new balance data slate update this Thursday

8 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Half of the big price jumps are because exactly one loadout is way too good.

If only GW could come up with a way to fix this stupid problem, but alas, they'll never be able to come up with a system of assigning value to a specific piece of wargear that is clearly superior to another option. Oh well, let's wait until 11th, where we get fixed rosters because that will simplify things even further! :teehee:

8 minutes ago, Kallas said:

If only GW could come up with a way to fix this stupid problem, but alas, they'll never be able to come up with a system of assigning value to a specific piece of wargear that is clearly superior to another option. Oh well, let's wait until 11th, where we get fixed rosters because that will simplify things even further! :teehee:

Every combination of wargear gets its own datasheet :teehee:

13 minutes ago, Kallas said:

You joke, but also Combat Patrol.

Yay! Exactly what I feared would happen the week before the tournament happened! Except worse!

The Desolator change is super annoying. I get that the unit needed reined in further, but capping like that feels like a terrible solution. I'm in the same boat as @Orange Knightnow with one poor mook getting a promotion and a red helmet. Thank fully I haven't finished painting my Desolators yet so it's less of an issue for me.

Points drops on a few good marine units are welcome in the long run. But now I have an additional unit and character to paint before 6:00AM on Friday morning and my train to Nottingham.

I'm also happy to see the changes to towering. Mainly because my gaming group having heated arguments over it in the group chat every fortnight and I just want peace. 

Wow...

Knights just got slammed.

Armigers now flattened to 150 each, 10 points and 5 points increase to warglavies and helverins.

Bondsman now only affects armigers...which pigeon holes a lot of good bondsman can do now since armigers are incredibly flat for options.

Thunderstomp is now invalidated as a stratagem for any actual use as its purpose was to turn our melee into infantry clearing attacks.

Overwatch change...meh...fine...

Tower change is less than elegant but at least it mind help issues but pretty sure this just now returns us to "you see me but I can't see you" again.

Big yikes to think the dodgy leak auspex covered was real.

Personally not happy with it. See how it shakes out but personally the biggest gripe I have is literally having our bondsman abilities not work on giver...it makes a lot of them really bad now as putting them on specific armigers is the only way to get value. Warden got doubled nerfed and no points drop despite now being incredibly weak now...

Not happy. (only hope would be a future points drop for knights but that likely won't happen).

Edit:
Oh and Tau just saw some of the most hilarious points drops across the board I have ever seen. They are a faction of mine but personally would rather they improve units and give better options than just let us spam more...part of the reason I shelved them was because I was getting tired of putting models back into the case!

Edited by chapter master 454

2 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Aeldari points changes:

Wayleaper +35

AoK +30

Dark Reapers +5 per 5

Death Jester +20

Eldrad+10

Farseer +15

Fire Prism + 55

Support Weapons + 40

The Yncarne +80

Wraithguard +15 per 5

Wraithknight +140

That's some points increases, blimey!

Some of those are fair but how on earth do Dark Reapers justify a points increase? They are pretty much trash tier in 10th and I have not seen them in any competitive lists (or casual for that matter). :unsure:

1 minute ago, Karhedron said:

Some of those are fair but how on earth do Dark Reapers justify a points increase? They are pretty much trash tier in 10th and I have not seen them in any competitive lists (or casual for that matter). :unsure:

They exist in the Aeldari faction, that's why.

23 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

So.

With the DevWounds change, what actually does deal Mortal Wounds now, besides Doombolt?

Grenades for one. For more niche stuff, off the top of my head, the WE Lord on Juggernaut does mortals on a charge. Seems like they'll be relegated to that sort of level of scarcity now.

3 minutes ago, Xanthous said:

Grenades for one. For more niche stuff, off the top of my head, the WE Lord on Juggernaut does mortals on a charge. Seems like they'll be relegated to that sort of level of scarcity now.

Funny to think that the Broadside's "Advanced Armour" FnP vs Mortals is now even more Niche than before

3 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Funny to think that the Broadside's "Advanced Armour" FnP vs Mortals is now even more Niche than before

I don't know, it renders it somewhat resistant to the devastating Admech rad bombardment. Maybe it needs a points increase...

37 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

So.

With the DevWounds change, what actually does deal Mortal Wounds now, besides Doombolt?

Tank Shock

Impact hit style abilities (Juggerlord, Brutalis etc)

Some psychic - and not psychic but similar - abilities - (Doombolt, Holy Judgement etc)

Mortal Wound in addition abilities (Exemplar of the silvered host, rapturous blow etc)

I'm sure there's more, but those are what I can think of off the top of my head.

Dev wounds was the replacement for a lot of stuff that used to do mortals though, so it has massively reduced the amount of them in the game. I don't think that's a bad thing though.

I like the Dev. Wound-chamge  but the "FnP against Mortal Wounds"-rule has basically been reduced to "FnP against Deadly Demise (and some other odd abilities)"-rule.

Makes it quite weird as an army/detatchmemt-rule, *looks att Custodes* :blink:

Edited by Minsc

5 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Also, despite actually being in the target range for win rate all of the TSons units got more expensive.

By a lot.

4 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Again, Thousand Sons were within the target range.

Not "barely in right on the line", actually in the range at like 53%

They had a really good showing at WTC, which I expect skewed how GW saw them, and prompted a pre-emptive, "the win rate will be too high if Aeldari are nerfed and they aren't." Though Necrons seemed to escape that....

4 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

Votann community: "I hope we get more than points changes. We need more than just being reduced to a horde army again, we need rules tweaks too!"

Games Workshop: 

More space for the better units? Take more bikes, saggitaurs, cthonians, exosuits; so it's not horde but does has more good stuff? I dunno, I imagine that was their thinking. I don't think they're going to 3+BS as it seems 4+BS is the default for "'normal soldiers' in an eternal war" (Guard, Skitarii) compared to super-soldiers and hyper-graceful space elves.

4 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Question is, has this done enough to stop Aeldari and their 80+% winrate?

Yes, but they're still a really good army because of Fate dice and their manueverability. They'll have to tailor their weapon choices more instead of just grabbing the biggest damage Devasting Weapon items.

4 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

Eldar ZERO CHANGES :laugh: points increases welcome but we'll see if that's enough. People are being wiped out in a couple turns so it might not touch the sides.

Devastating Wounds is ok as a change 

Overall, some nice touches but nothing screaming the game is balanced. 

I'm reserving judgement. The game is still unbalanced, but I can understand why GW thinks these specific system nerfs will hit Aeldari. DG are a step in the right direction and I'm wondering if there's going to be a second wave of LoV models with their new codex to increase their toolbox. It would explain why they aren't being touched a lot now.

5 hours ago, Kastor Krieg said:

Holy Black Templar point cuts! :o

-25 Grimaldus
-10 Helbrecht
-10 EC
-40 PCS!
-50 PSB!!!

:o 

OLD:

image.png.6f726f9d94a6b9946655e9e69f03c98d.png

NOW:

9MlYHaK.png

20 points off the top of the repulsor and 30 off the impulsor (which is now the same price as the normal one) are really big savings.

27 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

My 1500 point Eldar list is going to be significantly smaller after this. Not entirely unfair as it was a pretty solid curb-stomper but I think we will see Eldar fall below the 55% winrate with this.

Nah, i think they stay above 60%.  The Tier 2 armies TSons, Custodes, Knights, and GSC got hit hard too.