Legiones Astartes Command Squad Upgrades

Get your upgrades here!

The Legion Command Upgrade Set is a new plastic frame with 27 upgrades, perfect for fitting out your Command Squads with all the extra pomp and pizazz they so clearly deserve. On top of all the plastic bits, you’ll also get a new Legion Command transfer sheet in the box, which includes 463 decals.

[...]

This upgrade set is compatible with both Legion MKIII and MKVI Tactical Squads. For those who urgently need a gang of appropriately armoured heavies to stand by their characters and look menacing, you’ll also be able to pick up Legion Command Squads ready to go, in different boxes for either armour mark.

w0MfVFLPPlsRPenj.jpg

Ulc5S901U58hUNtH.jpg

gHufbxGLnH7qaNQe.jpg

LSlWWBICy7vZ3jDK.jpg

Edited by Lord Marshal

Some nicely detailed upgrades here, I'm sure plenty of frater will get a lot of mileage out of these! Particularly a fan of the "traitor" banner and the helmets.

@Etruscan I'm guessing it's part of the need for this to be legion and armor agnostic since it's compatible with multiple kits. Nice from a flexibility standpoint but inherently less detailed because of it. These are more canvas-type pieces for sure.

Edited by Mr. Oddity
Ninja'd

The contents of this isn't what I was hoping for really. Would have been nice to have some combi weapons or similar. I don't think filling it with combat shields which aren't a popular equipment option (and many of us will have spares from the assault squad) is what most folk would want.

Fair enough we've got a melee weapons kit coming but outside of the MK4 kit which has 2 or the old resin one neither of which have all the options, we don't have any decent options for combi weapons......this would have been the perfect kit to chuck a few in instead of shields similar to the assault ones and a bunch of swords.

Edited by Waaagh?

7 minutes ago, Etruscan said:

Hmmm am I wrong to find this rather underwhelming? As someone who loves converting I'm looking through the contents of the sprue thinking that there is little if anything that I want or need. Aesthetically it's not really screaming 30k at me.

Yea, I kinda feel the same way. Its just ok. The most exciting thing is the Transfer Sheet, which of course. they didn't show.

Edited by The4thHorseman

I am a big fan of the modularity of the HH kits and this continues that trend. However as others have pointed out, it's a bit underwhelming in terms of actual content and, much like the BT upgrade sprue, so much of it is given over to a specific weapon type that isn't what everyone wants (scout shotguns on BT and combat shields here).

Really, they could only fit one bolt pistol on there?.... sigh.

Ok, more positive, I like the helmets, I an find a use for the banner poles and the swords are fine.

More negative, only swords? can't get a maul or an axe, but can have 5 boring shields that aren't immediatly fancier than the ones filling up the assault squad sprue? more uninspired 'bald potato' heads, only 4 Pauldrons? Really? I can't even give them to all 5 guys assuming I can figure out one on the other side that doesn't look dumb.

I might get one sprue because of the helmets and mixing up melee arms on my sgts, but overall It feels a minimum possible 'get something out' effort.

Really love the helmets, I'll definitely want to stick these on a couple of squads. The shields and banners are also big winner for me and I'll be using both options. Some more weapon options and more shoulder pads would have been nice though, throw in some axes as alternatives to swords.