Warhammer 40,000 in 2024

I wonder whether the ork is a re-imagining of Nazdreg.

I recall a while ago a rumour about him reappearing and while he wasn't a mek before he was snazzy and tricked out, befitting filthy rich a bad moon, which might fit for this advanced equipment.

Well the ork has a traktor kannon gubbins on his right arm, there's shokk attack gun spinny gubbins on his back and more dakka in his left hand.

I'd wager a mek of some sort. Especially with a mek symbol over the right shoulder. 

The legs look bionik and and the back feet claws like on dreads.

Nazdreg should be ghazgkul sized so I'd wager it's a decked out mek or new named character.

Edited by 01RTB01

24 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

I was surprised that we only had 3 sneak peaks. Sure we had more last year

I think cos its mainly a big opening show for the return of wfb (old world) next year:yes:

Trying to flog, ancient 4th edition skeletons doesn't wash with me thou, bloody disgraceful:laugh:

Shame I loved Warhammer fantasy:mellow:

Orks have had some good releases in the last few years so it’ll probably just be a character but I’m still hoping for a plastic tank bustas kit as well. 

We do need a Bad Moons character as all the other tribes have one (or does the BL one count?). Would love to see Nazdrek but he’s probably too close to Ghaz in model terms for them to bother with. 

48 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

I was surprised that we only had 3 sneak peaks. Sure we had more last year

We had 5 last year but two of those where for Kill Team:

Drukhari Kabalite upgrade sprue, Adeptus Arbites, Orks Snikrot, Tau Farsight and SM Desolation Marines

All out within the first three months

5 minutes ago, Burni said:

Orks have had some good releases in the last few years so it’ll probably just be a character but I’m still hoping for a plastic tank bustas kit as well. 

We do need a Bad Moons character as all the other tribes have one (or does the BL one count?). Would love to see Nazdrek but he’s probably too close to Ghaz in model terms for them to bother with. 

Black library models tend to join main range even though the box arts stay BL , so I’d say he counts :) but only if he remains named like the custode and sister of silence, whereas the captain messenius became a standard captain

Isn't there a character you build out of one of the kits for custodes? My memory is a bit poor there, don't play them. Could be a standalone version of that, so you that you don't build 4 + 1 and have an odd unit with how unit sizes work now.

28 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Isn't there a character you build out of one of the kits for custodes? My memory is a bit poor there, don't play them. Could be a standalone version of that, so you that you don't build 4 + 1 and have an odd unit with how unit sizes work now.

Every Custodes kit can build a Shield Captain with each kit including different wargear for him but the missing models are considered in the unit sizes so thats no problem.

What confuses me about the Custodes is the lack of a plume as every Custodes model has at least an option for a helmet with a plume except the two named characters. Instead the helmet in the video has an eagle head on top?

Also this thing hanging from the back:

Spoiler

image.png.e092e88c57ef6c3b0739d79ce64031a8.png

Its not connected to the shield or the weapon so is connected to the back but its too slim to be a cape.

The Gun on the Spear also seems to be a melta and is mounted on the side instead of in parallel to the spear blade so whatever it is, it's certainly different to the current Custodes design philosophy

Edited by Matrindur

12 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

By the by, the accompanying article on warcom makes specific reference to Codex Custodes, Codex Tau Empire and Codex Orks, so if you needed more evidence that one was a custode...there you go.

Well if anyone had actually read those that would have helped ^^

Interestingly they also talking about spotting a "little detail spied in one of this year’s Advent Engines" but as far as I can see none of them really fit any of the three models? 

5 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Interestingly they also talking about spotting a "little detail spied in one of this year’s Advent Engines" but as far as I can see none of them really fit any of the three models? 

I think they are possibly talking about day 4 the fur mantle with holy scrolls on the back? For the Custodian character?

image.thumb.png.43ec0edd55fa035bf74e0a6b991a9b3a.png

If you look closely when the miniature rotates, I kinda see it in the right shoulder/back portion.

5 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

The "Custodes" has the fur cape i think.

20 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Disappointed they didn’t tease Krieg

Dont be, as i think that would have meant it was a one off commemorative miniature and less likely a "bigger" release. ( considering the roadmap timing ) 

1 hour ago, Emperor Ming said:

I think cos its mainly a big opening show for the return of wfb (old world) next year:yes:

Trying to flog, ancient 4th edition skeletons doesn't wash with me thou, bloody disgraceful:laugh:

Shame I loved Warhammer fantasy:mellow:

I had a feeling it was going to be like this. 95% old stuff. And probably range rotations too.

Still a disappointment to see it realized. 

I cannot explain why, but something in my gut strongly presumes that Ork thing is Nazdreg. Feels like there’s an old piece of art or something that the pose is is being lifted from, but which one, I can’t say.

6 minutes ago, Lexington said:

I cannot explain why, but something in my gut strongly presumes that Ork thing is Nazdreg. Feels like there’s an old piece of art or something that the pose is is being lifted from, but which one, I can’t say.

Its not I'm afraid. The art from second Ed doesn't match nor the art from later.

If they're named then Orkimedes is a good shout. The traktor kannon weapon on the arm and spinny gubbins on the back screams mek alongside the iconography far more than Naz.

2 hours ago, Burni said:

Evil Sunz and Death skulls have had nowt. Grotsnik is a freebooter and evil sunz have never had any.

Wazdakka would be amazing but he's kult of speed but that'd be forgiven!

5 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Evil Sunz and Death skulls have had nowt. Grotsnik is a freebooter and evil sunz have never had any.

Wazdakka would be amazing but he's kult of speed but that'd be forgiven!

Grotsnik is a Deathskull, the Freebooter is Badrukk.

As for the Evil Suns, there is the Forgeworld character Zhadsnark, but he was legended in 9th.