Adepticon 2024 Schedule

Just now, Wormwoods said:

Official Brood Brothers models are nice to have, hope this doesn't replace taking guard in the army. 

They're just the guard models with an upgrade sprue. Same as before with the older guard models and Brood Brothers sprue.

On 3/19/2024 at 11:27 AM, Cpt_Reaper said:

Things Chaos Marines need:

• Chaos Lord (Walking, Jump Pack and Terminator)
  • Sorcerer in Terminator Armour
  • New bikers
  • new raptors
  • new warp talons
  • new Defiler (possibly dual kit for artillery engine?)
  • Named character for Alpha Legion, Night Lords, Word Bearers and Iron Warriors and a new Huron sculpt

What I expect:

• new Chaos Lord model with more options than we have now, but still very few

I do hope someone picks up that phone...

BECAUSE I CALLED IT

I didn't really care for the pre-recorded show compared to the live ones. And hey, Mechanicum teaser I wasn't really expecting this early, but it makes me happy.

5 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Chat just got baited hard by that Necromunda teaser

If nothing else, I'm always impressed by the depravity of Twitch chat. Remember how they posted the picture saying HH and Necromunda were going to be teasers, like a week in advance? The dregs of society!

Wow they really listened when people thought there was too much talking.. and fixed that by talking more.

GSC vs Votann look good, two expected rumor engines solved and one unexpected one.. ( the crossbow ) The Yaegir kind of remind me of antartic fishermen... wich actually is an interesting look for them.

And also, Hivefall indeed is not the name of this kill team box as I theorised. Interesting :)

CSM lords are a bit underwhelming, but not bad.

Necromunda.. is it just me or does that seem to hint at a Necromunda quest game ?

yeeesh... What a stinker this year. If you liked what you saw kudos, I'm happy for you. But the endless drivel to have a jpeg of mars turn into a skull as the only thing for there heresy was something else. 

4 minutes ago, Wispy said:

10th Edition.

I assure you as someone into Age of Sigmar, this year's Adepticon is completely comparable. 

pastpreviewevents.thumb.jpg.fbf8626f233eada4076f5c95d2c0f85c.jpg

AoS is in 40k's shoes now, and 40k in AoS's shoes.. but both came off worse.

Last year AoS had 3 battletomes with 5 new kits + the first minis of CoS --- This year 40k had 2 chaos lords and 1 codex

Last year 40k had 1 big chaos character :p, the trailer and the first 2 units shown as well as datasheet cards --- this year AoS has 1 big chaos character and the trailer.

AoS has the bonus of 2 warcry kits over last year.

10 minutes ago, Wispy said:

I assure you as someone into Age of Sigmar, this year's Adepticon is completely comparable. 

10th came out with the entire army box of models on show. Unless the WarCom article for new Sigmar is going to include them, I feel like this was less of a reveal.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm wrong, we didn't see the full box for another month, but did get to see some of the new models from it.

Edited by Wormwoods

The only thing I can think of when seeing the Votann killteam. Has a Custodes Eliminator sneaked into the Votann team?  ;)

Joking aside, I did not expect much from the reveal, I was hoping for something interesting for Chaos, but at at least now I can know I don't need to spend much money for my Iron Warriors. The book, and maybe a Lord, which I can use as an Exalted Champion, if they are worth having after the codex release..

Cpt.Danjou

4 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Wow they really listened when people thought there was too much talking.. and fixed that by talking more.

GSC vs Votann look good, two expected rumor engines solved and one unexpected one.. ( the crossbow ) The Yaegir kind of remind me of antartic fishermen... wich actually is an interesting look for them.

And also, Hivefall indeed is not the name of this kill team box as I theorised. Interesting :)

CSM lords are a bit underwhelming, but not bad.

Necromunda.. is it just me or does that seem to hint at a Necromunda quest game ?

