Adepticon 2024 Schedule

1 minute ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Having Horus Heresy and Necromunda in a separate "Plus exciting teasers" section is interesting.

Horus Heresy just being a teaser is surprising, considering we know that the plastic Command Squad is coming and they've already teased it once at New Year (unless the standard bearer is a resin Herald as some theorised). That, and Spring brings us to the end of the roadmap.

5 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

We already know the Heresy teaser is the Mechanicum Knights in the big box slot at the end of summer per Valrak. Another wasted preview. 

To be fair there's going to be a lot of people who don't watch valrak and will have no idea about that box, thus it won't be a waste of a preview for them.

1 minute ago, ZeroWolf said:

To be fair there's going to be a lot of people who don't watch valrak and will have no idea about that box, thus it won't be a waste of a preview for them.

True, it just exacerbates the glacial pace for those in the know. It looks like Old World being in a main slot might indicate a sea change in how they’re treating it though. While not board appropriate, that seems like a good sign to me if we are gonna see all of the upcoming orcs and dwarves stuff. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

7 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I wonder if that KillTeam reveal will be the rumoured Killteam Vespids, since it's within T'au Codex release window?

Wouldn't count on it, might be the GSC vs Votann one

Hoping for something decent for CSM given they're next on the docket in terms of reveals, but I should probably expect another standalone character and Battleforce for them and not a great deal else.

Honestly AoS, Warcry and Old World will have my attention way more than the rest.

22 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

We already know the Heresy teaser is the Mechanicum Knights in the big box slot at the end of summer per Valrak. Another wasted preview. 

You might known that, but the vast majority of warhammers have never heard of Valrak

4 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Hoping for something decent for CSM given they're next on the docket in terms of reveals, but I should probably expect another standalone character and Battleforce for them and not a great deal else.

Honestly AoS, Warcry and Old World will have my attention way more than the rest.

AoS should be a launchbox teaser for AoS 4. I hope ToW is High Elves

17 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I wonder if that KillTeam reveal will be the rumoured Killteam Vespids, since it's within T'au Codex release window?

This is what I'm looking forward to most in terms of 40k. If we see anything for CSM I hope there's some surprises in there.

1 hour ago, Marshal Rohr said:

True, it just exacerbates the glacial pace for those in the know. It looks like Old World being in a main slot might indicate a sea change in how they’re treating it though. While not board appropriate, that seems like a good sign to me if we are gonna see all of the upcoming orcs and dwarves stuff. 

That's always going to be an issue though, how far back to you push things? We know AoS 4.0 is coming this summer... If they told us what's coming 3 years in advance people would want to know 4 and so on...

6 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Oh yeah, just for the sake of completeness:vOPvfv7munegEVOX.jpg

That guy is pretty certainly not a 40k, Necromunda or Killteam model, so no need to speculate on what 40k faction would have a bone dog.

It actually looks like an unusual fleshless Drukhari Kymerae (as opposed to the regular ones, which are just skinless), but the amour plate, souls and the construction of the bones gives it away as Ossiarch Bonepeepers.

12 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Valraks sources point to three separate battleforce boxes, and a new chaos Terminator lord, and something else that I've forgotten about.

9 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

You might known that, but the vast majority of warhammers have never heard of Valrak

AoS should be a launchbox teaser for AoS 4. I hope ToW is High Elves

Expect Dwarfs for TOW.

The teased miniature is probably underworlds given everyone knows what AoS preview will be...kind of funny actually. This time last year we'd had two 10th edition teases, with no printed date on when we were going go get further information. Then Adepticon hit and the last thing we got in the 40k section was the cgi 10th edition trailer. 

AoS however is clearly signposted :laugh:

The Necromunda teaser is probably for Necromunda Secundus, as its been called so far. If its a new starter set deal, I may jump in.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Halandaar said:

Optimist in me says new Bikers, if only because that big leak from 2022 was otherwise accurate except for that one weird exception.

The realist in me says it'll just be a new Terminator Lord (but without a Sorcerer-Terminator option).

Edited by Lord Marshal

8 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Optimist in me says new Bikers, if only because that big leak from 2022 was otherwise accurate except for that one weird exception.

The realist in me says it'll just be a new Terminator Lord (but without a Sorcerer-Terminator option).

Semi-Optimist Realist me says new Terminator Lord and new Termi-Sorc.

If only because removing the Dual Kit would negatively affect the Death Guard range, which is clearly GW's favourite of the Cult Factions.