Full Dark Angel reveal

11 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

My guess is tomorrow's reveal will be Dark Angels, because... Christmas Day... green... angel-topper, so on. 

Then whatever the teases are during the week will be revealed at LVO (19th).

Welp.

Belial is a big upgrade (except maybe the bare head, something off about that...), I always thought his pose was awkward and I say that as somebody who can be iffy about D Y N A M I C poses. Companions look quite nice. Part of me wishes a few had their hoods lowered, but it's a nitpick. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

35 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

DA also had the same small upgrade sprue before this one as the rest of the chapters still have so I have no doubt BA/SW will also get a big one whenever they get a refresh.

The rest on the other hand aren't as likely as I wouldn't expect bigger waves like this for them.

I will be very dissapointed with GW if they take that approach - parity should be the focus imo.

It does seem, as others pointed out when they were released, that the terminators were designed to have upgrade bits bolted on. This DA release confirms it and I think they have done a very good job in that regard too. 

I do hope they are sensible with this box set and have a pre order period rather than a mad scramble.

Edited by Subtleknife

16 minutes ago, MoriyaSchism said:

The hands and heads are about the same. The pauldrons are just a tiny bit bigger than the old ones, the chests are wider and the arms are about the same size in some situations (powerfists are a bit better proportioned and better detailed).

350907424_570516001904270_8389963499768144657_n.thumb.jpg.40107a5c60f634c9de3201e2be92d9af.jpg

Thank you! Might need to scrounge up some bits before this release.

1 hour ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

So the companions do have green armor. painted in the same vein as the Lions. Overall a very handsome upgrade.

Is everyone in this thread colour blind? They're black highlighted grey.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

That's a very nice plascannon... I'd been considering making my Unforgiven successors not have Terminators, but that bit on its own is making me reconsider...

I like those companions quite a lot. Enough to get two boxes for all the poses? Extremely debatable

5 minutes ago, mecanojavi99 said:

I assume it's a joke but just in case.

Not a joke, just a matter of opinion.

The effect looks more Green if you're used to the Lion where the canvas is larger and there's other green on the model to bring out the green-ness but its impossible to tell 'green so dark its black' from 'black highlighted by green light'.

The armour is greener than the 'Eavy Metal Black Templars but that still doesn't mean it isn't black.

If you look at the way I paint the Black Legion in the link from my signature you can tell why I don't consider the highlight colour to determine how to interpret black armour but other people do sometimes confuse my models for Night Lords so its a matter of perspective.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

7 minutes ago, Closet Skeleton said:

Not a joke, just a matter of opinion.

The effect looks more Green if you're used to the Lion where the canvas is larger and there's other green on the model to bring out the green-ness but its impossible to tell 'green so dark its black' from 'black highlighted by green light'.

The armour is greener than the 'Eavy Metal Black Templars but that still doesn't mean it isn't black.

If you look at the way I paint the Black Legion in the link from my signature you can tell why I don't consider the highlight colour to determine how to interpret black armour but other people do sometimes confuse my models for Night Lords so its a matter of perspective.

It's not really a matter of opinion, they are objectively green, a dark green but green none the less, you have big enough areas away from the border, specially in the backpack, that clearly show that they are green.

Well I  good job I haven’t painted the leviathan captain yet as Belial is definitely getting turned into a Black Templar.

hmm only in the box set first guess I’ll be searching eBay then.  

Edited by Brother Captain Alberic
Addition

8 minutes ago, ChargingSoll said:

The inner circle companions might only be 3 a box, there is only three sets of body's/legs from all the examples. 

They are only three per box according to valrak which he said before the full reveal, strangely they aren't shown as 3 or 6 in the video but in a group of 5.

For anyone interested and who is also mixing up which SM kits use which shoulder pads like me the DA upgrade sprue has the following shoulder pads:

6 Tacticus shoulders pads on the bottom right with one being a sergeant variant in the middle used by Intercessors, Hellblasters, Suppressors, Desolation Marines and Infernus Marines,
5 Phobos pads also on the bottom right that are used by Incursors, Infiltrators, Reivers (and Eliminators but those can't really be switched due to the capes),
5 Gravis pads on the bottom left with one being a sergeant variant in the middle used by Heavy Intercessors, Eradicators and Inceptors,
3 Elite Gravis pads on the top left with one being a sergeant variant in the middle used by Aggressors,
5 Terminator pads on the top left with three being ornate variants in the middle used by Terminators,
3 Elite Tacticus pads on the top right used by Outriders and Bladeguard Veterans

What we don't have pads for are Sternguard Veterans, Assault Intercessors and Jump Pack Intercessors as they use a kind of pad with a full guard? on the trim instead of just being on the front half like the Elite Tacticus version.
Also the Scouts which use trimless pads.

Edited by Matrindur

1 hour ago, Subtleknife said:

They look great. Love the terminators and new characters.

My complaint now is the upgrade sprue situation is getting rather unfair on other first founding chapters. Compare this and the BT one to what others have got and it's a complete joke. They need to be ensuring parity in that department pronto.

The big four will all get the same treatment and a Primarch. Kind of ridiculous to pretend Blood Angels and Space Wolves won’t get the revamps too. 

beautiful minis. tacticus armor is at its best when it's blinged out IMO, and those Companions are *gorgeous*. i can 100% see black tamplar players already planning how they're going to be filing off some winged swords. some of their calibanite greatswords could be used in other chapters too - particularly the one on the shoulder, with the inlaid skulls on the blade and the purity seal above the hilt. banger of a kit.

Seething in jealousy that dark angels apparently have a patent on terminator plasma cannons. the redesigned plasma cannon looks so good

34 minutes ago, Mike8404 said:

The Companions were shown as 3 different sculpts.  The video shows off some of their different poses with other war gear

There are three bodies with each having two poses which are all shown in the WarCom article:

Spoiler

1st body:

image.png.4b0900f2e007338a4b1abbddd203099a.png

2nd body:

image.thumb.png.cdcfc38a432ce47d2d63bcd2e03e0c23.png

3rd body:

image.thumb.png.38fe04f83366f5624784fe47a29b417c.png

Edited by Matrindur