Warhammer 40,000 in 2024

A Custodes character of some kind, a Kroot riding something thst is not a Knarloc and an Ork Mek is what IMO we are seeing in the video.

It's nice to see more new Kroot units, but I have always being of the opinion that Kroot should be their own separate Codex with the option to take some as allies in a Tau army, similar to Imperium armies.

Edited by mecanojavi99
Realized I was wrong

2 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

First thought Votann but with them not on the roadmap probably something else? That spear kinda looks like a Custodes guardian spear and they are next after orks so maybe that?

image.thumb.png.5b17f00845287d56d787475bab36b29f.png

Yeah good shout, the crest fooled me. The leg plates and the spear definitely look more Custode. It looks like the crest bit is like a Winged Hussar crest?

3 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Yeah good shout, the crest fooled me. The leg plates and the spear definitely look more Custode. It looks like the crest bit is like a Winged Hussar crest?

The spear also has a gun grip so for sure custodes guardian spear

In this position you can also see that he is holding a round shield:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.728d86955fb8fe5a573d016a5b3528c0.png

Also that ork has some bolts in his chin ^^

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.09e2c30bf01712136c0cd30e1f9c33c4.png

Custodes, orks and Kroot also fit perfectly since those are the next three codexes. Custodes and Orks probably just a single character and Tau getting multiple Kroot with an army set

Edited by Matrindur

1 minute ago, Gaius Maximus said:

New constantin valdor to give custodes their primarchs level character? XD

Spear is all wrong for valdor. That one fits the guardian profile to a T. 

Valdor should have something very unique.... assuming he goes and picks up his gear from terra. 

The custodes could be a character but don't know if it could also be a finecast model updated to plastic. Do the custodes have anything in finecast/resin?.

Interesting that the kroot's mount doesn't seem to be a Knarloc or other kind of Kroot subspecies.

The ork looks like a named character perhaps? the weapon seems familiar but don't know which unit has it if true. Also I'm glad their faction is getting something beside the tie-in mini for the book.

Edited by Jscarlos18

12 minutes ago, Hellex_The_Thanatar said:

Spear is all wrong for valdor. That one fits the guardian profile to a T. 

Valdor should have something very unique.... assuming he goes and picks up his gear from terra. 

I mean I was entirely joking tbh but at the same time neither of the new primarchs have kept their old wargear anyway so no reason he would if they did bring him back

14 minutes ago, Jscarlos18 said:

Interesting that the kroot's mount doesn't seem to be a Knarloc or other kind of Kroot subspecies.

Before FW did the Knarloc Riders there was Kroot Hunters in the Kroot Mercenery list, and they were converted out of Cold One (from Dark Elves/Lizardmen) with Krootox Heads. So the apprent scaled look migth be from that.

Edit: Picture

Spoiler

KrootTrackerMini.jpg

Edited by Trokair

10 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Before FW did the Knarloc Riders there was Kroot Hunters in the Kroot Mercenery list, and they were converted out of Cold One (from Dark Elves/Lizardmen) with Krootox Heads. So the apprent scaled look migth be from that.

Edit: Picture

Hide contents

KrootTrackerMini.jpg

Would be a real weird callback, when they've already designed an equivalent unit that fits well within the design language they created.

image.thumb.png.efe4e41a66b05232f27af0774ed9ac2f.png

That said, I wouldn't put it past GW to do that. 

Edit: just to be clear, I also don't think the silhouette looks like a Knarloc, or even a Kroot sub species.

Edited by JayJapanB