Dark Shepherd Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 Fun irony of the limited edition codex not selling out is someone is going to have to melt down all those metal Salamanders icons 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6188895 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lathe Biosas Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 2 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said: Fun irony of the limited edition codex not selling out is someone is going to have to melt down all those metal Salamanders icons Or find all the hidden Raven Guard icons. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6188898 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Marshal Mittens Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 (edited) 9 hours ago, Dark Shepherd said: Fun irony of the limited edition codex not selling out is someone is going to have to melt down all those metal Salamanders icons Its a beautiful book that will be completely invalid in 3 years and is insanely priced. Its like over $400. Edited September 24 by Marshal Mittens 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6189014 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jukkiz Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 4 minutes ago, Marshal Mittens said: Its a beautiful book that will be completely invalid in 3 years and is insanely priced. Knowing current GW it´s already invalid before anyone gets it to their hands. Erratas out the wazoo lately due to rushed productions 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6189015 Share on other sites More sharing options...
01RTB01 Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 Between Armageddon, Leviathan and poor impulse control (can it be poor if I don't have any?) I've got a fledgling blood angels force. Do I need the marine codex or will the blood angels supplement suffice? I'm fine either way I'm just not 100% so thanks in advance for clarity :) Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6189044 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mogger351 Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 35 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said: Between Armageddon, Leviathan and poor impulse control (can it be poor if I don't have any?) I've got a fledgling blood angels force. Do I need the marine codex or will the blood angels supplement suffice? I'm fine either way I'm just not 100% so thanks in advance for clarity :) As of next Saturday you'll need just the marine codex, with BA specific stuff free to access in an index. There will be a BA book coming at some point, no idea if it's a stand alone based on wording used, or a supplement. 1 3 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6189049 Share on other sites More sharing options...
01RTB01 Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 8 hours ago, Mogger351 said: As of next Saturday you'll need just the marine codex, with BA specific stuff free to access in an index. There will be a BA book coming at some point, no idea if it's a stand alone based on wording used, or a supplement. Much appreciated, thank you. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6189098 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dark Shepherd Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 22 hours ago, Marshal Mittens said: Its a beautiful book that will be completely invalid in 3 years and is insanely priced. Its like over $400. You could almost buy 2 shares in Games Workshop for the price of this book 2 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6189133 Share on other sites More sharing options...
phandaal Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 2 hours ago, Dark Shepherd said: You could almost buy 2 shares in Games Workshop for the price of this book And unlike this book, the value of GW's shares only goes up! 9 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6189142 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Xenith Posted September 26 Share Posted September 26 9 hours ago, phandaal said: And unlike this book, the value of GW's shares only goes up! For the last decade at least! Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6189171 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rhavien Posted Wednesday at 07:05 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 07:05 PM I got the codex in my hands and had a first look. Overall really impressive I have to say. There is a lot of art and of course model pictures. All the background around organisation, creating a marine and so on. I've seen (not read yet) some short story snippets, too. There are painting and collecting guides and a double page with a war gear overview so newcomers know which weapon is which. There are a lot of shiny golden Aquila's and trims throughout the book which I find look really cool. Well that's a proper Codex Astartes time I would say. But as there is nearly no mentioning of the divergent chapters at all I guess they will get their own codizies and not supplements. If I remember correctly they were at least introduced within the main C:SM or was this a in earlier editions codex? At least there are not mentioned within the fight founding chapters. 1 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6189918 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Lutheriel Posted Sunday at 01:04 AM Share Posted Sunday at 01:04 AM Got my codex today. It looks great. But I just want to air one grievance into the void. I know lots of people in the community don’t like WYSIWYG. I don’t play competitively. And I don’t care if anyone else does it. BUT. For me, I like to model my guys with all the weapons they are equipped with. I just like that. So when I see that Reivers now have all 3 weapons. And then I look at my two squads of 5 with half holding knives and half holding carbines, I DIE A LITTLE BIT ON THE INSIDE. I’m sure nobody else cares. But I want it on the record. 1 5 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190384 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arkhanist Posted Sunday at 02:35 AM Share Posted Sunday at 02:35 AM 1 hour ago, Brother Lutheriel said: Got my codex today. It looks great. But I just want to air one grievance into the void. I know lots of people in the community don’t like WYSIWYG. I don’t play competitively. And I don’t care if anyone else does it. BUT. For me, I like to model my guys with all the weapons they are equipped with. I just like that. So when I see that Reivers now have all 3 weapons. And then I look at my two squads of 5 with half holding knives and half holding carbines, I DIE A LITTLE BIT ON THE INSIDE. I’m sure nobody else cares. But I want it on the record. Bolt carbines are the same size as firstborn bolters, so you could always add one maglocked to their thigh or power plant on your knife guys. e.g. there's still the older style with grips knocking around on ebay, or 3d print. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190386 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Lutheriel Posted Sunday at 03:12 AM Share Posted Sunday at 03:12 AM @Arkhanist Those would be perfect. I feel like I can’t ever find guns without the hands on them! Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190388 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Lutheriel Posted Sunday at 03:31 AM Share Posted Sunday at 03:31 AM @Arkhanist just got a pack of 5 on Ebay. Thanks for the pro tip. Now I don't have to be disgusted by my inaccurate models. 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190389 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Borbarad Posted Sunday at 09:41 AM Share Posted Sunday at 09:41 AM Is it just me, or is the support for Legends units in the official 40k app a bit patchy? It is covering a few Horus Heresy units - but not all. Notably absent are most 40k legends units like the Tactical Squad with the exception of the old Vanguard Vetereans On the positive side, the units covered got an updated profile on their weapons. 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190408 Share on other sites More sharing options...
