new balance data slate update this Thursday

Without granular points and variable units sizes returning, I don't see how this works. At the moment, pts are at the upper end assuming you take the most OP Loadouts. Points reductions happen, OP Loadouts still better, locking out most others. Mabye if we had unit options that reduce the total cost of a unit we might be getting somewhere. Quick example- tac squad, pick flamer, reduce unit cost by -15 points etc. 

Yeah, me and the Crusade Group discussed this earlier in thr week, and settled on units having a cheap option and a full-cost option. Y'know, you're paying X cost for an Intercessor squad as-is, or X+ for a version of the squad with, I dunno, a thunder hammer, plasma pistol or flamer pistol, and grenade launches. Still not as granular, but giving you the option to take a cheap version of a unit without the special weapons/only the less good stuff.

Probably non viable, but it was an idea.

56 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Do we have an ETA on when our world is going to change today?

Well the day's kicked of with MESBG so another hour at least :laugh:

Don't they know I've got a game tonight and need to plan how to re-cheese my list!?!?!?

(or more accurately swap two whole units when the points change slightly and the removal of wargear points means I don't have the option to just save 5pts on a unit to get back under the limit)

Just now, TrawlingCleaner said:

Yesssss:

373394790_702695565232575_3913637296731134697_n.thumb.png.410573a8d1396e7a7c47a832e9a6255a.png

I am unbelievably glad this is a change 

Perfect solution and the one I was hoping for. They'd done a bunch of work differentiating anti-personal and anti-tank weaponry and Devastating Wounds ruined all that by turning high damage weapons into anti-everything. Good move.

Some highlights I've seen:

Desos are max 5 per squad

DG Contagion  Detachment is massively changed:

Declare Battle Formations step

You can now choose from one of the following:

-1LD and -1 OC

Worsen Save characteristic by 1

Worsen BS and WS by 1

Plaguemarines from 20p.p. to 16.

Poxwalkersand Cultists are now both 50 points.

Deathshroud are now 125 from 140

Guard Tanks:

battle cannon -15
demolisher -20
eradicator -20
executioner -15
punisher -20
vanquisher-25
baneblade -60
banehammer -40
banesword -35
doomhammer -0
hellhammer -60
shadowsword -0
stormlord -0
stormsword -35

Votann pick 4 units and get CP if  they die, quite a few points drops too

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

Just now, tzeentch9 said:

That’s a bad change, this will splash onto a lot of stuff, make it overcosted 

Since they're not Mortal Wounds anymore, they can't splash.

Still incentivises using high damage per dice DevWounds weapons against multi-health models tho, just not against Infantry.

Also this is an indirect nerf to Broadside Battlesuits, who's FnP against Mortal Wounds is significantly less relevent now.

3 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

DG Contagion is massively changed:

Declare Battle Formations step

You can now choose from one of the following:

-1LD and -1 OC

Worsen Save characteristic by 1

Worsen BS and WS by 1

This is a change to their detachment ability, the Contagion itself is unchanged.

1 minute ago, sonsoftaurus said:

So…to check understanding the dev wounds are effectively mortals that don’t carry over? So one dev hit regardless of damage can only pulp one thing?

Just now, Kastor Krieg said:

I'm not sure, what's the effective difference from the mortal wounds you still couldn't save against?

If you get hit with a Damage 2 Dev Wound weapon on a 1 wound per model unit, the damage doesn't spill over.

Wraithcannons in particular were a big problem because D6+2 Devastating wounds would kill D6+2 1 wound models etc due to MW spill over. Now DevWound weapons can only kill 1 model per shot. They keep their effectiveness vs Tanks but lose their effectiveness vs hordes which is exactly what was needed (IMO)

It also means models that get FNP versus mortal wounds presumably no longer get that against the unsavable wounds described above - not sure how many models that actually applies to, but I'm pretty sure its a thing some models have.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

This is genuinely enormous. Massive points changes for the factions that were underperforming, rules changes for some of the outliers as well, preemptive adjustments to the A-Tier armies, a soundly deserved crippling of the Aelderi menace and lot of small quality of life changes to tweak some of the grimmer stuff.

Honestly... I didn't think they'd go this far. Well done GW, well done.

6 minutes ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

It also means models that get FNP versus mortal wounds presumably no longer get that against the unsavable wounds described above - not sure how models that actually applies to, but I'm pretty sure its a thing some models have.

Custodes come to mind.

1 minute ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Also, despite actually being in the target range for win rate all of the TSons units got more expensive.

By a lot.

Actually, the only things that haven't massively gone up in points are :cuss: TZAANGORS