I have a box secured through the Dark Sphere register of interest, just need to get the address changed! I’m really excited for this, especially seeing the sprues and the different schemes yesterday. 

I got my two boxes with a FLGS but didn't get a discount. Stock seems extremely thin at most stores I looked at even limiting customers to one or two boxes with only nine copies available in total at one and very few offering discounts.

With Might Lancer recently saying FLGS pre-orders in general may be delayed so that you don't receive them at launch I think this will be the last pre-order I make as the GW hype train finally reaches the station for me and I climb off with some dignity intact.

These models have a very sci-fi Napoleonic feel to me, maybe I'll do Sharpe's Tercio! :biggrin:

Edited by Doghouse

Bought a box, not sure what I'll do with the infantry since I have a lot of the resin ones, but I figure I can turn the Leman Russ into a Command Tank since it looks a bit fancier than the Mars-patterns I have currently.

Also snagged two sets of dice, which were surprisingly difficult to find compared to the boxes.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Managed to get one from Dark Sphere's register for interest as well, though in the email they said they were limiting the boxes to just one per customer and didn't even bother with the dice because they weren't getting enough.

Surely GW would have known this would have been far more popular than the Mk3 battlegroup, so why didn't they produce more?

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Never flipped on a purchase so fast. Wound up ordering it in the end.

jfc I don't even collect SA. Always been a Cults & Militia man.

Now you do and have a allied force for your fodd-I mean volunteer forces...

A little past eight hours now since the preorder and it's still in stock on the official store. Impressive, after the last few releases! I got my two boxes super early in the morning somehow, unsure what that was about.

I didnt get one as i cant stand the aesthetic of the guardsmen equivalent in this army.  I do however intend to pick up some of the armour later, as the design of them really suits my vostroyans, so looking forward to the individual sets being released.

8 hours ago, utahraptor232 said:

A little past eight hours now since the preorder and it's still in stock on the official store. Impressive, after the last few releases! I got my two boxes super early in the morning somehow, unsure what that was about.

I think what could possibly be happening here is they are limiting FLGS in how many they get on pre-order more so than usual. Mighty Lancer Games said that they have been told not to expect products to arrive in time for release day by GW, now this could be because of production issues but could also be them prioritising the stock to their webstore to make more money.

4 hours ago, Doghouse said:

now this could be because of production issues but could also be them prioritising the stock to their webstore to make more money.

It very well could be, I would assume production issues though. I've never been big on the "GW does this intentionally" thing, it all just seems counterintuitive.

5 hours ago, beefeb said:

I do however intend to pick up some of the armour later, as the design of them really suits my vostroyans, so looking forward to the individual sets being released.

Buying Legions Imperialis and reading the Heresy rules pulled me into Solar Aux, but also as a Guard player, I do plan to run tanks as both Cthonian and Krieg. The tanks are incredible and definitely fit the more archaic Guard regiments like Vostroyan, Krieg, and maybe even Valhallan and Tallarn

11 hours ago, Robbienw said:

Not really.  Look like they have just made them match up with the size of the original resins.

But auxilia always were too tall, that's my point. Hence, "Still too tall [...]"

Edited by Petitioner's City

8 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

The scale is consistent with upright Cadians. It works fine. Little off next to Krieg and Kasrkin, but Kasrkin work much better on 25s. 

Again, it's scale creep which meant the original auxilia could often be taller than 2014 era marines and now are almost as tall as 2022 marines; mortals should be Cities of Sigmar normal troops scale, not this.

Edit: is it possible to unify these two posts?

Edited by Petitioner's City

The lasrifle boys are heading towards the top of my 'to buy' list when they come out as an individual kit, as they will make great cultist proxies for my CSM army. I'm sure that the vehicles could be used too, I mean surely this stuff was still hanging around post-heresy?

Now these are starting to get out there in the wild and we're seeing better paint schemes and posing these are looking much better to me. Seriously glad my FLGS has sold out because I do not need to spend that money right now.

Have we seen any photos of the Storm Axe options on the Veletaris? Seems odd to tell us about it but not show pictures.

Edited by Corswain

Tried to read this whole thread but I ran out of stamina :confused:

These are nice models. I especially like the Leman Russ but I can’t understand why GW would not give them sponsons (I know it’s in the rules but the question still stands). Surely they would shift more of them if they did, as people would want them for both 30k and 40K then?

The infantry are also nice, and would absolutely work as a 40K regiment as well.  Guard need more cheap plastic troops as it’s rubbish that Cadians are the only proper option. Also anything that enables you to build one army for two game systems is a good thing and I think encourages more purchases rather than making people buy two lots of stuff. Only the “whales” can really afford this anyway (video gaming term used here but I don’t know what other term to use. Not meant to be offensive at all so I hope it isn’t for anyone). 

Also echo what other people have said. These sort of boxes shouldn’t be limited edition. They should be standard army boxes that are kept in stock long-term. Especially when you consider the number of models needed for a 30k army. Same with the mkIII battle group.

Edited by TheArtilleryman

1 hour ago, TheArtilleryman said:

Tried to read this whole thread but I ran out of stamina :confused:

These are nice models. I especially like the Leman Russ but I can’t understand why GW would not give them sponsons (I know it’s in the rules but the question still stands). Surely they would shift more of them if they did, as people would want them for both 30k and 40K then?

This is mostly linked to GW's desire to have a clear 'Horus Heresy Revenue Stream'. We saw that even before the new edition was announced, with all the Heresy kits being given new product codes. There were also rumours floating around, which turned out to be true, that units/characters without official models would be pulled from the printed books, for similar reasons. Seems to have been part of GW bringing the Heresy range into line with the rest of its various IPs and wanting to have a much better grasp on what was selling etc.

Basically for reasons of both profit but also business management, GW doesn't want any of its kits to be used in Heresy that aren't specifically marketed as such.