Adepticon 2024 Schedule

1 hour ago, Nephaston said:

Promising...

Also is it me or does that left hand seem very meaty. Do they finally allow for the Lord to seem possessed? Will my wallet ever recover?!

I had been thinking along these lines also since Valrak's rumour mentions the PA lord is in a "Daemon" themed box - i take that to mean possessed and Warp Talons, so it would also make sense for the Lord to be linked in model and game terms

On the other hand (hehe) it's just as likely its a powerfist.

11 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

I had been thinking along these lines also since Valrak's rumour mentions the PA lord is in a "Daemon" themed box - i take that to mean possessed and Warp Talons, so it would also make sense for the Lord to be linked in model and game terms

The "jump pack lord" was said to be the one in the daemonkin themed box though, not the other/this one ( wich was until now not certain if it was pa or terminator.)

btw.. isnt a daemon prince "technically" the equivalent to a chaos lord where the possessed are equivalent to legionaires ? ( Not saying I dont hope there are more mutated and possessed character options as for my personal taste its what chaos should be all about.)

2 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

The "jump pack lord" was said to be the one in the daemonkin themed box though, not the other/this one ( wich was until now not certain if it was pa or terminator.)

btw.. isnt a daemon prince "technically" the equivalent to a chaos lord where the possessed are equivalent to legionaires ? ( Not saying I dont hope there are more mutated and possessed character options as for my personal taste its what chaos should be all about.)

Oh! From the picture I assumed that the Power Armour Lord would get a jump pack option, my bad!

For the daemon prince, I'd say its a different type of being (for one it's a monster more than Infantry, and then the ascended person retains full control over their body, unlike a possessed marine where power is shared with a warp entity), but its certainly open to interpretation

26 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

Yeah the Jump Lord box is supposed to have Possessed and Warp Talons, two separate boxes, one for each lord, I am excited to see them!

Puffing the purest Hopium right now I'm gonna say the teased Lord comes with a Jump Pack option (and a separate extra big tactical rock to waste sprue space :D) while the other kit is a terminator Lord. That way we have a foot slogger Lord and one Jump Lord (who can foot slog as well but hush).

16 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

btw.. isnt a daemon prince "technically" the equivalent to a chaos lord where the possessed are equivalent to legionaires

A Daemon prince is the Marine becoming a daemon, while possession is getting a daemonic roommate. Princedom is selfish, and possession is friendship <3

33 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Puffing the purest Hopium right now I'm gonna say the teased Lord comes with a Jump Pack option (and a separate extra big tactical rock to waste sprue space :D) while the other kit is a terminator Lord. That way we have a foot slogger Lord and one Jump Lord (who can foot slog as well but hush).

A Daemon prince is the Marine becoming a daemon, while possession is getting a daemonic roommate. Princedom is selfish, and possession is friendship <3

Yeah I get that, hence the technically had the " " .. I meant more the hybrid daemon vibe rather than lore ;)

Careful with the hopium though as the rumor never really had a big reference to the terminator lord to begin with, all that was said was that it looked like the BSF chaos lord.. wich is also not a terminator. ( even if, from this silhouette, it doesnt look like that one.. but those kind of lord/captain hq models more often than not luckily get a lot of options nowadays.)

The "hand" is weird to the point Im wondering if its not even the hand, but a part of the tattered cloak, with the chaos lord having a ranged weapon pointed at or away from us. Though however I look at it, that doesnt quite work either.

Alleged reveals list that was posted on TGA yesterday.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar

• Abraxia, Lady of Ruin
  • Ascended Khul
  • Cinematic Trailer for 4th Edition

Warhammer Underworlds

• Nurgle Daemons vs Nighthaunt Alchemists

Warcry

• Kurnothi Wardancers vs Bonereaper Monsters
  •  

The Old World

• Dwarf Thane with Shieldbearer

Warhammer 40,000

• Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour & Chaos Lord with Jump Pack, plus box

Kill Team

• Votann Pioneers vs Brood Brothers (Cadians with Upgrade Sprue)

Necromunda

• Teaser Trailer for Necromunda Secundus (Hive Secundus)

The Horus Heresy

• Mechanicus Knights

Whitefang, a rumour monger on TGA with like, 100% hit rate, reacted to that list with a confused reaction FWIW, indicating it isn’t true (although it obviously isn’t clear what isn’t true, as some of it has basically been confirmed elsewhere and some is common sense). 

34 minutes ago, Joe said:

Alleged reveals list that was posted on TGA yesterday.

*snip*

Warhammer 40,000

• Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour & Chaos Lord with Jump Pack, plus box

*snip*

Doesn't make mention of the three power armor chaos dudes that we can tell are coming. Unless that's the same Chaos lord in three different loadouts?

Still doesn't have a jumppack though

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

What also makes me doubtful of that list is that we know 30k is a 'teaser' and Mechanicus Knights aren't really a big secret, especially since they already exist in resin form. It would be a strange thing to do as a teaser imo. They might as well just show them at that point.

The list reads like somebody read a bunch of wishlisting/existing rumours and complied them.

6 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Kind of has this vibe which is very rad:

image.png.dc53b37bbe28f67193d6d3feee4e2bb9.png

This, the codex, Darkoath release, AoS 4th edition and the Mandrake vs NL box has my wallet absolutely wailing :laugh:

Oh how I hope you are right!

