Kill Team - Nachmund - Box and CSM Revealed

Joe

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/07/shiver-the-timbers-of-the-41st-millennium-with-the-new-voidscarred-corsairs/

Showing off more corsair models!

v6yVsui7FKvsphIq.jpg

RsaoCRdSjN16Zrls.jpg

All of these look pretty sweet to me. But ultimately if they don't have some customizability it will hurt them a lot. I don't want two or three identical guys loosing a hawk in my army so it may only have use as a one off unit or for bits

edit: idk how I feel about that double sheath thing for the knives on the sneaky looking guy

Really nice but the bottom left one has me chanting 'Ru fi o, Ru fi o....' (to be fair, needs more red in the hair for it though)

I do like the armour. Its an obvious mix of pointy and prancy Eldar with a uniform shoulder pad to tie them in.

But overall. I don't fancy them without jet packs. Or the option of dual pistols on all like actual corsairs..

I just need to face the reality that corsairs WILL NEVER be anywhere near as good as before.

They look cool for the most part. But I miss the FW Corsair Helmet design. Or more helmets in general. Space Pirates usually care about breathing and exposure, too, and atmosphere venting happens during boarding actions.

I know that Kill Team and 40k mostly plays on planets and what not but... going with a theme here wouldn't have hurt.
I hope there are more full helmets on the sprues.

That is a sweet unit! Although I am sure that the fluff for wraithcannons was that living Eldar could not carry them because of the risk they posed. Only the sturdier Wraithguard could withstand the backwash.

Pirates doing things not sanctioned by official military equipment standards is a trope though.

8ZaYxDC.png

Not a fan of this guys helmet ears. Unless they're supposed to be his actual ears, which is possibly even more... odd. Otherwise, pretty nice models!

It's the helmet, Incubi have the same thing and that's definitely a Dark Eldar inspired helmet.

Beautiful models. Can't wait til I have the dex in my hand to see what I can do with Corsairs or until I have the sprues in my hand to see just what I can build.

I do really feel for people who used to play them before though, because there seems to be a real disconnect between then and now.

The thing I find most annoying about these models. Is that that are very nice, and that I'll be buying them...

Even though they solidify the fact that my entire 60 man jet pack wearing skyreaver army, that I built with each model having a mix of wyches, kabalites and some guardian bits... is still squatted.... Such a love hate at the moment.

Edited by Captain Coolpants

They have a real Rogue Trader/1st edition feel in that they very much are 'elves in space' which the Forge World ones were not.

These are lovely but also maybe a bit too close to dark eldar too? Of course that's perfectly right (dark eldar really did start as pirate eldar and perhaps even corsairs as a design language), and the dark turquoise only adds to that.

8ZaYxDC.png

Not a fan of this guys helmet ears. Unless they're supposed to be his actual ears, which is possibly even more... odd. Otherwise, pretty nice models!

It's the helmet, Incubi have the same thing and that's definitely a Dark Eldar inspired helmet.

He's carrying a Shredder, he might just be a Drukhari.

The thing I find most annoying about these models. Is that that are very nice, and that I'll be buying them...

Even though they solidify the fact that my entire 60 man jet pack wearing skyreaver army, that I built with each model having a mix of wyches, kabalites and some guardian bits... is still squatted.... Such a love hate at the moment.

It's a shame that they won't have jetpacks, the perk of working with CAD is that the assets are very easy to copy and use elsewhere. They may not come straight away but I imagine that if Corsairs sell well, they'd probably do some jetpacks

They have a real Rogue Trader/1st edition feel in that they very much are 'elves in space' which the Forge World ones were not.

Yeah I love it, may have to grab a box to use in my Rogue Trader games. 

Really nice models, if I had Eldar or DEldar I'd be all over these. I still think I'll go with Rangers when I do Eldar in Kill Team.

Given that the last Kill Team expansion saw a shiny new kit (Sororitas), and an older kit with a new upgrade sprue, I wouldn't be surprised if Nachmund is similar - if so, I bet it'll be the Chaos Marine squad with a new upgrade sprue that is in this set. Happy to be wrong though..!