some ranged orientated mega-armour?

Anyhoo... Based on the rumour engine, Ufthak is possible.

On 8/23/2023 at 4:17 PM, TheMawr said:

With mostly aos and secondly spacemarines probably stealing the show and anything else 40k being much further away its unlikely. Made a bigger prediction post a page back.

However when looking at rumor engines for speculation sake ( I left out the definitive AoS ones, and made rough guesses.. for example none of the admech ones are 100% admech imho, but because Admech will have a release in winter I added any and all there that could fit.)

40kRE.thumb.jpg.382d24d0530573f35614fc09a12cc899.jpg

Its possible Necron or Admech stuff is shown or teased (those are also very old rumor engines), as they will be winter and could be early winter. Kroot, Chaos and Ork is unlikely to be shown as they are for 2024... altough last edition we had the teaser video that showed stuff way in advance ( the one with Lelith, Skitari marshal, parasite etc.) but I believe that was more because of covid delays.

The "Guard" rumor engines could be shown as I dont think thats a regular release but a special edition one. The Mystery ones have a very good chance to not be 40k, but they are not as obviously AoS as others... interestingly despite being very different, they do kind of overlap in atmosphere.. its daemonic/aquatic without being obviously chaos nor idoneth (AoS sea elves) .. I think the hand will be a Bulltaur for bloodbowl (altough at first I didnt really think it was BB )

That first Admech one is Tau/Kroot as that blade is marked with all of the Caste symbols, I think the bottom left mystery one might be a Krootox hand as well (Kroot also have two thumbs and the armour is very similar to one of the kill team Kroot).

Edited by Tastyfish

8 hours ago, Burni said:

Ufthak Blackhawk would also give us a Bad Moons character which has been an odd omission for a while. 

I'm personally hoping for Nazdreg, seeing as he hasn't had a mini (or rules) in literal decades despite being a prominent figure in the Ork fluff, being the richest Ork alive and essentially financing his best mate Ghaz's WAAAGH!

4 hours ago, Evil Eye said:

I'm personally hoping for Nazdreg, seeing as he hasn't had a mini (or rules) in literal decades despite being a prominent figure in the Ork fluff, being the richest Ork alive and essentially financing his best mate Ghaz's WAAAGH!

I'd love to see them do something based on this artwork.

image.png.70b0b64de4a2f18ffb7db7fbdc81f5b2.pngI'd

27 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Named megaboss - including the squig presumably

Ard boyz boss

New ardboyz

The giant piggy

Another unit that I can't remember

That's what ironjawz are getting and hopefully they're lootable!

• Zoggrok Anvilsmasha

• 'Ardboy Big Boss

• 'Ardboyz

• Maw-Grunta

• Weirdbrute Wrekkaz

Edited by LSM

While I'm looking forward to the preview, and I will watch it, there's going to be very little in it for me.

5 of the 7 systems being previewed are fantasy, not sci-fi. And while I always watch fantasy previews because many offer conversion potential, that's the extent of my interest.

Of the 2 sci-fi systems being previewed, one is Marines only by default, and the other is likely to consist of only Marines because we know they are next, and we know there's likely enough of them to occupy all the time that will be alotted to 40k.

Excluding Necromunda and Kill Team really tarnishes the potential for this preview to hold my interests.

On 8/21/2023 at 12:34 PM, Corswain said:

There's plenty on the roadmap for them to choose from including a Primarch and the "mystery army release." I'd prefer that to another book release quite so soon.

Anything is better than nothing though.

I think we can be pretty certain it's Solar Auxilia..... Not much of a mystery tbh. But not unwelcome. 

Personally I think a fleshing out of the SoS would have fitted the 'mystery' monica better. But I'm doubtful it's them.

What I'd love to see most is Forgeworld getting back to releasing stuff on a bigger scale.... Both model wise and regularity.

I know 10th Ed is in it's infancy, but a return to they're Imperial Armour work, with the flavour it brought would make the 40k galaxy feel a little broader and bigger again.

2 hours ago, Armchair Warlord said:

What I'd love to see most is Forgeworld getting back to releasing stuff on a bigger scale.... Both model wise and regularity.

I know 10th Ed is in it's infancy, but a return to they're Imperial Armour work, with the flavour it brought would make the 40k galaxy feel a little broader and bigger again.

Finally someone gets it.

IA will forever be the cool side of the hobby.

So what's the current scuttlebutt for the additions to the Marine range?

• Jump pack assault marine type unit (looks like SM2 design)?
  • Multipart Terminators?
  • Multipart Sternguard?
  • Bike Captain?

That's what I can remember but hopefully there'e more? I'm a fan of tanks so would love to see something new there.

On 8/23/2023 at 5:39 PM, Robbienw said:

The original fluff stated that there was a 61.6% chance of failure.  To determine the failure to success percentage there would have had to have been failures I.E. deaths undergoing the procedure.

Otherwise it would be a 0% chance of failure.  Obviously.

Not necessarily. I dont have to flip a coin to know that there's a 50% chance it will land on heads. Things can be predicted through modelling beforehand, like the weather. The point is, that we do not have a single, recorded instance in the literature of a procedure failing, which means while theoretically, there's a 61.6 chance of success, practically, there's a 100% chance of success. 

Edited by Xenith

52 minutes ago, Burni said:

So what's the current scuttlebutt for the additions to the Marine range?

• Jump pack assault marine type unit (looks like SM2 design)?
  • Multipart Terminators?
  • Multipart Sternguard?
  • Bike Captain?

That's what I can remember but hopefully there'e more? I'm a fan of tanks so would love to see something new there.

Terminator Chaplain as well apparently. I know Valrak definitely mentioned that one.