Fluff Competition

goggen

Though Russ' sword was named after Thor's hammer (by GW, not in the fluff).

It is very close although I can't remember the exact name.

Lord Calgar is not too far off with Mjalnar but that's not exactly it either.

Anyway, the point is that Russ didn't have a hammer (or at least, none that he would have named anyway).

Russ' hammer is mentioned in Space Wolf as being the "Lightning Bringer." The thunder hammers of the Space Wolf guardians when he is inducted or enters the Fang reminds him of the stories.

On a side note, Russ must have been a walking weapons locker... Spear, Sword, Hammer, two Wolves, an axe?, and probably a gun for every occasion.

Russ' hammer is mentioned in Space Wolf as being the "Lightning Bringer." The thunder hammers of the Space Wolf guardians when he is inducted or enters the Fang reminds him of the stories.

Really?!?!?! :lol: It would seem I stand corrected. I guess I'll have to read those Space Wolves novels again!

On a side note, Russ must have been a walking weapons locker... Spear, Sword, Hammer, two Wolves, an axe?, and probably a gun for every occasion.

Either that or he had an unheard of and very exhausted squire to carry all his weapons around. ;) I can see it!

*Russ is standing proud on the top of a hill as bullets, missiles and cannon shells are zipping around. A moving pile of weapons slowly catches up with him*

Russ: Hey!... oh, what's his name again... Squire! You! Bring me my axe!

Squire: Yes m'Lord. Here you are m'Lord.

*A small arm pops out of the weapon pile holding a ginormous axe*

Russ: Nooooo. Not that axe. The BIG one!

Squire: *sigh* Sorry m'Lord. Here you are m'Lord.

I was refering to the one in the SW novels. Dwarflord1 got it right.

I can't remember which page it was on although it is very early in the first book,(After the Hunting expedition thingy...)

I though we needed a SW question. :P

Post whenever you want Dwarflord1 :D

^sum-wan^

Okay, let's make this one an easy one... Oh, by the way, the last answer to the question that I had posted was also in Crusade for Armageddon. The Princeps of that titan was Eckhardt's patrol companion out of the titan base at Hellsbreach.

How did Brother-Codicier Furion die?

Hum.... in combat?

Other theories state that he was turned into a very surprised looking sperm-whale 30 000 feet into the air. Incidently, his familiar was turned into a bowl of petunias. Brother-Codicier had very little time to come to grips with his new state of being and died a painless, if very sudden, death as he hit the ground at speeds exceeding going very very fast.

The only thought that came from the petunias as they started their fall was "Oh no. Not again." Many people think that if we knew why the petunias had that thought, we would understand a lot more about the Warp and how it works.

Hum.... in combat?

Other theories state that he was turned into a very surprised looking sperm-whale 30 000 feet into the air. Incidently, his familiar was turned into a bowl of petunias. Brother-Codicier had very little time to come to grips with his new state of being and died a painless, if very sudden, death as he hit the ground at speeds exceeding going very very fast.

The only thought that came from the petunias as they started their fall was "Oh no. Not again." Many people think that if we knew why the petunias had that thought, we would understand a lot more about the Warp and how it works.

It's amazing how Douglas Adams quotes (although slightly modified) always turn up. Very funny. :D ;) :P

Archived