irlLordy Posted Sunday at 10:28 AM Share Posted Sunday at 10:28 AM (edited) For now, the units listed as legendary proxies (including tactical squads, supressors etc) don't get actual Legends rules. GW did backtrack and say Legends rules would be coming at some stage for them though (I'm guessing they got a good bit of feedback about that): https://www.warhammer-community.com/en-gb/articles/bbnskauh/big-space-marines-news/ Edited 9 hours ago by irlLordy 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190409 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Crimson Longinus Posted Sunday at 11:01 AM Share Posted Sunday at 11:01 AM 9 hours ago, Brother Lutheriel said: Got my codex today. It looks great. But I just want to air one grievance into the void. I know lots of people in the community don’t like WYSIWYG. I don’t play competitively. And I don’t care if anyone else does it. BUT. For me, I like to model my guys with all the weapons they are equipped with. I just like that. So when I see that Reivers now have all 3 weapons. And then I look at my two squads of 5 with half holding knives and half holding carbines, I DIE A LITTLE BIT ON THE INSIDE. I’m sure nobody else cares. But I want it on the record. Bugs me too, and it is very weird, given that GW has otherwise been neurotic about making the gear choices match what can be built with the kit. They did same with the scouts. I have been contemplating how I'll convert my scouts and reivers to have all the right gear. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190410 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rhavien Posted Sunday at 03:02 PM Share Posted Sunday at 03:02 PM 3 hours ago, Crimson Longinus said: Bugs me too, and it is very weird, given that GW has otherwise been neurotic about making the gear choices match what can be built with the kit. They did same with the scouts. I have been contemplating how I'll convert my scouts and reivers to have all the right gear. I wouldn't rush out and get the clippers. In three years everything will get shuffled again. Maybe if you really mag-lock those bolters on their hips.. 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190424 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Orange Knight Posted Sunday at 03:43 PM Share Posted Sunday at 03:43 PM Where are the BA/DA/BT/SW indexes?? I mentioned that a close friend has recently started BA, and he would really like to look at the rules in the same format as they appear in the codex. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190428 Share on other sites More sharing options...
01RTB01 Posted Sunday at 03:54 PM Share Posted Sunday at 03:54 PM 10 minutes ago, Orange Knight said: Where are the BA/DA/BT/SW indexes?? I mentioned that a close friend has recently started BA, and he would really like to look at the rules in the same format as they appear in the codex. This week I think from what was said on the q+a. 1 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190430 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Orange Knight Posted Sunday at 03:56 PM Share Posted Sunday at 03:56 PM (edited) 21 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said: This week I think from what was said on the q+a. Great, thanks! I wasn't sure if I was missing something obvious or not... Edited Sunday at 04:16 PM by Orange Knight Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190431 Share on other sites More sharing options...
L30n1d4s Posted Sunday at 04:17 PM Share Posted Sunday at 04:17 PM The BA/DA/SW/BT/DW indexes are all on the WH40K app (for free). 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190438 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blindhamster Posted Sunday at 04:35 PM Share Posted Sunday at 04:35 PM My general opinion is we took a solid L with blood angels in this index. The rules are indeed updated in the app. dante losing the +1 to hit unit effect, not having his damage output tweaked and in return getting the ability to always be in two doctrines getting effects we had easy access too anyway sucks. Mephiston is slightly better but also had stuff that was just always on now require psychic checks and coats a bunch more. Sanguinor basically unchanged, them messing up death company gear and sanguinary guard losing strength and ap. anemic and completely uninspiring. Unsurprising tbh 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190441 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laurence Posted Sunday at 08:08 PM Share Posted Sunday at 08:08 PM 3 hours ago, L30n1d4s said: The BA/DA/SW/BT/DW indexes are all on the WH40K app (for free). But no PDF on the website. App only. Boo. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388419-codex-space-marines-multi-part-intercessor-vanguard-vet-teaser-legends-culling/page/54/#findComment-6190454 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now