17th November preview event

If this is released for Necromunda, it needs 40k rules. The Valkyrie Skytalon is waiting for this model to return to 40k.

GW's relactance to release 40k rules for some Necromunda stuff has been frustrating. I'd have a Cargo 8 if I had rules for it.

I don't think it's impossible (although it is unlikely) that it'll be plastic with the enforcer bits on a separate sprue and the Guard (probably Elysian) crew already designed.

The Cargo 8 is tempting just as terrain, but I've got enough unbuilt/unpainted terrain to get through first.

37 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Plastic Venator would also be a good route for Invader ATV fixes/surgery.

Isnt the ridgerunner already a better candidate for a similar Invader approach ? When you look beyond the studio paintjob I think its a better spacemarine vehicle than the venator would be ?

7 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Isnt the ridgerunner already a better candidate for a similar Invader approach ? When you look beyond the studio paintjob I think its a better spacemarine vehicle than the venator would be ?

Perhaps, but the ridgerunner looks like it can barely fit a marine unless he's lying down, nevermind two. So while it's perfectly suitable, my skull sponge says "No, we gotta do it differently. Because!"

Posted in other places, here's the list of hidden videos for tomorrow's previews:

40k: 2 videos
Aos: 1 video
Necromunda: 1 video
Underworlds: 1 video
Heresy: 1 video
Kill Team: 1 video
Old World: 1 video

My guess is 1 video is Orikan and the other is a silouhette reel like they did here for the Spring releases codexes

11 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Posted in other places, here's the list of hidden videos for tomorrow's previews:

My guess is 1 video is Orikan and the other is a silouhette reel like they did here for the Spring releases codexes

Or maybe something for Jan/Feb.. the roadmap was a codex roadmap after all... so a new campaign or vs box or both could still come in winter.  

Edit: I expect looking ahead kind of trailers to come for all systems,  like before. 

Edited by TheMawr

2 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

I would rather they just hurry up with codex releases:yes:

I agree.. but we already know they dont, unless jan/feb gets suprise codexes but i see no reason why they just wouldnt put it in the roadmap.

The previous edition it was unintentional that it went slower at the start.   And 8th edition had a much faster turnaround ( however, most codexes came without any miniatures,  and there were a lot less ranges to compete with... even aos only got a fraction of the attention it gets now )

On 11/14/2023 at 3:09 PM, Cyrox said:

I’d say it’s even more likely that the Necromunda reveal might be a Tauros for the Enforcers, Warhammer just posted this image

IMG_7592.jpeg

Hopefully it's close to the original model. The front part on that image looks about right apart from the square shaped headlights.

24 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

If those are the only vids then I'm assuming for heresy it'll just be the assault marines and we'll have to wait longer for the "mystery" army. 

I have to say it looks like slim pickings across the board there.

They can potentially do a lot with a single video, however the expectations definitely where too high when considering the event and the closeness to the next event ( LVO in january)

Even LVO usually only scratches the surface of stuff beyond winter schedule ( as Adepticon in march is the bigger one usually.)

So anyone expecting all winter releases and some spring releases to be shown off now was setting themselves up for dissapointment.

The only thing the amount of videos really changes is that there is more to 40k in this preview than expected.

No matter how it turns out, its a bigger preview than last years grand finale... unless they show empty videos.

Edited by TheMawr

11 hours ago, Nephaston said:

Plastic Venator would also be a good route for Invader ATV fixes/surgery.

Huge conversion effort may needed: marine butts are too big for cockpit seats designed for mortal human.

1 minute ago, Tokugawa said:

Huge conversion effort may needed: marine butts are too big for cockpit seats designed for mortal human.

You dont need their butts

The only reason I can see a spacemarine be assigned to driver duty is when they lost their legs.. the ATV is basically an astartes wheelchair ;)

55 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

The only reason I can see a spacemarine be assigned to driver duty is when they lost their legs

I am definitely here for Xtreme Half-Pipe Wheelie Dreadnought.

If they give us a Tauros, I'll buy 2 no problem. Probably use them as scout sentinels or ridgerunners in 40k mostly tho - my Guard is already basically 'Necromunda Penal Conscripts', and I've held off on more GSC 'Runners because I have a general 'rule of 2' for most kits... These would slot right in to 2 lists without much issue! : )

Necromunda is the flippin' best army you guys.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

9 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

Ok, this preview might end up being very dangerous for me.

F_EGzyOXUAAOOty.jpg

So... when interpreting this image... I guess the rock comes under siege ? :p

So a "spring" thing after all. Probably indeed valraks rumor of the box with new Belial, new Deathwing knights (5?) and Deathwing terminators (10 I believe).. but I think he said for the latter its an upgrade sprue for the latest terminator kit, not more new terminators and not a dual release with knights.

Then I do wonder if that box doesnt come way in advance of the codex release, and without the new codex but Im not sure if thats ever done before.

btw the preview event might give valrak a wrong too.. on tomb kings.. its also a moment where I realised he isnt real but an AI algoritm that forgets things he previously said :p

Edited by TheMawr