• EC Phoenix Warden
  • WS Stormseer
  • SW Speaker of the Dead
  • SW Caster of Runes
  • IF Castellan
  • WB Diabloist
  • SoH Dark Emissary
  • AL Saboteur

Iron Father/Jarl/Thegn/Warsmith being upgrades rather than 'Consularis' I assume won't get their own, new models (unless you count Legion-specific Praetors as being such).

Edited by Lord Marshal

25 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Love the idea, but the gigantic World of Warcraft pauldrons make this again a miss for me. Creates an egg silhoutte which I really don't like.

Have you considered that maybe you don't like space marines, given these shoulder pads are an intrinsic part of their design and have been forever?

47 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

For those keeping track at home,

• DA Paladin of the Hekatonystika
  • EC Phoenix Warden
  • WS Stormseer
  • SW Speaker of the Dead
  • SW Caster of Runes
  • IF Castellan
  • WB Diabloist
  • SoH Dark Emissary
  • AL Saboteur

Iron Father/Jarl/Thegn/Warsmith being upgrades rather than 'Consularis' I assume won't get their own, new models (unless you count Legion-specific Praetors as being such).

Although a praetor, the EC Tartarus praetor works for a Phoenix warden too. 

Man I love analyzing these new mark consuls, Exposed midriff like chaos, absolutely no gorget whatsoever on his very low collar, seems to have a fancy variant of the generic heavy weapons and despoiler arms, love that the leg cables go into the armour but I'm still skeptical this can be rendered in plastic faithfully although I would buy mark 5 in resin if they would just produce them.

1 minute ago, de Selby said:

With this and the assault marines, they seem to have gone back to the 'space marine squat' pose as the default, and I wish they hadn't.   Most of the details are nice, but I'm not convinced by the belt thing around the sheath of the knife.

In this one, he's stable and leaning forward/crouched a bit as he's drawing the knife for a strike. You can see the blade is starting to come out of the sheath.

57 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Love the idea, but the gigantic World of Warcraft pauldrons make this again a miss for me. Creates an egg silhoutte which I really don't like.

Yeah, I'm with you on this. The proportions feel off. Maybe it's just the new scale used for the characters but they give off a feeling of their arms being too short. I might have to see the model in person to get a more accurate feel for it, but at first glance it doesn't look right.

31 minutes ago, Stitch5000 said:

Have you considered that maybe you don't like space marines, given these shoulder pads are an intrinsic part of their design and have been forever?

The pauldrons on the Horus Heresy characters recently seem to have odd variations in terms of proportions. If you have your Age of Darkness models on hand you should compare the Mk VI pauldrons to the one that belongs to either of the Praetors that came in that set. You'll see why people have some issues with these.