27 minutes ago, brother_b said:

My big question: they communicate on heavily encrypted vox channels… yet have a vow of silence?

Awesome models for sure.

superhuman-speed morse code keyed through specialized mouthpieces in their helmets?

blink-clicked phrases aided by sophisticated auto-complete subroutines?

mind impulse units in their helmets?

4 minutes ago, Ammonius said:

superhuman-speed morse code keyed through specialized mouthpieces in their helmets?

blink-clicked phrases aided by sophisticated auto-complete subroutines?

mind impulse units in their helmets?

I'll go with:

D) Warhammer Community doesn't understand what a "Vow of Silence" is.

That kind of thing is well-established as tech the Imperium has.

Off the top of my head from Gaunt's ghosts, they have devices (modified Servo-Skulls I think) that mute specific words by clearance level specific to each listener. And this was just Imperial Guard Intelligence, Imperium tech might be wildly variable but I expect that the DA to have the higher crust. Surely a miniaturized version that is helmet mounted isnt beyond the unforgiven.

Edit: Thinking about it, given how chatty alot of the Risen are, it would make sense if they are permanently on mute. 

Imagine having to listen to Kai's boisterous ranting nonstop without a mute button.

Edited by StrangerOrders

Given sisters of silence are silent by definition and still communicate I would assume it would be something similar. Even non verbal messages would still be transmitted by vox in the same way that a text message still uses the same transmission method as a phone call and battlefield Comms that are non verbal are a perfectly normal thing irl

Forgive me if I'm wrong; All they have to do is provide more stock, and keep things available. 

Then the scalpers have no leverage and we don't need to try to buy things as soon as they are released.

Their growth is an issue of their own making, I can't believe everything they do is incompetent, so some level of intent is there.

Doh! Going OT again.

If I can't resist this box, and there is a good chance I can't now I see the price, I'd paint them Black, maybe Consecrators or Angels of Vengeance, or Risen in TDA.
The scale jump is too much to have them side by side with my white DW.

Not long to go before my willpower is challenged.:biggrin:

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

3 hours ago, Orion said:

I like the Angels Absolution scheme.
Not sure how it works with Deathwing though.

I feel like you'd want to give them black helmets to make up for the lack of powerpack.

Although they might start looking like Star Phantoms at that point.

I think Star Phantoms Terminators have the forehead armour plate and the middle vent painted white on their helmets. It's a bit difficult to tell, but that part looks significantly brighter than the rest of the helmet.

Since the Angels o Absolution follow their parent chapters organisation in principle (if not in amount of guilt) one could argue that their deathwing and ravenwing equivalent are still painted differently.

From what I'm reading they include increasing amounts of green fabric for their "hidden brotherhood", so one could argue their 1st company should be in green armour. Which would a an interesting way to differentiate them from the regular Deathwing/Greenwing dynamic.

7 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Since the Angels o Absolution follow their parent chapters organisation in principle (if not in amount of guilt) one could argue that their deathwing and ravenwing equivalent are still painted differently.

From what I'm reading they include increasing amounts of green fabric for their "hidden brotherhood", so one could argue their 1st company should be in green armour. Which would a an interesting way to differentiate them from the regular Deathwing/Greenwing dynamic.

Imperial Armour has depicted their First Company veterans wearing power armour but the Sergeant has green cloth on him and each veteran depicted has unique personal heraldry. I'd probably have their Deathwing and Ravenwing be closer to the Heresy era Orders.

It looks like most of the existing units for Ravenwing will stick around, besides the Land Speeder and the normal Bike Squad of course. I didn't see any mention of the Talonmaster, so it's the most likely to not make the cut or to be modified in some way, since it used the Land Speeder as its basis as a kit.

Are they going to lock the rules for outriders and other non da specific models behind having to buy the general marine codex as well I wonder? That would be rather frustrating.

9 minutes ago, Marshall Bretton said:

Are they going to lock the rules for outriders and other non da specific models behind having to buy the general marine codex as well I wonder? That would be rather frustrating.

It's a Supplement, so yes, you are meant to use both in order to get access to everything.

1 hour ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

It looks like most of the existing units for Ravenwing will stick around, besides the Land Speeder and the normal Bike Squad of course. I didn't see any mention of the Talonmaster, so it's the most likely to not make the cut or to be modified in some way, since it used the Land Speeder as its basis as a kit.

I could see them doing a Ravenwing specific upgrade sprue in the future where you get the upper half of primaris Talonmaster so you can stick it into a Stormspeeder.

1 hour ago, Vardus said:

So as we expected they get 3 detachments, 1 for each of the wings, now we know what to expect in that regard when it comes to the other divergent Chapters.

1 hour ago, mecanojavi99 said:

So as we expected they get 3 detachments, 1 for each of the wings, now we know what to expect in that regard when it comes to the other divergent Chapters.

One of which is also a known entity for BA&SW, So I'd guess Sanguinary Guard and Death Company for BA, not that that was hard to guess.  For SW it could be Oops all Wolf Guard, Oops all Wolf Cavalry, Oops all Wulfen, or something unlikely like a Lone Wolf Scout/Phobos shenanigans detachment.

This reminds me both BA and SW had some extra stuff regarding Flesh Tearers and Wolfspear in 9th, was there a set of successor rules like that for the Dark Angels?

The Company of Hunters has a nasty selection of Enhancements which come in extra-handy now that the Ravenwing Command Squad’s Champion has gained the CHARACTER keyword, allowing the whole unit to attach to your Outriders or Ravenwing Black Knights to form a packed-out super squad.  

OK so take a unit of Outriders and add an ATV. Then add the RWCS to the Outriders. Tank incoming fire on the ATV as it has 8 wounds to chew through. Then, when it dies, the RW Apothecary can bring it back.

Now GW banned Apothecaries from reviving ATVs last edition. I wonder if there will be some restriction or if they will have forgotten their lesson once more?