As for the WE iconography 

" reflecting how the Fangs would often disguise themselves as Traitors to approach enemy lines before attacking without warning."

Also loving the battle damage, especially on the pauldrons. Think its the first time we've really seen that much under the ceramite 

Edited by Mechanicus Tech-Support

1 hour ago, Sir Clausel said:

How are the size of these compared to primaris sized marines?

They're a little bit shorter, closer to Chaos Space Marines height-wise.

The big thing with the newer Heresy stuff is that the proportions/scale is different. The hands and head are smaller, more correctly scaled I guess, giving them a more realistic proportion without needing to be necessarily huge. So they chose to more go all in on actually reproportioning them vs trying to retain some of the older scale pieces (head, shoulders, arms/hands) that Primaris design did.

1 hour ago, son of the forest said:

If he wasn't around for Angrons reunion why does his iron halo have the world eater teeth?

Indeed. Typical background- GW miniature inconsistencies, anyway. Leaving that for another post, I must say the miniature is gorgeous as hell. The only thing us quite strange looking is the archeotec pistol, quite different from the official art, from BL and Neil Roberts. Inconsistencies, inconsistencies everywhere...

But a great miniature, indubitably.

image.png.3670862bd4f09cdbc7cb2f60aae7dd7b.png

21 minutes ago, Xenith said:

What a monster, looks like an Alpha Legion saboteur to me...

He is some kind related to the Thunder Warriors so he's quite big. I was thinking to add some kind of "over grown" astartes to my lads. A kind of enforcer. Pity this fella comes from FW 

Just now, Etruscan said:

I really like this model. Interesting how the quality and execution of FW Heresy models has fluctuated so much of late. Some real winners and some which feel a bit of a mess.

On another note, I always felt a bit sad when 

Hide contents

Haar gets killed during the Siege.

Do not make spoilers...

2 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

I highly highly recommend Reynolds's three audio dramas about Harr. They are entertaining and the Red Fief does substantiate with his relationship to the legion post-Angron too, as well as the politics of the Heresy

220px-BlackshieldsAudio.jpg.fceed6fd02f56f76b5301f1351a858ac.jpg

BlackshieldsRedFief.jpg.4a64fa5969be8db269f200a1a4d1559d.jpg

It must be done, and it shall be done, what ever the cost. 

Just gone through the trilogy again over the past weekend, highly recommended especially if you like false flags operations. 

Edited by ChargingSoll
Duplicates text

1 hour ago, Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf said:

He is some kind related to the Thunder Warriors so he's quite big. I was thinking to add some kind of "over grown" astartes to my lads. A kind of enforcer. Pity this fella comes from FW 

Do not make spoilers...

That’s why I put the text hidden  in a Spoiler.

Edited by Etruscan

3 hours ago, Matcap86 said:

Huh, those proportions look all kinds of off to me.

I initially thought the proportions were pretty spot on and it was the pose that was throwing it off. But after looking at it for longer, I think the right arm may be a little off?

Regardless, I really like the model. I would love to re-pose it and use it as the base for a character conversion. MKV armour is underrated and I like the size and presence of the miniature.

Also kudos to whoever painted it, they’ve done a fantastic job. I’d love to discover the recipe used on the armour.

His right hand seems a bit bigger than normal and I think it's possible that the head is on the small side which is what is making his proportions seem off to what we are used to seeing. The armour damage is very nice as it reflects the nature of ceramite really well.

4 hours ago, Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf said:

Indeed. Typical background- GW miniature inconsistencies, anyway. Leaving that for another post, I must say the miniature is gorgeous as hell. The only thing us quite strange looking is the archeotec pistol, quite different from the official art, from BL and Neil Roberts. Inconsistencies, inconsistencies everywhere...

But a great miniature, indubitably.

image.png.3670862bd4f09cdbc7cb2f60aae7dd7b.png

Hounds have teeth too

a spiked collar and fangs were already elements of Warhounds iconography and could conceivably have been existing iconography the Legion used elsewhere that was adapted to the entire Legion when they were renamed World Eaters. The important part is the absence of chowing down planets.

Edited by Wispy

Great mini. I love this guy's audio stories, and I'm hopeful his arc gets some decent resolution on Beta-Garmon, since that's what he was being built up for. I know he also shows up at the Siege but he's basically just a name drop there for all his character matters in that story.

Even if Haar missed the Angron re-union and the Nails, he's still in the World Eaters supply chain and presumably also changed his iconography with his Legion as a general order. It's entirely within reason that he has World Eaters heraldry while also missing those events. It's a little like the Sons of Horus who are still partly in Luna Wolves colors at Prospero. I think his proportions being off is also fine, because part of his deal is that he's possibly a Thunder Warrior/proto-Astartes hybrid? The angular studs are a nice touch, too. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that style of bonding stud.

I haven't read/listened to the endryd haar novels so I'm just going on book 6 stuff:

Screenshot_20240215-1712222.thumb.png.727bf237ae4a7b9f6e02a97fd2b57c7c.png

Pretty sure "all traces of his legions insignia and honours" doesn't mean many examples of them. So maybe the confusion on those details is warranted if they didn't walk that back in the audio dramas.