Fluff Competition

goggen

actually no...it allways had to do something with SM or B&C (inquisitor, SoB, CSM, SM, GK) related. I'll pick the first 5 questions as example...but it goes on for 7 pages

1) about Iron hands

2) about Khârn

3) number of legions and chapters present at the EOT

4)Sanguinius

5)special company numbers

furthermore we had questions on tank companies (iron wing and stuff), forgeworlds, planet systems destroyed by the planet killer (csm) and all that..but nothing IG so far, because 90% of the people are directly excluded from the quiz since they have PA 3+ armies..i'm sorry.

To answer your question we need a Guard specific novel, directly excludes many people, including even the greatest fluff masters on this forum.

maybe a rule should be put here from now on...wether we allow questions which have nothing to do with B&C or not.

Oh dear...

Stef, I know about the first questions and many of the later ones as I answered (or tried to) some (almost all, even if I didn't try to post) of them. I answered # 3 and posted #4. Sure, the competition contains a lot of SM related stuff, but some questions are not (the electrograft, the stormblades, Lt.Kage - compliments of dearly departed Firestarter). Why not?

I'll give up the answer and let you (Stef) post the next one.

Julius Hylgars three titles are:

1.)Cardinal of Kolarne

2.)Imperial Commander

3.)Grand Marnier Militaris.

Lastly, I didn't get them from some obscure Guard novel, but from page four (4) of the new Imperial Guard codex, which I am positive some people here have.

Your turn Stef.

A mysterious and undetermined person who accompanied an Explorator team on Incunabla, where the bodies of Cursed Founding marines were found in fluid filled tubes in a hidden laboratory...

It's not really made clear what role he played - he certainly obtained supplies and equipment and determined the location of the expedition, but no rank or even the organisation to which he belonged was mentioned....oooooh, mysterious :ph34r: :ph34r:

What are the common and proper names for the following?

A spiritu dominatus,

Domine, libra nos,

From the lightning and the tempest,

Our Emperor, deliver us.

From plague, deceit, temptation and war, Our Emperor, deliver us,

From the scourge of the Kraken,

Our Emperor, deliver us.

From the blasphemy of the Fallen,

Our Emperor, deliver us,

From the begetting of daemons,

Our Emperor, deliver us,

From the curse of the mutant,

Our Emperor, deliver us,

A morte perpetua,

Domine, libra nos.

That thou wouldst bring them only death,

That thou shouldst spare none,

That thou shouldst pardon none,

We beseech thee, destroy them.

Fede Imperialis or for those who don't know pseudo-Latin :blink: the Battle-prayer of the Adepta Sororitas :ph34r:

And the question...what is the true name of the daemon known as Ghargatuloth? Or rather, give me as much of it's true name as is known, say, the first 3 sections...and I will be checking the spelling very closely :ph34r:

And the question...what is the true name of the daemon known as Ghargatuloth?

:ph34r: lol - don't think it would fit in the character limit of the post :ph34r:

++edit++

Not to mention it would drive you insane if you tried to say/type it....

Nope. Not even close. Not even one of the sections of it's name I'm after...

Anyone else want to take a shot? It's from a recent BL publication...

Right, well, since no-one else seems to know it, I'll answer and SCC can set another one.

The first three sections of the true name of Ghargatuloth are:

Tras'kleya'thallgryaa. Iakthe'landra'klaa. Saph'drekall'kry'aa.

As spoken by both Inquisitor Ligeia and Justicar Alaric in Ben Counter's Grey Knights novel (co-incidentally, one of the possible sources of an answer for my preceeding question).

Ok, SCC, back to you....

What does the Horiax Treatise of M25 discuss that was a significant step towards the creation of Space Marines?

Not really, no, many of these questions (including the one above) are from 3rd Ed sources.

And no cloning is not part of the Horiax Treatise :D

Archived