GSC vs LoV:

It'd be good to look through that and see how much got solved by it in total. Designs for the Yaegir look neat and the Brood Brothers upgrade sprue looks about the same kind of "full conversion kit" that the Nightlords seemed to have in their box.

CSM:

The lack of a live show (as this was pre-recorded) meant we couldn't ask the most important question about CSM. The Termi-Lord/Sorc stays safe for now, at least. As for the new kits, I prefer the Raptor Lord, but both look like great updates. In codex news tho, there's 8 detachments. One is from the index and another is apparently "cultist/ traitor guard heavy". On the one hand, looks like CSM will get their flexibility back. On the other, massive kick in the teeth to T'au players and their total of 3 choices (since one in the book is just "Play Kroot only lol").

Necromunda & HH:

Necro is meant to be going to a different Hive now, right? I doubt a quest game set in Necromunda would sell well enough to produce tbh. HH's teaser just being "Mechanicus" is annoying because there's still like 4 different things it could be within that narrow margin.

As for "other stuff":

They talked about AoS for roughly 25mins total, maybe more. 15 mins of that was the same lore for a character repeated 3 times and a spoiler filled recap of the Dawnbringers crusade (remember book 5 still hasn't shipped yet). The warbands look cool tho I can see Necron players yoinking the bone dogs for various reasons.

Also a large amount of time spent talking about Old Dwarf models they cut from CoS just for TOW. Real good marketing right on the cusp of the new editon GW.

All in all, I feel I wasted my time staying up for this stream and that is could've just been posted direct to WarCom as an article and gotten the exact same response (maybe less of chat being whiney spammers tho).

Also now that the AoS villain role is back in Chaos' grubby mits again, I can't wait to see the 4th ed Disciples of Tzeentch Battletome previews so I can see exactly how many new types of Tzaangor GW will inevitably force on us TSons players.

Little bit lackluster but it was always going to be an AoS showing and they lost a bit of their thunder with the Darkoath leak.

Most interesting thing for me is the Mechanicum tease but there's not much to talk about there yet.

1 hour ago, Wormwoods said:

10th came out with the entire army box of models on show. Unless the WarCom article for new Sigmar is going to include them, I feel like this was less of a reveal.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm wrong, we didn't see the full box for another month, but did get to see some of the new models from it.

2... Hardly worth writing home about.

The AoS video showed enough of what will be coming for minis even if none were explicitly shown.

I actually thought a chunk of the chat was informative instead of what we've had before. The "live" shows we used to have pretty much felt the same, very little came of the fact it was live.

As things stand though I genuinely worry as to how they rescue 40k. It feels super bland and until we see 11th, I don't know what they do in the meantime.

Edited by 01RTB01
Missedthe last word and inadvertently hit send.

Pretty much as expected then? 

I really liked the pre recorded style, especially nice not to drag the staff out in the middle of the night :D Though admittedly my brain seemingly deleted the AoS Chaos segment everyone seems to have hated. Worst thing i got was one of the Kill team devs slouching so much (Why yes i am middle aged, how did you guess?)  but definitely more shots of minis next time? 

The New AoS cinematic stole the show (And totally showed us the new minis) but i really like the Kill team box. Even for teases the 30k/necro sections were a waste of space, looks like they are over promising on the 30k front too as if i hadnt heard the (accurate seeming) rumours id be fairly convinced they are doing at least a SA sized Mechanicum release next.

So overall a good set of minis, nothing outright objectionable :D 

Well that sucked. I was expecting the Atropos and Mech Quaestoris to at least get a profile shot in the shadows like the command squad teaser. Just throwing up the Mechanicum symbol is going to piss people off who aren’t online enough to know what’s coming when it’s just some two knights for a resin army. 

HH basically what we got for LI - a very easily decoded teaser that showed no minis - but without any concrete rumours to go with it.

Can't decide whether I like this, because it is a proper teaser, or hate it because I know it is likely to be disappointing?