I still remember when this miniature was release, I bought it istantly and in the White Dwarf they did an amazing studio painting challenge.

I love this miniature. So cool. 

30 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

What also makes me doubtful of that list is that we know 30k is a 'teaser' and Mechanicus Knights aren't really a big secret, especially since they already exist in resin form. It would be a strange thing to do as a teaser imo. They might as well just show them at that point.

The list reads like somebody read a bunch of wishlisting/existing rumours and complied them.

Another poster on TGA has since stated this was his wishlist/guess list that he had originally posted on Dakka. The internet cycle continues, as always. 

2 hours ago, killersquid said:

I hope this list isn't real. Mostly as I saw this by acident, and I want to be surprised by what's coming lol

Same boat. I like what I see in that list, but I like the surprise of reveals..

3 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

With respect if you're wanting to be surprised why would you venture into a thread about the adepticon reveals?...

To be fair, those topics are not necessarily about rumors, but rather speculation and getting hyped up... someone who wants to be suprised also likes to "get hyped" usually.

It might actually be better to have leaks and rumors ( wich all of these are.. someone said it before, but things get called a leak way too quick.) in those hidden spoiler tags

12 hours ago, firestorm40k said:

FB_IMG_1710760511789.thumb.jpg.25a7ddafc86b9951ae16c471d299d80c.jpg

Right, so.
This looks like neither the Termie Lord (Termi Power Packs don't look like that) or the Jump Lord (Chaos Jump-packs don't look like that).
To me at least, this is an entirely different chaos guy.

Of course, knowing GW this could end up being a random AoS "Warrior of Chaos" with the most ornate-looking trophy rack seen on a model to date.

On the topic of the Termi-Lord tho.

really hope it's still a dual-build kit.
I know that's less and less likely with GW's kit design nowadays, but the entirety of 40k's Chaos factions are sharing this one Termi-Sorc between them and there's not a good replacement (or decent bitz for one tbh) if it gets removed along with the old Termi-Lord kit.

Things Chaos Marines need:

• Chaos Lord (Walking, Jump Pack and Terminator)
  • Sorcerer in Terminator Armour
  • New bikers
  • new raptors
  • new warp talons
  • new Defiler (possibly dual kit for artillery engine?)
  • Named character for Alpha Legion, Night Lords, Word Bearers and Iron Warriors and a new Huron sculpt

What I expect:

• new Chaos Lord model with more options than we have now, but still very few

6 minutes ago, Cpt_Reaper said:

Things Chaos Marines need:

• Chaos Lord (Walking, Jump Pack and Terminator)
  • Sorcerer in Terminator Armour
  • New bikers
  • new raptors
  • new warp talons
  • new Defiler (possibly dual kit for artillery engine?)
  • Named character for Alpha Legion, Night Lords, Word Bearers and Iron Warriors and a new Huron sculpt

What I expect:

• new Chaos Lord model with more options than we have now, but still very few

Adding to this list, other things CSM needs updating ASAP:

• New Lucias the Eternal & Noise Marines (Only if Emperor's Children aren't split off into their own codex)
  • New Fallen (Kit is old as hell too)
  • New Exalted Champion (Kit literally not available anymore)

3 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Right, so.
This looks like neither the Termie Lord (Termi Power Packs don't look like that) or the Jump Lord (Chaos Jump-packs don't look like that).
To me at least, this is an entirely different chaos guy.

Of course, knowing GW this could end up being a random AoS "Warrior of Chaos" with the most ornate-looking trophy rack seen on a model to date.

On the topic of the Termi-Lord tho.

really hope it's still a dual-build kit.
I know that's less and less likely with GW's kit design nowadays, but the entirety of 40k's Chaos factions are sharing this one Termi-Sorc between them and there's not a good replacement (or decent bitz for one tbh) if it gets removed along with the old Termi-Lord kit.

As far as I understood from the videos, the only "factual" rumor was that the chaos lord was remniscent of the BSF chaos lord.  The whole terminator side was Valrak speculating in part due the Deathwing box art terminator lord having a hammer similar to the BSF chaos lord, and that new chaos lord coming in a box that has terminators ( but also legionaires) However the rumor never stated what part was remniscent of the BSF one.. I also think the rumor predated the reveal of the deathwing box art, so, it is possible the original rumor just implied posture/armor etc.

With that I mean to say is... this one likely IS the rumored chaos lord, and there isnt also a new terminator lord yet.

As I once speculated in the prediction topic, I think its likely new terminator lord and sorcerer might be in the planning or in development*... but for some reason I am expecting the generic one to be dropped from the deathguard and thousand sons codexes first. ( spiritually replaced in both cases with more specific kits.) and its absence from World eaters being a precursor to that.

I hope there is a little more for 40k than just the chaos stuff, last adepticon had a stronger focus on AoS with 6 kits spread over 4 factions (excluding the 2 underworlds warbands) .. while 40k had only the lion and a tease of 10th. ( excluding the 2 killteams.) and its becoming a bit of a pattern.

* I think all leftover pre 5th edition plastic infantry might be updated sooner rather than later, its not a lot either; Tau stealthsuits, Dire avengers, Ork burna/loota boyz, Chaos Terminator lord/sorcerer, vanilla Assault Terminators, Catachans, Chaos Spawn, Bloodletters and Daemonettes. Also the fallen.. but they dont have rules anymore.