New Space Wolf Codex

wisey1986

What ever GW's plan is, give us a bloody codex so we can pull their flaming butts out of the financial problems. On a more serious not, I'm being to feel the frustration of uncertainty.

I might be wrong but isn't there a larger Wolves population to Dark Eldars?

I might be wrong but isn't there a larger Wolves population to Dark Eldars?

i believe you are correct on that. i only know one dark eldar player in three states. there might be more but i only know of one. in those states i know of 6 space wolf players. not that many but then again o really only go to three stores...

UD

Hi, to get back to the topic of the thread, a reminder.

"I thought I'd start a post to see what other Space Wolf players think GW will change/add to the new codex, when it comes out. "

Now that the SM players have a Thunderfire Cannon as a Heavy Support choice with its three different modes of fire, why can't the Space Wolves have a cannon turret on the Leman Russ? The Leman Russ is expensive, only has A14 on the front and, well, it could be cheaper or better than what it is now.

I know that there is the Vindicator and under the next SM codex it is supposed to be better, but the Demolisher cannons range is short at just 24" and it can't fire at indirect targets! Against an army like 'suited' Tau with Marker-lights for all, the SW/SM vehicles just don't cut the mustard at tournaments these days.

So anyone have a suggestion of what turret you would like to see on the Leman Russ in the new codex when it comes?

Thylacine.

not to sound lazy, but i love my leman russ just the way it is.

i equip it with a hull lascannon, and heavy bolter sponsons...so if i need to move the tank, i fire the lascannon at whatever enemy tank can do me the most hurt. the rest of the time i sit still, and blow the piss out of everything else with the heavy bolters and auto-cannon. and sneak that lascannon shot, since i can fire everything.

then again, there are alot of guard and ork players in my area, so the tons of shots i drop down is what i need.

wolf lord kieran

i as well don't think i would change the LRE really, unless all the IG rumors i have heard are true. then i would:

a) if the new LRE in the IG codex gets AP2 then i say we get that, for a little less points (from what i saw most people think that IG Battle tanks are a base of 115 points)

:) get the option of some really wolfy cannon, like the conquerer cannon or the plasma styled cannon as well.

i also heard that LR tanks might get a rule called "ridged construction" which will give them limited 4th ed styled shooting. if this too is true we should get it as well.

i would have added here that i would like to see larger drop pods, the idea of not being able to take that 15 strong BC unit kinda set me back on using drop pods, but i guess they will be able to hold 12 now, so i can at least get the 3 PF/PW in there.

UD

My biggest beef with no having the new 'dex out pretty soon is that we get pretty far behind on what regular SMs get I think (although I may be and probibly am wrong). For instance, they are getting a bolter, bolt pistol, ccw, plus frags & kraks included in their wargear with the new SM dex....however we have to wait till sometime in the unforeseeable future till we get it? Give me a break....unless I'm wrong of course....

Well called into a GW Shop last night - manager was showing me the news C:SMs and moaned about playing wolves he smiled and said your new codex should be out soon?

Probably joking

D.

I like our Leman Russes just the way they are, give us Conqueror or Plasma Blastgun(?) is a bit overwhelming.

Unlike many other Sons of Russ, I do not want the Thunderfire cannon because I'm afraid GW will do the same thing to us as they've done to the Dark Angels. Ripping off all their unique units and hose them down. Just imagine vanilla marines get the equivalent of the Wolf Tooth Necklace, Runic Charm and other Wolfy things for less.

What next, their equivalent of our grey hunters with better options for less. I truly feel sorry for the Dark Angels even though they're my rivals.

i have the same feeling about the thunderfire cannon as well. too me it doesn't really seem to fit on the 40k battlefield. and one of my friends had been playing DA for years when the new codex came out. he got it and still plays but, he did feel ripped of a few times, and i know i would feel the same way if they do stuff like that to use.

i would really like to see sw with better initiative than bogstandard sm. there again if you've read the space wolf books it mentions them having senses superior to that of even a normal sm. how can you get hold of leman russ exterminator?

there again if you've read the space wolf books it mentions them having senses superior to that of even a normal sm

i think that is where acute senses comes in if i am not mistaken, but yeah something other then re-rolls for night fight (i have only been in three in 5 years of playing).

for the LRE, you might get lucky on ebay, but i think Forge world is the only place right now and as we all know that means $$$. so i would either convert on up (i saw a really cool, all converted armored company, that use the cadian auto cannons on a predator body).

i would really like to see sw with better initiative than bogstandard sm. there again if you've read the space wolf books it mentions them having senses superior to that of even a normal sm. how can you get hold of leman russ exterminator?

I made mine from a Leman russ kit and purchasing the twin linked autocannon bit from GW.

Sorry I don't have a link (believe me I looked) I purchased the bit approximately 4-5 years ago and it was out of the big book for I think 8$

For the money (£12.00), the FW Exterminator turrets are good value, I purchased the metal barrels from GW USA and found they were not a great fit and the overall look was not as good as that of the FW kits. Plus I was ripped off on postage from the USA.

Go with the turret kit, you will be happy with the final look.

Thylacine

I don't know why people hang on. Its like scratching an open wound. We won't get anything for a very long time.

Hands down.

In all probabilty, no. This will not preclude me from taking a stick to GDUK and getting an answer out of the design team, if not on our dex then on how our current Codex operates with C:SM 5th Ed.

Archived