Kill Team - Nachmund - Box and CSM Revealed

Joe

Cultists sound more likely now, no news of traitor guard datasheets in the Chaos threads.

Kill team will almost certainly come before/around Codex: Chaos Space Marines, so I'm thinking traitor guard sounds more likely later.

That's my thought process right now. Could very well be incorrect though.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I would love for the Blackstone traitor guard to get the full Krieg-style work up.

I want to know what terrain is going in there? Deathworld repack? That new sector fronteris stuff they previewed? Something new like octarius?

Personally, if there's terrain in the box, I'm hoping it's some of this:

L3zuL9K.jpg

Ten Cultists does seem likely, bit outclassed against Eldar but I dont care, I just want the new toys for my armies :D Gimme gimme gimme...

In my mind, if we do get Chaos mortals in this KT box, I assume they’ll be equivalent to Veteran Guard and not the absolute cannon fodder we typically see for Cultist/Traitor Guard.

Yeah, a Kill Team of Cultists would include some specials- maybe a Rogue Psyker, a few Beastmen, a heavy stubber...

Whatever it is, I hope it gets as much love as the Corsairs are going to get based on the model we've seen. Hopefully Monday's preview is the full KT with the full box previewed later in the week.

I would love for the Blackstone traitor guard to get the full Krieg-style work up.

I want to know what terrain is going in there? Deathworld repack? That new sector fronteris stuff they previewed? Something new like octarius?

Personally, if there's terrain in the box, I'm hoping it's some of this:

L3zuL9K.jpg

It looks good, but is really useless as terrain, other than looking pretty

Since CSM Kill teams are either built as 6 power-armored dudes or 3 CSM + 8 Cultists in the current iteration of the game,

I wouldn't be surprised to see the second line-up (couple of CSM with a bunch of cultists) in the Nachmund box..

I’d be pretty surprised if we got a mixed fire team setup in this box. The first two KT boxes had 10 man squads for single fire teams kill teams. The box KT’s aren’t tied into the Compendium rules

Since CSM Kill teams are either built as 6 power-armored dudes or 3 CSM + 8 Cultists in the current iteration of the game,

I wouldn't be surprised to see the second line-up (couple of CSM with a bunch of cultists) in the Nachmund box..

I’d be pretty surprised if we got a mixed fire team setup in this box. The first two KT boxes had 10 man squads for single fire teams kill teams. The box KT’s aren’t tied into the Compendium rules

Agreed that the first KT were single fire team builds, but IMHO mixed builds will also be included in future releases.

IIRC there was some rumor about Tyranids popping up in a future KT box - I'd say they would be prime material for

a mixed fireteam build..

Edited by Old-Four-Arms

Agreed that the first KT were single fire team builds, but IMHO mixed builds will also be included in future releases.

IIRC there was some rumor about Tyranids popping up in a future KT box - I'd say they would be prime material for

a mixed fireteam build..

I also think necrons would be an interesting contender. Otherwhis it would be hard to differenciate from the current kill teams.

krieg vs kommandos

new SoB unit vs pathfinders with upgrade sprue

corsairs vs ???

there has been a trend of creativity so I wouldn't be surprised to see an eclectic cultists rabble as the other half

balance hardly relevant since the first box had a 1:1 of guard to kommando, trailer even had a S3 guardsmen kill the S5 W2 kommando in melee :teehee:

balance hardly relevant since the first box had a 1:1 of guard to kommando, trailer even had a S3 guardsmen kill the S5 W2 kommando in melee :teehee:

Must have rolled sixes. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Would love beastmen and/or mutants and/or humans, or - if it is void themed - some chaos pirates! Just something that isn't the rather overwhelmingly boring ways they seem to design chaos marines these days....

It could also be an easy way to re-include the commissar and ogryn from bsf, or the gellerpoz from kill team rogue trader too (esp if space themed).

Edited by Petitioner's City

Fingers crossed for renegade guard.

I'd imagine that it's a chaos marine unit but unless it's regular chaos marines squad with maybe an upgrade sprue I'm not sure what it'll be. 

so far they brought in krieg and corsairs from forge world, can see that trend continuing

Fingers crossed for renegade guard.

I hope so, my body is ready!!!

Id love some Beastmen as well actually, or at least a conversion sprue to techy up the Warhammer Fantasy ones (AoS doesnt exist to me, its not a real game unless it has Bretonnians), mmm yes 40k Beastmen will do me nicely indeed.