On 2/16/2024 at 6:11 AM, KurtanionNZ said:

Is this the first archeotech pistol we've seen from Heresy 2.0? I kind of love how it ties into the Votaan range. And makes sense that archeotech would look clean and advanced versus some of the other examples we've seen in the past.

So glad I'm not the only one who thought the archeotech pistol looks Votannish - I assumed it was just because of the paint job.

It is an absolutely CRACKING miniature though. And I'm not talking about the armour of whatever's about to be punched. Talk about casting FIST. This is a truly EXCELLENT miniature.

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2024 at 3:22 PM, roryokane said:

So glad I'm not the only one who thought the archeotech pistol looks Votannish - I assumed it was just because of the paint job.

It is an absolutely CRACKING miniature though. And I'm not talking about the armour of whatever's about to be punched. Talk about casting FIST. This is a truly EXCELLENT miniature.

Wdym "Votannish"? That is clearly the gun from Space King!

Edited by The Scorpion

1 hour ago, m_r_parker said:

He's £36...

I know he's ForgeWorld, but there's not even a scenic base that goes with him. That's a lot for a single guy.

Yeah I don't get it. I guess named character plus being a bit bigger adds a hefty premium. But still, it's a bit much. 

1 hour ago, m_r_parker said:

He's £36...

I know he's ForgeWorld, but there's not even a scenic base that goes with him. That's a lot for a single guy.

It's the name tax. IMO there isn't a justified price in detail over a praetor which are still full of stuff and cheaper by a good margin.

Unfortunately, when FW decided to remove the scenic bases and display boxes from characters as the old ones got, they decided to keep the name tax

17 hours ago, Redcomet said:

Their prices for characters have gotten way out of hand. 

Folks can call me a grumbling Longbeard all they want, but anything over half that price would have me raising an eyebrow.

Their prices are driven by the simple principle of "people pay them". 

We know they can afford to price stuff way cheaper from Old World, with things like metal liche priests and necrotects being $18 cad per (the uh, same price that character blisters were when I started the hobby 18 years ago). Apophas, a special character, is $24 to account for that "one-off markup". Resin is an allegedly cheaper material to work with, so the $70 is comically high.