27 minutes ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Mace of Absolution does have its own weapon profile, mate, altogether the Deathwing Knight profile has four weapon profiles.

Cool.  Spill it.

currently, the "power weapons" are exactly as I listed, during play no mention was made of anything like lethal hits or devastating wounds. It's possible they'll get alternative weapon profiles as I think valrak suggested - but if so, we've no hint on how those look currently.

9 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

thats the thing though, the weapons will be broadly comparable.

If these guys get 5 attacks at damage 1, I cant see any of their other weapons being more than damage 2, and probably either with a to-hit penalty, or fewer attacks.

Idk if that's true. Bolt Pistols are still wildly outclassed across the range. So are chains words on units that can take different types of weapons.

I think there's room. Lets their be nuance when they eventually go back to full wargear points (which I am not thrilled for.)

2 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

thats the thing though, the weapons will be broadly comparable.

If these guys get 5 attacks at damage 1, I cant see any of their other weapons being more than damage 2, and probably either with a to-hit penalty, or fewer attacks.

I agree, but hope that's wrong.

For the points they should wreck things. As they stand, they really underwhelm.

Hoping Mr Val has the good oil on this.

37 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

They seem to be an anvil unit rather than a hammer unit.

2 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Yep, but for that price killing 5 Primaris isn't even close to worth it.

Yeah, I think the consistent lethality versus anything but chaff will be from other units like Bladeguard and Lightning Claw Terminators. I'll do the math when I have some time.

The big question is what it takes to chew through 5 four-wound models with 2+/4++ and -1 damage? 

When we could run FnP bike apothecaries near banners that provided -1W 5 man units of termies evaporated pretty quickly... for 300 points and no FNP.  I don't think they're that tanky.  For the points I'd rather have 7 terminators who can shoot...

Heck for an extra hundred and change you can have 5 more termies.

Edited by FarFromSam

Welp, Dark Sphere says no, citing "very high demand" and "insufficient stock allocated". Hopefully that's just my historic failure to pay up going against me and others of you who signed up get something!

1 hour ago, Halandaar said:

Welp, Dark Sphere says no, citing "very high demand" and "insufficient stock allocated". Hopefully that's just my historic failure to pay up going against me and others of you who signed up get something!

First time I've ever been given a blanket 'no' from Dark Sphere (I have previously asked for 2 copies of something and only been allowed to buy 1), and I completed the ROI about 30 seconds after I got the email, and I've always paid for my ROIs the day the invoice has been raised. Thusly, I suspect that they have indeed had very high demand and received insufficient stock. 

Edited by Arbedark

Got a yes from DS,1 copy of DW assault. I was 4 days late to the sign up. Have until Monday to pay when they send the invoice- seems shorter than previous times.

I've had no's before. but from stock. The only time I have not purchased what I ordered was when the whole Lion with bladeguard lack of stock anywhere debacle happened. Had a no on the Lion and a yes on Azrael which I then didnt purchase  as I wasnt going to buy just one.

2 minutes ago, lhg033 said:

Have until Monday to pay when they send the invoice- seems shorter than previous times.

It's been pay by Monday as long as I can remember.

29 minutes ago, Arbedark said:

First time I've ever been given a blanket 'no' from Dark Sphere (I have previously asked for 2 copies of something and only been allowed to buy 1), and I completed the ROI about 30 seconds after I got the email, and I've always paid for my ROIs the day the invoice has been raised. Thusly, I suspect that they have indeed had very high demand and received insufficient stock. 

23 minutes ago, lhg033 said:

Got a yes from DS,1 copy of DW assault. I was 4 days late to the sign up. Have until Monday to pay when they send the invoice- seems shorter than previous times.

I've had no's before. but from stock. The only time I have not purchased what I ordered was when the whole Lion with bladeguard lack of stock anywhere debacle happened. Had a no on the Lion and a yes on Azrael which I then didnt purchase  as I wasnt going to buy just one.

So someone with no missed previous allocations completing it as early as possible gets a no, but someone with a missed order on their account 4 days later gets a yes?

In fairness - I did message them at the time to say I would not be buying Azrael if I wasnt going to get the Lion too (and made a point of being polite and grateful to them/understood it was a GW stock issue) so they may have removed any negative flags I might have gotten. No idea on why that would happen on the timing side though unless they have a 'this person missed out before' thing too.  Doubt it

46 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

So someone with no missed previous allocations completing it as early as possible gets a no, but someone with a missed order on their account 4 days later gets a yes?

Depends if the email @Arbedark referred to went out when the register actually went live, or later. Potentially if the list had been active a few days already by the time they emailed out, the two of them could have joined it on the same day and both accounts check out.

There is also the possibility that people with no strikes who've missed out before get preference the next time around, but I don't think they do that and first-come-first-served would be the deciding factor.

Edited by Halandaar

From Reddit

Valraks gave the ICC profile last night on his stream. Here's what he said.
Inner Circle Companions:
3-6 per unit. Can be attached to any Character that can be attached to Sternguard Veterans.
W3 T4 no invuln.
Weapons Profile: Heavy Bolt Pistol Calibanite Great Sword Strike Profile: Lethal Hits A4 WS3 S6 AP-1 D2 Sweep Profile: Sustained Hits 2A4 WS3 S6 AP-1 D1
Braziers of Judgement: "while a character model is leading this unit each time an attack targets this unit, subtract 1 from the hit roll"
Enmity of the Unworthy: "each time a model in this unit makes an attack that targets a character unit, add 1 to the hit roll"

Ok, hear me out, with Azrael and Liutenant it could become a really good unit if the total cost is around 350 points.

4++, fall back and charge, Sustined hit 1/lethal D2, Sustined hit 2/lethal D1, -1 to be hitted.

56 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

10 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Depends if the email @Arbedark referred to went out when the register actually went live, or later. Potentially if the list had been active a few days already by the time they emailed out, the two of them could have joined it on the same day and both accounts check out.

There is also the possibility that people with no strikes who've missed out before get preference the next time around, but I don't think they do that and first-come-first-served would be the deciding factor.

I got the email at 11:44am on 3rd Jan. No clue when it opened up, but I presume it wouldn't have been open for days before they send out a newsletter about it... 

It's no skin off my nose missing a release I wanted - they're only plastic toy soldiers after all - I was just a little surprised, given previous experience. 

I'm sure I've posted about it here before, but I'm becoming less impressed with DS over time due to a range of issues. I'm just not sure what better alternatives exist.