Warhammer 40,000 in 2024

11 minutes ago, mecanojavi99 said:

Grotsnik is a Deathskull, the Freebooter is Badrukk.

As for the Evil Suns, there is the Forgeworld character Zhadsnark, but he was legended in 9th.

Grotsnik was a death skull but has essentially become Ghaz's personal dok and iirc didn't have the death skull keywords. I'd have to check. Goffs have 3 named characters ghaz, makari and zagstrukk. Just be because Badrukk is a freebooter doesn't mean Grotsnik isn't either. In the same vain, Zodgrod is a freebooting snakebite after he got kicked out for shooting a mek through his own shokk attack gun.

Zhardsnark was released but wasn't "main" GW or plastic. 

Edited by 01RTB01

Would be neat if Tau got an auxiliary heavy detachment. A Kroot-led Tau assault army. Would need quite a lot of model support, so it's unlikely, but would be a great mixup from the Gundams. I still have an old Chapter Approved that had a full Kroot list, along with a Feral Ork list. Back when units didn't need exact model representation to have rules.

To be honest, it does sort of half tie-up with the rumour Valrak mentioned of updated Vespid as well. Core T'au are fine and don't really need anymore attention, asides from maybe bringing back the old stealth suits as an alternate option / character option.

21 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Grotsnik was a death skull but has essentially become Ghaz's personal dok and iirc didn't have the death skull keywords. I'd have to check. Goffs have 3 named characters ghaz, makari and zagstrukk. Just be because Badrukk is a freebooter doesn't mean Grotsnik isn't either. In the same vain, Zodgrod is a freebooting snakebite after he got kicked out for shooting a mek through his own shokk attack gun.

Zhardsnark was released but wasn't "main" GW or plastic. 

Grotsnik had the Deathskull keyword in 9th, nothing to debate here, he was Deathskull trough and trough and factually he isn't a Freebooter, Freeboters are pirates and the only units in the Codex with the Freebooter keyword were Badrukk and Flashgits.

Zodgrod wasn't a Freebooter either, he had the Snakebites keyword.

Doesn't matter that he was Forgeworld, he was an Evil Suns character with model and rules.

1 hour ago, mecanojavi99 said:

Grotsnik had the Deathskull keyword in 9th, nothing to debate here, he was Deathskull trough and trough and factually he isn't a Freebooter, Freeboters are pirates and the only units in the Codex with the Freebooter keyword were Badrukk and Flashgits.

Zodgrod wasn't a Freebooter either, he had the Snakebites keyword.

Doesn't matter that he was Forgeworld, he was an Evil Suns character with model and rules.

Aye, I've just been rummaging, I'm bang to rights wrong there on the keywords :)

For the record though freebooterz are just those that are out from the norm of the clans - of which Zodgrod was after he was banished. He really should have the keyword as he was hired by numerous different bosses. In the original freebooterz book things like kult of speed, dread mobs, bad docs and such are all examples of freebooterz, they're not exclusively pirates. 

4 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Aye, I've just been rummaging, I'm bang to rights wrong there on the keywords :)

For the record though freebooterz are just those that are out from the norm of the clans - of which Zodgrod was after he was banished. He really should have the keyword as he was hired by numerous different bosses. In the original freebooterz book things like kult of speed, dread mobs, bad docs and such are all examples of freebooterz, they're not exclusively pirates. 

Oh I'm aware of how Freeboters worked in the past, but it's very clear that from 8th onwards they were meant to be specifically pirates.

To be honest, it's entirely possible that Guard and any potential Krieg update are much further away than initially anticipated. If they are a mid-to-late 2024 release there isn't much point in teasing them now, whereas we know Orks, T'au and Custodes are pre-May 2024 at the latest.

4 hours ago, LSM said:

He does not - he has a cloth cape over the left shoulder pauldron, with no fur, purity seals or spiky bits.

When looking at the video on mobile screen I was sure I saw all of them in one rotation (however it seemed like a smaller extra cape then, not the full one.. kind of how some hussars have it.. wich might be why my mind played a trick there), but now at home on the big screen and in slowmotion, plus contrast edits of stills I really dont see it anymore.. odd.

The only possibility ( excluding the non insignificant chance that warhammer community just made a mistake ) is the weird object around his feet is in fact the servoskull toilet paper keeper from a very different angle, but I dont really see how that works as it wouldnt matchup with the cabling.

I did notice the answer to something I was wondering, the ork legs seemed proportionally off on the small screen, but he is actually on some sort of mechanical stilts if Im seeing it right.

I do think the ork is just a Big Mek, not a named (new) character, the regular one doesnt come in plastic and the resin one used now is old, its also an unlikely candidate for purging from the codex.

edit :

Actually when I was deleting my in prograss contrast picture ( as somebody else already did it.) I noticed that the weird shape at the bottom might in fact be the servoskull ( though its still off and would be quite small skulls.)

Contrasted.thumb.jpg.0bc2b83250b75b391726b1e21edc07de.jpg

Edited by TheMawr

1 hour ago, TheMawr said:

When looking at the video on mobile screen I was sure I saw all of them in one rotation (however it seemed like a smaller extra cape then, not the full one.. kind of how some hussars have it.. wich might be why my mind played a trick there), but now at home on the big screen and in slowmotion, plus contrast edits of stills I really dont see it anymore.. odd.

Your edit made it much more clear, he's got a very similar if not quite as dynamic pose going on as 30k Angron 

Damn. I was worried the Custodes release would be one random hero but was hoping we might get a Centura or Silent judge for the Sisters, raw copium after they got a bit boned in the index I guess!

2 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Damn. I was worried the Custodes release would be one random hero but was hoping we might get a Centura or Silent judge for the Sisters, raw copium after they got a bit boned in the index I guess!

Since 7th we have gotten what? Two custodes units? Blade champ and Valerian. One sisters unit in Aleya. Even fw side we haven't gotten a thing. 

Custodes are clearly not well loved by GW along with virtually all imperial agents. 

21 minutes ago, Hellex_The_Thanatar said:

Since 7th we have gotten what? Two custodes units? Blade champ and Valerian. One sisters unit in Aleya. Even fw side we haven't gotten a thing. 

Custodes are clearly not well loved by GW along with virtually all imperial agents. 

you probably mean 9th ?

Custodes main unit and sisters of silence is 7th ( though at the far end )

Custodes named character, jetbikes, terminators and wardens were 8th

From my rumours:

New Custodes HQ with a Melta spear, this will be part of a new boxset which will be 'amazing'

Kroot Cavarly, coming part of a brand new Kroot Only boxset

Ork is a new Mech-boy, basically has a battle suite with all the dakka.

Just posted my video on it for those who are interested, if the rumours turn out to be true then next year is going to be a blast!

Spoiler