Las Vegas Open Preview Stream - January 18th/19th

I tend to think part of the reason we didn't see more characters along with the Jump Intercessors is that the ones they have set to go in the next couple of years are wearing Shrike-pattern armor and won't show up before the Primaris version of the Vanguard Vets, who I expect to be likewise attired.

But let's be honest... we'll probably end up with Jump Lieutenants in both Tacticus and Phobos before we know it.

That said, I don't expect to see anything Marine-related at LVO unless it's a late-arriving Dark Angels unit.

3 hours ago, ZeroWolf said:

To be fair, we still have the missing Terminator Captain figure lurking somewhere out there and I wouldn't put it past GW to sneak in a ballistus/infernus multipart kit with a DA/BA/BT/DW/SW codex this edition.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they kept that one back because of some mistakes or miscommunication like errors in the packaging, an accidentally busted mold, or, as a worst case scenario that would be the peak of hilarity, they intended a full suite of options for the kit but someone forgot to make a sprue for it and now they have to redo it all over.

Realistically though the automated storage system probably ate it.

On 1/11/2024 at 12:09 PM, Astartes Consul said:

That's my hope. Could be that they preview the Command Squad or some Consuls instead, and save the bigger reveal to Warhammer Fest as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread. But Heresy ended 2023 with some good momentum, so I hope they keep that up with a bigger reveal and supplement.

Warhammer Fest seems very late though considering there is still supposed to be a "mystery army" to be released in January or February, as per last  year's roadmap.

5 minutes ago, Taliesin said:

Warhammer Fest seems very late though considering there is still supposed to be a "mystery army" to be released in January or February, as per last  year's roadmap.

It could be at Adepticon instead, IIRC they normally save some big announcements for then, which would be in March. Technically that still falls in with the "winter" on the roadmap unless they're drawing the line for that in February

1 hour ago, darkhorse0607 said:

It could be at Adepticon instead, IIRC they normally save some big announcements for then, which would be in March. Technically that still falls in with the "winter" on the roadmap unless they're drawing the line for that in February

December, january, february is their winter release schedule.. usually.

Adepticon is not only march, its also much further into march, anything revealed there would be an april release at its earliest. Definitely no winter releases there anymore.

If we are talking wants then more biker marine HQs, since we only have the Chaplain and they are so damned cool.

Realistically we are getting the Mecha Ork or Spear Custodes at most. Desperately hoping Valrak is wrong and the Studes is a unit rather than an HQ and that the Mec-boy-gundam is unnamed. Something feels annoying about a codex only getting a named char since it only adds so much customization.

As for HH, probably Auxilia, hoping if thats the case that they show the box and not just a single model as a 'we will detail it later!' Which they've done before.

Gonna paint a target on myself and pray for Legion-upgrades for MKIII, know some folks hate them but for me the entire point of this game is injecting as much flavour as possible into the line units of each legion. 

Would be shocked and pleased by a Praetor for one of the legions that dont have it yet. Would laugh like a madman if Valrak is right and they announce Dantioch (and proceed to cry as I start planning an IW loyalist army).

No hate for LI, just not my thing, but hope they don't eat up the entire slot of its them.

If they show us the Kroot model, we'll know what he's riding.  And hopefully if folks are speaking about it, they'll mention the rest of the Kroot- even vaguely.

Because as I've said elsewhere, I'm super happy Kroot are getting anything new at all, but my strong would have been for the classic Kroot Hound/ Krootox/ Knarloc Riders/ Greater Knarlocs to be rereleased in plastic, rather than giving us a bunch of new units in plastic while letting the time-tested existing kits to whither on the vine.

Like I said, you won't here me complain if we don't get those units back, because at least we're getting something.

8 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

If they show us the Kroot model, we'll know what he's riding.  And hopefully if folks are speaking about it, they'll mention the rest of the Kroot- even vaguely.

Because as I've said elsewhere, I'm super happy Kroot are getting anything new at all, but my strong would have been for the classic Kroot Hound/ Krootox/ Knarloc Riders/ Greater Knarlocs to be rereleased in plastic, rather than giving us a bunch of new units in plastic while letting the time-tested existing kits to whither on the vine.

Like I said, you won't here me complain if we don't get those units back, because at least we're getting something.

Yeah me too. But GW loves to reinvent the wheel. Hopefully the riders are more of CC unit rather than the sniper outriders gnarloc riders were. Kroot Orks and Vultures would be nice too but I'm not holding my breath there. 

16 hours ago, StrangerOrders said:

If we are talking wants then more biker marine HQs, since we only have the Chaplain and they are so damned cool.

Realistically we are getting the Mecha Ork or Spear Custodes at most. Desperately hoping Valrak is wrong and the Studes is a unit rather than an HQ and that the Mec-boy-gundam is unnamed. Something feels annoying about a codex only getting a named char since it only adds so much customization.

As for HH, probably Auxilia, hoping if thats the case that they show the box and not just a single model as a 'we will detail it later!' Which they've done before.

Gonna paint a target on myself and pray for Legion-upgrades for MKIII, know some folks hate them but for me the entire point of this game is injecting as much flavour as possible into the line units of each legion. 

Would be shocked and pleased by a Praetor for one of the legions that dont have it yet. Would laugh like a madman if Valrak is right and they announce Dantioch (and proceed to cry as I start planning an IW loyalist army).

