Task Force Armageddon

Koyote

These models are great. Have enjoyed reading all these posts. Have to say, least favourite mpodel was that lightning claw Chaplain, just didn't work for me. On the other hand keep up the good work and good luck in this years tournaments.

You paint your models 1 at a time instead of line painting them?

I normally paint my rank-and-file models two at a time. Because I paint so slowly (3+ hours a model) as well as being very result driven (completed work is what drives me to paint more models), painting 8 to 10 models at a time doesn't work for me.

argh! where is the pf from on that model! i cant seem to find it anywhere :wink:

The power fist on this model is from the Space Wolf plastic sprue. I simply shaved off the wolf skull.

The power fist on this model is from the Space Wolf plastic sprue. I simply shaved off the wolf skull.

you lie! ive had that model all along and it doesent look alike :D

perhaps cause my dc is holding is hand out or something ^_^

anyway, ive got some space wolf sprues to mail order :devil:

you lie! ive had that model all along and it doesent look alike :D

I didn't lie. That's the fist I used.

More progress...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/chappy2.jpg

I may have said it somewhere another forum....

but you should really learn how to paint and not waste peoples bandwidth. ;)

:unsure:

*Walks off to cry himself to sleep* :cry:

Daaaamn dude.

• 2 weeks later...

I paint the head separate from the body and glue it in place once both the body and head are complete.

The painting technique is really very simple.

-White spray primer base coat

-Two coats thinned Sunburst Yellow

-One coat Orange Ink

-Paint the eyes

-Multiple coats of thinned Sunburst Yellow on the raised areas, leaving the recesses orange

-Paint the collar Chaos Black

Great stuff, as always Koyote. I realize I haven't checked this board in a while, but it's great to see Task Force Armageddon still going strong.

I know that the Las Vegas GT being instated this year probably makes it easier for you to get to a Grand Tournament. Since you're hitting up the Las Vegas area, will you still be showing up at the Chicago GT this year? It'd be great to see you and Task Force Armageddon again.

You also seem to be able to keep a good pace with completing your models. Here's to getting all that stuff done!

Damocles

so thats how your heads are so good, ill try it now....dam, i dont have any orange ink, and my heads are attached

ok ill just paint them white, or i could rip them off......

I am so jealous, wish I could paint like that. These models are so good, and really enforces how much I can't paint. Well I best try and get my act together then.

How big is your force now anyway? Must be bigger than Company if you put it all together, would be nice to know and see everything together in one big family portrait.

I know that the Las Vegas GT being instated this year probably makes it easier for you to get to a Grand Tournament. Since you're hitting up the Las Vegas area, will you still be showing up at the Chicago GT this year? It'd be great to see you and Task Force Armageddon again.

Sorry Damocles, no Chicago GT for me this year. I do however expect to see your entry into the Golden Demon place first, second or third this year. At the very least, I expect your entry to make the first cut. Don't let this old Koyote down. ;)

Thanks Azza007. Once I get the new models for the Las Vegas GT painted I may consider shooting a family portrait.

Is it just me, or does the vet sarge in my last pic look a bit crossed eyed? My guess is that this is his reaction to the new Blood Angel

rumors. :D

Sorry Damocles, no Chicago GT for me this year. I do however expect to see your entry into the Golden Demon place first, second or third this year. At the very least, I expect your entry to make the first cut. Don't let this old Koyote down. :)

That's a shame. Still, I expect to see you ripping up the Las Vegas tournament scene ;).

As for Golden Demons - Thanks! I'm putting in the work, and I hope to be insanely lucky and snag a trophy. Who knows? Of course, it's debatable as to whether or not that entry will be power-armored!

Is it just me, or does the vet sarge in my last pic look a bit crossed eyed? My guess is that this is his reaction to the new Blood Angel

rumors. :blink:

I can see what you mean now that you mention it, but it isn't that noticeable. Maybe he's only a little confused.

Damocles

i think hes getting down with a bit of space-cold :cuss perhaps he fought against plague marines last game? :P

(have to say that i cant see what your refering to myself...)

either way i wouldnt be overly worried about it...some people cant even paint eyes :angry: *cries*

Has Assault Marine #2 just returned from somewhere warm for a vacation, or do the rest of the squad just need basing..:tu:

++punctuation and font size, oops

Space Marines don't take vacations. Maybe those girly Dark Angels do (who knows what they do when they up and leave in the middle of a campaign), but definitely not Blood Angels. <_<

(who knows what they do when they up and leave in the middle of a campaign)

I always thought they were investigating a new STC discovery for a different design of dress: maybe something on the bias with adamantium sequins for those 'special' frontal assaults, or maybe a little black number for those oh-so-tricksy night fighting engagements..

++sp

I always thought they were investigating a new STC discovery for a different design of dress: maybe something on the bias with adamantium sequins for those 'special' frontal assaults, or maybe a little black number for those oh-so-tricksy night fighting engagements..

whahaha!!!! that cracks me up ^_^

Archived