New Chaos Lord & Chaos Lord with Jump Pack (also battleforce sets)

12 minutes ago, Alby the Slayer said:

Do you chaps know where I can find the full new art inspired by the chaos lord on foot?

You can see it in the warhammer community post on their site but it's tiny thumbnail pic and I can't seem to find it elsewhere in articles or videos.

This one?

8tktb4MUzapNaJDf-500x283.jpg.83c1b819bbd28955ba9aac5f2d458f17.jpg

Seems to be completely new, so my guess is we might see it in the codex down the line.

10 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

A sword option on the lord would have been a great inclusion. 

There is a chance some of the options were not yet shown. The new Terminator captain for instance had some of the combi-guns not shown until release. (Ignoring that rules wise they don't actually differ.)

Edited by Nephaston
parentheses

am i only one wondering where greater possessed have gone? is it too hard to make up tiny snip at sprue and sell them? Or put them in same box with master of possessions?

Just now, Jukkiz said:

am i only one wondering where greater possessed have gone? is it too hard to make up tiny snip at sprue and sell them? Or put them in same box with master of possessions?

they were just a random extra they produced as a stopgap until they got the new possessed out, there's nothing overly "greater" about them now and they fit in well with the new possessed in terms of size etc.

5 minutes ago, Jukkiz said:

I've been using them as acursed cultists for 2 years, lmao

The lord on foot is great. No complaints there. The jump lord...hmm. From the waist up he works but the legs are simultaneously too ACTION-y yet also kinda dull looking? The Raptor kit managed to get decent looking leg poses for flying guys, which makes this even more baffling.

The chaos lord is quite nice and correct, but the chaos lord with jump pack is so...boring and "bland". Nearly insipid to me. Looks like a poorly converted Chaos Raptor. Don't make me wrong, I'm happy with this returning option to the codex, but this kind of miniature deserves a but more,  humm, work . I like the lighting claws I must say.

Two more points to add. One is the curious selection of weapons in both cases. No swords or demonic weapons? The other us the disgusting habit of GW to sell first the new miniatures as part of two separate boxes full of old miniatures, trying to take advantage and make lot of cash with the anxiety of the CSM players and collectors 

On 3/21/2024 at 3:06 PM, Evil Eye said:

The lord on foot is great. No complaints there. The jump lord...hmm. From the waist up he works but the legs are simultaneously too ACTION-y yet also kinda dull looking? The Raptor kit managed to get decent looking leg poses for flying guys, which makes this even more baffling.

Honestly, there's a few poses in the raptor kit that are almost the exact same leg position as the Lord. I actually thought the lightning clawed Lord was a tease of a new warp talon before looking a bit closer, so I'm not quite sure I agree.. if you like the raptor kit, I don't know how you don't like the Lord. 

That being said, I really don't think the jumping pose is necessary. None of the 30k/HH models were posed that way and it isn't like we didn't know they were jump pack units. They were all mostly posed in active fighting positions and IMO looked great and dynamic. I wish GW would do the same, but oh well.. they are still cool enough for me to want to add them to my collection. 

Edited by Bloody Legionnaire

Absolutely love the new Chaos Lord, very happy with chainaxe option, but that Jump Pack Lords pose also isn't doing it for me. Pretty solid design, I think a bit of tweaking the legs and direction they're moving in could make the whole thing work. Bit disappointed there wasn't a new Terminator Lord, but that's probably my Terminator bias showing.

I like the battleforces however I wont be getting them

......To be fair - I still have the one that came with a defiler from the early 2000s nearly all on the sprue. I would be depriving others just to add to my pile of shame with these.

Edit: curiosity got the better of me/distracted me from working - the box I have is from 2007 / 4th edition

I do like the lord models though and they may make a nice one off painting project at some point

Edited by lhg033

I've been really on the fence with this release. I have years and years of Chaos stuff, and I'm just starting to get really bored of older, bad models. For example I'm really tired of the Defiler.. AKA washing machine on crab legs. 

Where I'm going with this is these past few years have largely felt (to me) like a crash grab on maximizing profit on one sprue (or two). They get a lot out of single character model and even these expensive 3 model units.  Look at those old Raptors. I actually like the sculpt but it's old. 

To be fair Chaos has been -much- better the past 5 years or so (really for me it jumped considerably during the Nephilim campaign in that Imperium (phobos)/ Chaos (Oblits etc) box set.  I really would love to see that level of commitment to keeping the player base happy.

