Hey, I'm in the credits for something! :)

Good work overall, there's a tiny grammatical issue though:

From an early age, the people of Losanco Secundus learnt to fear and hate the mutants. Even from an early age they had an almost instinctual loathing for imperfection and disease.
I learned in school that you should try to avoid repeating yourself too much. You could rewrite the section a little, replacing the beginning of the second sentence with a comma: From an early age, the people of Losanco Secundus learnt to fear and hate the mutants, they had an almost instinctual loathing for imperfection and disease.

THIS is what I've missed with the B&C being gone. I love the well painted minis but there are other places to see that. Extremely well done fluff is the realm of a select few who have gravitated to the Halls of the B&C. It's good to be back. CM, excellent work.

Ehem...The Black Templarish "hate all psykers" is one of the worst things that man can write in his chapters fluff
It's already taken care of :D
It has been noted that the Castigators tolerate both the Astropaths and those of the Navigator Gene. While at first this seems almost hypocritical, the Castigators reply that both were created and sanctioned by the Emperor - just as the Adeptus Astartes were.

Ehem...The Black Templarish "hate all psykers" is one of the worst things that man can write in his chapters fluff:

-How are they traveling through without Navigators?

-How they comunicate with the Imperium without Astropaths?

Besides that, I love it. :D

Keyoz, please read my chapter's 'beliefs' section:

It has been noted that the Castigators tolerate both the Astropaths and those of the Navigator Gene. While at first this seems almost hypocritical, the Castigators reply that both were created and sanctioned by the Emperor - just as the Adeptus Astartes were.

Melechor: Thanks for the spot. Again, edited. Keep looking! :)

Never a problem, Keyoz. :cry: I'm aware of the problems of a psyker-hating chapter. It has consequences. The point with the Castigators is that like so many intolerant bigots, they don't realise just how hypocritical their bigotry is. ^_^

Yes, I often get comments about those Castigators. As I understand, they're actually Emperor's Children legionnaires, but their warband is known by the nickname of 'The Castigators'. Much like there's a Raptors Space Marine chapter and the assault troops in Codex: Chaos are called Raptors.

Though my Castigators could totally kick their ass, obviously... :cry:

I like these guys.

I mean the Slaaneshi guys, of course. :)

Naaah, seriously, I love the fluff of these Castigators. I specially like that thing of planting relics in the ground and vowing to never retreat. It is VERY cool, and I'm wondering if you couldn't do something about that...

For example, you could create mini-shrines, and have your Tactical Marines always stay near them. And when the enemy comes close... *poof!*

The mini-shrines happen to be teleport-signallers too! ^^

Once the chapter was founded, the Adeptus Mechanicus gifted them with a newly-crafted Battle Barges from the forges of Mars, the Imperius Excelsis.

I assume you meant to say Barge not Barges

Otherwise, great job. It's nice to read really well thought out chapter fluff. Are you building models of these guys? I'd love to see them. :blush:

Thanks for the spot, Tiberius; It's been edited. No, I'm not building models of these guys. With university in only a few months and money dangerously tight, I can't afford to. I've never been terribly enthusiastic about the table-top game of 40k - it's the background that's kept me hooked, and I've always felt obligated, as if I needed to play in order to justify my interest in the fluff. Besides, my models were never good enough to satisfy me; I can't paint at all.

The Castigators will have to live on in the fiction and any drawings people make. You'll probably see Fautor the Castigator in the next AoD.

Well I finally got off my butt and decided to read this thing. Really really good. Makes me want to re-start my own DIY chapters fluff but then again I hear orks a' callin' *ahem*.

Loved the description of the planet with its almost split personality. The Picture is very funky but I think you should get a pic of the chapters planet but then again im an adict for pics :D . One thing though do you have a battlecry as I didn't see one mentioned.

One final question - what was the initial urge or spark that made you want to do this chapter? Was it on a random whim that jumped into your head or is it linked to something in your personality? I.e. I've always been a fan of the character who fights for the "good" guys but he's almost chaotic in appearance and actions, the man who could turn at any moment, as apposed to the blonde haired nice guy :)

Just wondering where you inspiration came from.

(If this has already came up then ignore my ramblings as my headache isn't aiding my eyesight)

Well, the Castigators are not blonde-haired nice-guys, but at the same time, they're not on the cusp of turning to Chaos - which is what you tend to eternally see in DIY chapters. Rather than shining super-heroes like Superman, the Castigators could be compared to darker anti-heroes, like Batman, or Spawn. By our point-of-view, the Castigators are not nice. They're children of the Imperium. They're arrogant, have huge superiority complexes. They're xenophobic, intolerant, militant... in some senses they could be compared to organisations like the Nazis (but we won't get into that because I could never abide one of my topics turning into a Third Reich-discussion thread).

The Castigators are obsessed with genetic purity and go to almost absurd ends to protect it, but at the same time they have to put the very thing they value the most - their purity - on the line every time they fight in the Emperor's name. I think that the Castigators are incredibly strong thematically, and that's what I like.

For this to be a true IA, there'd be smaller side-bars with information on some of the Castigators' actions, equipment, dramatis personae and the like. I'd like to get some more accomplished artists to contribute some work to the project, but that's a bit difficult.

No, I've never had a battlecry for the Castigators. I leave that up for the orators before each battle. ^_^