Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Got my airbrush fired up tonight (properly) and attempted some base-coating.

This was the test model last night (when my airbrush was constantly leaking):
BhvtNWQ.jpg

This was from tonight:

PnEGLdf.jpg

UBR7rpj.jpg

42 Primaris marines basecoated in an hour :D

Also got the first Warlord for my Legio Ignatum built:
Zsufq4d.jpg

That's a great pose on that Warlord, you've captured the feel of weight and motion really well.

Thanks! It's a lot less "in-motion" than I wanted, but it definitely works.

All very nice variety and all well exucuted...... well done Brother:thumbsup:

Thank you!

Progress update on the Spears! I messed up on the shade intensity on the first 10 models (2 Battleguard, Primaris Ancient and some Intercessor models) as straight Drakenhof Nightshade is far too dark, so I have to blend it back with some more Alaitoc Blue.

Battleguard on the left is the un-thinned Drakenhof Nightshade, the Intercessor on the right is Drakenhof Nightshade thinned 1:1 with Lahmian Medium.

FS09pDm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Been somewhat busy. I just today finished 10 Assault Intercessors (sans bases, I'll finish them some other time :lol:)

l0UNxax.jpg

Also finished the gaming version of the Lion:
qxfC9el.jpg

mnGPoy2.jpg

Tb6xZDl.jpg

IyernMn.jpg

Also made an updated Tarsus Vorgan for my Nurglite Night Lords using the Lord of Virulence:
cJs3wCq.jpg

Need to get or make a combi-melta for his right arm.

I also have updates on the Night Lords, the squads from before have been primed:

2PncjvF.jpg

dysyPEo.jpg

NNuRwUx.jpg

And a late Christmas present from a friend showed up. A Decimator of..... questionable pedigree :lol:
NQVnLmI.jpg

Looking good!  Will be keeping an eye out to see when you've painted up those Night Lords and nice work magnetising the Lions head :)

What was the dark grey primer you used on the Night Lords please?  Also, I really did not expect the Lord of Vir' model to have such a stonking amount of front loaded cast lines.

Looking good gederas! How did you find putting the Lion together? Just started to clean and part assemble mine. Did you paint in sub assemblies?

He went together very well, all of the Primarchs I've built went together very well (up to four now. Sanguinius, Curze, Perturabo and Lion). And yes, I painted in sub-assemblies. I left him in these:

1. Body with front/back surcoat bottom, belt, fusil, grenades and knife
  2. Left Arm+Shoulder
  3. Right Arm+Shoulder
  4. Backpack
  5. Bare Head
  6. Lion Helmet
  7. Lion Sword
  8. Lion Sword scabbard
  9. Wolf Blade
  10. Wolf Blade scabbard
  11. Cape
  12. Fur on cape (this glues over the cape and back so needs to be separate)

I learned as I was assembling him that his backpack icon, which I thought I could glue on before assembly, needed to go on AFTER his cape (it slides in-between his cape and backpack, and the cape goes over where I thought I could glue it). I also probably should have left at least the front or back of his surcoat's bottom off, but I didn't because of magnetizing the scabbards (oh yeah, the scabbards of his swords are magnetized too :laugh.:)

Looking good!  Will be keeping an eye out to see when you've painted up those Night Lords and nice work magnetising the Lions head :smile.:

What was the dark grey primer you used on the Night Lords please?  Also, I really did not expect the Lord of Vir' model to have such a stonking amount of front loaded cast lines.

Thanks!

And the primer isn't dark grey, it's actually flat black. My lighting made it look closer to a charcoal grey. Specifically though, the primer is Rustoleum American Accents flat black, as it's 6 bucks a can from Walmart for the same amount of GW and it's just as good if not better at coverage :laugh.:

And yeah, the Lord of Virulence has some sneaky mold lines. As when on-sprue, those parts are horizontal. I thought I cleaned those up when I build the model, clearly I missed some. But I got them this time :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the delayed post. Been having technical issues accessing posts in the work in progress forum.

Very good advice, thanks! Ive started on the base and the cloak. I have the other bits inc surcoat on pins. It's quite the detailed mini!

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the delayed post. Been having technical issues accessing posts in the work in progress forum.

Very good advice, thanks! Ive started on the base and the cloak. I have the other bits inc surcoat on pins. It's quite the detailed mini!

Apologies for my delayed response :lol:

And you're welcome! Learn from my mistakes, sub-assemble the hell out of that knight :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the Night Lords and Decimator painted up, the latter is such a cool model.

Same here!

Update on the Emperor's Spears, got my first squad done:

zc3eJwI.jpg

• 4 months later...

Soon......

xJYeNpT.jpg

For context: That's 79 Mark III and Mark IV Tactical Marines, 5 Mark III Plasma gunner, 5 Mark III Meltagunners, 5 Mark IV Missile Launchers, 1 Mark IV Flamer Sergeant (for an eventual Zone Mortalis 5-man flamer squad), the BaC Cataphractii Praetor, Mark II Banner-bearer, Mark II Praetor and a Contemptor-Mortis
Edited by Gederas

• 11 months later...
Rise up from your thousand year-old sleep
Break forth from your grave eternally
I command you to rise
Rise
Rise
Rise
Rise
Rise
Rise
Rise

-cough-

Okay, that silliness aside, let's get this thread woken back up. Gears are creaking, but I'm trying to get this going again.

I bring a few things, first: World Eaters worked on while the B&C was shutdown:
ST0OFYr.jpg
l3U3Vig.jpg
2vLHnK7.jpg

And I started a Legion for 30k (well, two actually, I've forgotten to take pictures of my Late-Heresy Sons of Horus). Ultramarines!

20 Tacticals:
MK8A0wT.jpgsP7Csvm.jpg

Contemptor:pC3HkuW.jpg
KNTYlcV.jpg

And a Fulmentarus Terminator:
UDZhTwG.jpg

This is what they look like presently (airbrushing here, Macragge Blue > Calgar Blue > Fenrisian Grey)
yysakLH.jpg

Edited by Gederas

7 hours ago, Pearson73 said:

Very nice builds my friend, looking forward to seeing some paint on them!

Like this? :biggrin:

JXhgvQ7.jpg
That's: 40 Berzerkers, 5 Terminators, Khârn, Khadon Drachstur (Lightning Claw Terminator Lord), Skulltaker and a Bloodmaster all basecoated in an hour an a half. God I love having an airbrush

4 hours ago, derLumpi said:

That UM terminator looks rad!!!

Where did you source those parts? Great stuff!

Someone in the 30k Discord split the parts up from a free file from Cults3D of a fully-assembled Fulmentarus Terminators STL file.