A Time of Reaving Interest

Black Cohort

45 minutes ago, Black Cohort said:

none of you are committing to anything, which is super helpful :wallbash:

Maybe we need better information on which to decide to blindly jump inot the TPK.

Edit:

I think part of the collective indecision is that we are in a sandbox with options to choose, but no significant goal to orientate our choices.

Edited by Trokair

11 hours ago, Urauloth said:

Rest assured that at least once my mind is made up, it will be impossible to change!

It may have been made up for you at this point... :laugh:

Tro, then me, then Mazer all said we'd go for Phastus if pushed to a vote, and Ikka posted to the same effect IC? That's 4 out of 6 players, so I guess that's decision made?

I now imagine Hadad attending a buffet held in the honour of the Astartes, slowly wandering up and down the tables, sneering at all the 'fancy' cheese. Upon his plate is one small, triangular sandwich (egg and cress), with the crusts cut off, and two of those little sausages on cocktail sticks.

And maybe a small fairy cake. (Pink icing).

Edited by Mazer Rackham
Formatting

25 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

I now imagine Hadad attending a buffet held in the honour of the Astartes, slowly wandering up and down the tables, sneering at all the 'fancy' cheese. Upon his plate is one small, triangular sandwich (egg and cress), with the crusts cut off, and two of those little sausages on cocktail sticks.

And maybe a small fairy cake. (Pink icing).

You too?

Though I could see a small slice of cheddar being on there as well, or perhaps one of those little ones that come in red wax covering that used to always end up in lunch boxes.

Just checking, we arrived 1 day out, and this is after 1 hour, so we're still 23 hours out and we've still got a bit of time to make plans, etc?

I know I suggested we pretend to be an IW ship, but if Hadad can't remember anything useful, we might not get away with that and might need to come up with something else...

We're a single Sword, so we're not that big or threatening. We're affordable for a Rogue Trader, maybe.

We're a neutral ship coming in for resupply, mauled by xenos or something.

Did we spoof the idents? Adjust speed and handling, make it look worse than it is.

We just need to make sure we match nothing in the databases.

Be handy to have a good liar to take the call, too.

*Looks at Arazakiel, sidelong*

Edited by Mazer Rackham

42 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Stuff Mazer said.

I agree with all of this.

I guess we kind of need to talk to them first and find out where they stand? Otherwise we might end up trying to sneak in (or go in guns blazing) and then find out they were loyalists after all...

But we'd also need to find that out without revealing who we are, just in case they are bad guys...?

Edited by Lysimachus
Clarity

What about claiming we are a specilist taskforce put togeter from several legions to hunt some particular nasty Xenos pirates. 

It explains why we have members from different Legions, and perhaps also why the ship looks damaged.

Ifthey are traitor they may not belive us, but we would know fro mthe responce they are traitor

if they are loyalist they may belive it for long enough for us to determin that they are loaylist...

Edited by Trokair

Maybe a combination of those ideas? We could claim to be a Rogue Trader's ship, part of a scouting task force hunting for a particular xenos threat (or even their home system?) so that the Legions can crush it. Maybe we are all that is left of that task force?

Maybe we could even claim that we don't know anything about the Heresy, we've been out in the gaps between Imperial systems for months, no contact, etc, etc. That would mean we wouldn't have to declare for one side or the other until we know more?

"What? The Big E and Horus are best mates as far as I know...?"

:laugh:

That said, I might avoid mentioning that we have any Astartes aboard at all, though. Our presence would be an immediate alarm bell in their minds, and we want to appear non-threatening, at least for now?

Edit: if it became useful that we did have a IW aboard, he could just be from another garrison that got called up to act as a bodyguard for the Rogue Trader, and he is the only one left of his squad...?

Edited by Lysimachus

Sorry for being quiet the last couple days, my kitchen flooded and it's been taking most of my attention! Should be back on track now.

As for approaching the planet, I don't think we can disguise being a Salamanders ship, but having an Iron Warrior aboard sounds very useful for communicating with the denizens. Claiming to be a combined force with no knowlege of the war is a gambit I like.

Unless, of course, we can modify our ident signature? Wouldn't pass a visual-range inspection, but the tech-inclined individuals aboard might be able to do it.

By the way, can I do anything to patch up my armour with the time and resources available?