The Necrons got a similar treatment. I bought all the new models (both of them) but stuff like classic destroyers, etc which desperately need something new are just not getting it. 

The Chaos Jump Lord looks 'okay' to me, but I think a lot of people are going to save money on the old Raptors/Talons, and the nerfed out of existence Accursed Cultists, and perhaps just slap a pack on a lord model or even just use Harkaan (which I still really like as a model).

And after I type all this I realize being a foolish Chaos player for all these years I'm just buying this box anyway. Well played James Workshop.

18 minutes ago, Prot said:

And after I type all this I realize being a foolish Chaos player for all these years I'm just buying this box anyway. Well played James Workshop.

And this is what gets us all at some point. I do not judge, I've been in this boat for decades until 9th really. :D

2 hours ago, Prot said:

I've been really on the fence with this release. I have years and years of Chaos stuff, and I'm just starting to get really bored of older, bad models. For example I'm really tired of the Defiler.. AKA washing machine on crab legs. 

Where I'm going with this is these past few years have largely felt (to me) like a crash grab on maximizing profit on one sprue (or two). They get a lot out of single character model and even these expensive 3 model units.  Look at those old Raptors. I actually like the sculpt but it's old. 

To be fair Chaos has been -much- better the past 5 years or so (really for me it jumped considerably during the Nephilim campaign in that Imperium (phobos)/ Chaos (Oblits etc) box set.  I really would love to see that level of commitment to keeping the player base happy.

The Necrons got a similar treatment. I bought all the new models (both of them) but stuff like classic destroyers, etc which desperately need something new are just not getting it. 

The Chaos Jump Lord looks 'okay' to me, but I think a lot of people are going to save money on the old Raptors/Talons, and the nerfed out of existence Accursed Cultists, and perhaps just slap a pack on a lord model or even just use Harkaan (which I still really like as a model).

I plan on using parts of my Defiler as battlefield wreckage. It is just too cartoonishly big to be associated with it´s Dreadnought counterpart.

9 hours ago, Prot said:

For example I'm really tired of the Defiler.. AKA washing machine on crab legs. 

The Defiler used to be one of my aspirational, "oh, I love that so I'll definitely paint it someday" models. However, even I must admit that it hasn't aged all that well. Never did get around to painting it :laugh:

Would have liked a fancy daemon weapon and maybe a couple more cosmetic options for the Chaos Lord in PA, but it's overall a great (and long overdue) model. Pleased we've finally got a multipart plastic lord in power armour after all these years. The Lord with jump pack just doesn't work for me, I think the pose looks silly and I'm generally not a fan of jump marines floating around like that anyway.

15 hours ago, Dudley Nightshade said:

The Defiler used to be one of my aspirational, "oh, I love that so I'll definitely paint it someday" models. However, even I must admit that it hasn't aged all that well. Never did get around to painting it :laugh:

The defiler made the dreadnought obsolete in 3rd 40K. You got a walker with melee capability like the dreadnought AND gained a battlecannon on top of that. A frigging battlecannon! This 5´´ pie-plate can delete small squads of power armour guys with a single shot. This became even more powerful when you could group together enemies in 4th 40K with the psychic power Lash of Submission. Then your defiler and kyborgs (with morphed plasma cannons) could delete even much larger squads.

I dunno what it is, but these don't look great to me, expecially the jetpack. If you told me he was a new regular raptor squad leader or something, I'd have accepted it more. But a full on lord? Ehhh. 

On another note, I miss lords on palanquins, for the extra variety. Please bring those back. Maybe not how they once were, but more, lord discordanty. 

Edited by Captain Coolpants

On 3/21/2024 at 6:02 AM, KaosRaptor said:

Very happy with the on-foot Lord, he's more or less exactly what I wanted (though I could do without the tactical rock). Cloak? Check. Badass helmet? Check. Selection of weapons? Check. Definitely picking one up!

The jump-pack lord suffers from GW's insistence on every unit with a jump-pack being in the air somehow regardless of how silly it is, and the pose just seems awkward. Almost like he's floating or dangling rather than coming crashing down or rocketing up.

+Edit+ Also here's a pic of the JP Lord with a power fist/bolt pistol, looks pretty similar to the claws. Maybe just replaces the fingers?

r/Warhammer40k - 2 new Chaos Lords!

Jump Pack Lord looks motionless. Like a fly caught in amber.