Adepticon 2024 Schedule

Since the aesthetics of modern 40K marine products splited, heretics went mutated way and primaris went tacticool way, "chaos or not chaos?" can be clearly determined by appearance on a model. I guess GW has no idea about (or haven't decided) what a "fallen" or "Alpha legion" would look like.

Edited by Tokugawa

1 hour ago, Tokugawa said:

Since the aesthetics of modern 40K marine products splited, heretics went mutated way and primaris went tacticool way, "chaos or not chaos?" can be clearly determined by appearance on a model. I guess GW has no idea about (or haven't decided) what a "fallen" or "Alpha legion" would look like.

Alpha Legion are stuck buying at the same bulk Heretek Forgeworld supplier that every other Chaos Spacemarine Warband has to shop at. Requests for less spikey bitz and daemon faces on the armour so they can infiltrate loyalists better were laughed at and resulted in a price increase of 300%. 

2 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

I mean to be fair with those two examples, what they look like is gonna depend entirely on your personal fluff for what your Alpha Legion/Fallen have been up to. If your cell/warband/gaggle of marines has been hanging out in the Eye of Terror, then chances are they'll look like the CSM range due to the mutations of the warp. If they haven't then there's no reason they wouldn't be using Heresy-era gear or scavenged Loyalist equipment. I don't like defending GW but there's no one-answer-fits-all here that they can make a kit out of without someone going "noooooo that's not what they look like!".

On topic, I had been considering converting my own Chaos Lord but now I'm glad I didn't. I'll be happy to have an option that's not Mr monopose tubes galore! Tentatively excited for CSM reveals.

Edited by KaosRaptor

4 hours ago, TheMawr said:

As far as I understood from the videos, the only "factual" rumor was that the chaos lord was remniscent of the BSF chaos lord.  The whole terminator side was Valrak speculating in part due the Deathwing box art terminator lord having a hammer similar to the BSF chaos lord, and that new chaos lord coming in a box that has terminators ( but also legionaires) However the rumor never stated what part was remniscent of the BSF one.. I also think the rumor predated the reveal of the deathwing box art, so, it is possible the original rumor just implied posture/armor etc.

With that I mean to say is... this one likely IS the rumored chaos lord, and there isnt also a new terminator lord yet.

As I once speculated in the prediction topic, I think its likely new terminator lord and sorcerer might be in the planning or in development*... but for some reason I am expecting the generic one to be dropped from the deathguard and thousand sons codexes first. ( spiritually replaced in both cases with more specific kits.) and its absence from World eaters being a precursor to that.

I hope there is a little more for 40k than just the chaos stuff, last adepticon had a stronger focus on AoS with 6 kits spread over 4 factions (excluding the 2 underworlds warbands) .. while 40k had only the lion and a tease of 10th. ( excluding the 2 killteams.) and its becoming a bit of a pattern.

* I think all leftover pre 5th edition plastic infantry might be updated sooner rather than later, its not a lot either; Tau stealthsuits, Dire avengers, Ork burna/loota boyz, Chaos Terminator lord/sorcerer, vanilla Assault Terminators, Catachans, Chaos Spawn, Bloodletters and Daemonettes. Also the fallen.. but they dont have rules anymore.

I think model reveal wise, it will probably just be chaos? Unless GW move their Agents of the Imperium reveal up to Adepticon to cover the printer leak (could very well happen). Otherwise we're still a bit aways from the armies coming out after chaos. Adepticon seems to be AoSs chance to shine every year.

On 3/12/2024 at 3:45 AM, Toxichobbit said:

It actually looks like an unusual fleshless Drukhari Kymerae (as opposed to the regular ones, which are just skinless), but the amour plate, souls and the construction of the bones gives it away as Ossiarch Bonepeepers.

No it's obviously space Wolves.

1 hour ago, KaosRaptor said:

I mean to be fair with those two examples, what they look like is gonna depend entirely on your personal fluff for what your Alpha Legion/Fallen have been up to. If your cell/warband/gaggle of marines has been hanging out in the Eye of Terror, then chances are they'll look like the CSM range due to the mutations of the warp. If they haven't then there's no reason they wouldn't be using Heresy-era gear or scavenged Loyalist equipment. I don't like defending GW but there's no one-answer-fits-all here that they can make a kit out of without someone going "noooooo that's not what they look like!".

On topic, I had been considering converting my own Chaos Lord but now I'm glad I didn't. I'll be happy to have an option that's not Mr monopose tubes galore! Tentatively excited for CSM reveals.

There is some ways to release rare combination of armor/wargears while keep flavorful, which is common in AoS but not so in 40K. Just like a warcry/underground team, one "fallen warband" box could be released with very fixed composition, must be fielded as a whole unit, and its member each has different armor(could be from MK2 to MKX, representing the time they joined chaos) and weapons. This could even introduce one primaris chaos model, without messing up the rules.

With the previous reveal of the Nemesis Claw kill team it's arguably only a matter of time until at least the main legions get that same treatment in some form or another. With some luck GW will perhaps even extendthat to warbands like Red Corsairs or maybe even the Fallen. Though the latter one admittedly depends on what their plans are with Luther.

Gotta play the waiting game.

11 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

With the previous reveal of the Nemesis Claw kill team it's arguably only a matter of time until at least the main legions get that same treatment in some form or another. With some luck GW will perhaps even extendthat to warbands like Red Corsairs or maybe even the Fallen. Though the latter one admittedly depends on what their plans are with Luther.

Red Corsairs armyset with updated Huron, Bikers, Huntmaster/Biker Lord and Red Corsair upgrade sprue when?

15 minutes ago, Joe said:

image0.jpg?ex=660be5be&is=65f970be&hm=eb

Rather amusing to see something that cropped up on the list from a few pages back, although it was a safe assumption anyhow.

Yeah definitely looks to be a shield bearer Dward Lord, you've even got a similar crest in the bottom right and the lord holding this axe:

2024-03-05.jpg

Probably safe to say it's not 40k I think

9 minutes ago, Doobles57 said:

An axe Custodes Shield Captain? Nice!

Definitely can't be a Custodes character; he's not top heavy enough. Where's his ear muscles?

5 hours ago, Nephaston said:

While true, that waiting game can be a loooong wait.

And sometimes, I assume, things time out. Like back in ~third, Night Lords and Iron Warriors both got a HQ and an upgrade pack, but none of the other undivided legions did. (IIRC)

Hope anyone at Adepticon tonight enjoys the first look! I'm excited to see what's revealed after their talk at the venue is done.

It would be super cool if they'd show the new models in a still shot like they typically do. Replaying the promo video that's quick cuts doesn't help me get excited for a new model if I can't see it. Instead they show all the old models

That being said I love the Veterans of the Long War box. Definitely getting that, the new characters are cool, prefer the non raptor one personally but both are good

1 minute ago, darkhorse0607 said:

It would be super cool if they'd show the new models in a still shot like they typically do. Replaying the promo video that's quick cuts doesn't help me get excited for a new model if I can't see it. Instead they show all the old models

That being said I love the Veterans of the Long War box. Definitely getting that, the new characters are cool, prefer the non raptor one personally but both are good

I really hope this isn't the format going forward and rather being used 'cause AoS 4th is on the schedule and they can't mess that up by overrunning on the Underworlds box again.