image.png.c5e9bf66ca1cbdd705f34f22675a6863.png

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/14/sunday-preview-deathwing-assault/

Just a box with Deathwin terminators, codex and datasheets. And few more goodies from BL and other games.

Edited by Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf

1 minute ago, Brother Paint said:

Any idea of price range yet? Or have I been totally blind? 

Price dependent of course it should hopefully prove to be better value than say the Astra militarum one was. (In itself not terrible value but when the contents are identical to the combat patrol it makes it less appealing) 

2 minutes ago, Brother Paint said:

We'll find out tomorrow morning when the trade prices go up but I know Valrak theorised between £130-150 if I recall correctly. The army boxes were at £135 so that could be the new benchmark, but we won't know till tomorrow as I say.

23 minutes ago, Matcap86 said:

I'd love that box, but with the LI expansion probably the week after... Is going to be a lot.

I’m waiting on the LI stuff. I was hoping for this weeks reveal as I’m away from reliable internet on the 27th. Not ideal. Hopefully Dark Sphere do their list setup for it so I have a bit of breathing room to pay the invoice on the 27th.

Good luck to all hoping to buy the DA box, looks awesome. Hopefully a warp storm claims all the scalpers and you all get a copy. 

Yep, this manufactured scarcity model GeeDub is running is horrible.

But, as I have every Firstborn Dark Angels kit and every version of their  rule books since forever I may 'need' this.

Legions Imperialis coming close on the heels will mean debt accrual for hobby.... if anything is actually available down under. 

Edit: That Guy below disagreed with something I said. Seems weird, but whatever. 

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

2 minutes ago, Subtleknife said:

Anyone know if this is going to be limited edition ie hardly any made and all through the GW store.

Or is the an order window etc with the ability to order from FLGS?

Assuming it’s like the other army sets, limited edition but available from FLGS too, although the amount of stock they get is sometimes not much. 

59 minutes ago, Brother Paint said:

55 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

We'll find out tomorrow morning when the trade prices go up but I know Valrak theorised between £130-150 if I recall correctly. The army boxes were at £135 so that could be the new benchmark, but we won't know till tomorrow as I say.

AoS had four army sets like this last year and they were all £120, the most recent of which was only about a month ago (Flesh-Eater Courts). Could see a slight increase to £125.

25 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Yep, this manufactured scarcity model GeeDub is running is horrible.

But, as I have every Firstborn Dark Angels kit and every version of their  rule books since forever I may 'need' this.

It's essentially just an early adopter discount bundle. All kits will be available standalone in another 6-8 weeks, no "need". (Unless you're after the unique Codex cover but tbh the books from these sets tend to go pretty cheap on eBay shortly after release)

6 minutes ago, Subtleknife said:

Anyone know if this is going to be limited edition ie hardly any made and all through the GW store.

Or is the an order window etc with the ability to order from FLGS?

All previous instances of army launch sets have been widely available, including through FLGS. As far as I remember the only one that actually sold out quickly was the Votann one.

5 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

It is a one and done. The army launch boxes do not get reprinted. And the SM ones all sell out the first day

Technically you can still find some SM army boxes here and there. Until recently, my local FLGS had both the 9th edition Black Templar launch set and the Raven Guard one.

24 minutes ago, jaxom said:

What sort of saving might we be looking at?

Judging by roughly equivalent units/kits taken from BT and guessing a supplement at 96 pages might be like £25, the price for everything on its own would be £229,50 so at the theorised £130 to £150 you'd save £79,50 to £99,50.

BT upgrades £21, contained twice

terminators £40, contained thrice

helbrecht £32,50, contained once

datacards £10, contained once

codex SM is £35 so I guessed £25, not sure if that's expensive or cheap.