No hate for LI, just not my thing, but hope they don't eat up the entire slot of its them.

I might riot if dantioch ends up being the first iw character we receive 

10 minutes ago, ChargingSoll said:

The Iron Warriors being bitter about their character after not having one for so long is so thematic I hope its true.

To be fair, a traitor Legion getting a loyalist as their only modeled special character would be…odd. Does any loyalist legion even have a traitor character? (Insert Dark Angels joke of your choice here)

Edited by Rain

25 minutes ago, Rain said:

To be fair, a traitor Legion getting a loyalist as their only modeled special character would be…odd. Does any loyalist legion even have a traitor character? (Insert Dark Angels joke of your choice here)

Not that I'm aware of. The only ones I remember for any are the Istvaan III characters, such as Saul Tarvitz and Garviel Loken. I guess there's an Iron Warriors one as well, and a few in Salamanders/Raven Guard that have no allegiance. With actual models, you'd be down to just Saul Tarvitz and Loken I think, as Garro is a Knight-Errant for his model.

Luther would certainly be an interesting character if they added him to DA, and hopefully they do. I don't know if they'd categorize him as traitor though, given that they don't make any final decision there until way after the Heresy ends. I guess they'd probably not assign either Traitor or Loyalist to him, and put a restriction that he can't be in the same list as the Lion? Don't know how they'd handle that.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Well, if the Dantioch rumor is true, he was not at Istvaan. Imagine if the only named White Scar was a guy whose company joined Horus out of martial respect and got corrupted. Or the only named Iron Hand was the guy noted in the World Eaters codex as being captured at Istvaan and turned to Khorne worship. Players of those Legions would probably not be too happy. So, it’s reasonable for traitor legion players who want to play an actual traitor legion to be miffed when their only sculpted character isn’t a traitor.

But whatever, it is what it is. I don’t have a dog in this race, I’m just throwing popcorn from the stands. 

I would hope they would just be happy that there is a nice Legion-specific sculpt anyways, as they could convert it into something else. But yeah. I know I was happy to finally get decals for Dark Angels what I guess is like 4 or so years ago now. My standards were pretty low then :biggrin:

I'd love to see a Dantioch character but totally get that a generic traitor IW would make sense first.

Incidentally, what's all that talk about Iron Hands going traitor that Valrak suggested? Seems a bit of a stretch to me after everything that happened. Certain elements of the IH  acted dubiously no doubt but I can't seem them going down the path of following Horus...

Every legion had elements fighting on he other side, i dont see why Iron Hands in particular would be immune, in fact, with them despising weakness so much and "Callous" being almost a legion trait it even makes more sense than most.  

24 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Every legion had elements fighting on he other side, i dont see why Iron Hands in particular would be immune, in fact, with them despising weakness so much and "Callous" being almost a legion trait it even makes more sense than most.  

An unaligned “off the reservation” faction a la the Ashen Claws would be interesting. They fight against Horus, but are totally outside of any loyalist chain of command, and have a very “kill everyone and ask questions never” attitude that often catches loyal planets in their paranoid genocidal dragnet. It would be really neat and on brand for Iron Hands post Ferrus death.

Edited by Rain

8 hours ago, Mr Farson said:

I might riot if dantioch ends up being the first iw character we receive 

In before someone mentions that technically we already had Narik Dreygur: he's also a loyalist, and the model is generic, not really Iron Warriors specific.

6 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I would hope they would just be happy that there is a nice Legion-specific sculpt anyways, as they could convert it into something else. But yeah. I know I was happy to finally get decals for Dark Angels what I guess is like 4 or so years ago now. My standards were pretty low then :biggrin:

Depending on what details he'd have sculpted yeah, could be very cool, for kitbashing or just to have a loyalist to play the opposite side once in a while. However, the descriptions from the books sound like Dantioch is quite distinctive, sort of like Maloghurst the twisted.

5 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Whilst I can totally comprehend small elements or individuals from Loyalist Legions present at Istvaan 5 turning traitor, the rumour seems to imply sizeable elements of the Iron Hands turning traitor and that for me, narratively, makes no sense whatsoever. I cannot comprehend why the remnants of the Iron Hands, 

Spoiler

even those Iron Hands who betrayed Shadrak Meduson

would suddenly turn around and start following the very people who orchestrated the murder of their Primarch. Some of their decision making was absolutely questionable during the Heresy but if the rumours turn out to be true and somehow the Iron Hands are suddenly a bunch of Chaos worshipping traitors then that, in my most humble opinion, is very poor writing.

9 hours ago, Rain said:

Well, if the Dantioch rumor is true, he was not at Istvaan. Imagine if the only named White Scar was a guy whose company joined Horus out of martial respect and got corrupted. Or the only named Iron Hand was the guy noted in the World Eaters codex as being captured at Istvaan and turned to Khorne worship. Players of those Legions would probably not be too happy. So, it’s reasonable for traitor legion players who want to play an actual traitor legion to be miffed when their only sculpted character isn’t a traitor.

No, it's not reasonable. Clearly...

+ LOYALTY IS ITS OWN REWARD +

7 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Every legion had elements fighting on he other side

image.thumb.png.a53019cd5647a09e6c108be19849b10b.png