Kill Team - Nachmund - Box and CSM Revealed

Joe

Does the crystal pistol remind anyone else of this?

qtsILGZ.png

Very good catch!  Here are the weapons from the discord leak, handily collated on dakka. It seems to be classed as a neural disruptor:

20220122_231231.png

Harlequins have had it since 7th or whatever.

and its been around since 1st edition. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-v-0QcsPW0AM/VMlmrv5JXVI/AAAAAAAAK2w/b6-KD9xGRfU/s1600/SolitaireWIP.jpg

Does the crystal pistol remind anyone else of this?

qtsILGZ.png

Very good catch! Here are the weapons from the discord leak, handily collated on dakka. It seems to be classed as a neural disruptor:

20220122_231231.png

Harlequins have had it since 7th or whatever.

and its been around since 1st edition. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-v-0QcsPW0AM/VMlmrv5JXVI/AAAAAAAAK2w/b6-KD9xGRfU/s1600/SolitaireWIP.jpg

Now that is awesome :) the wee alien box in the 3rd edition rulebook was such a wonderful Easter egg box (it only needs pisceans and zoats, really!). Great to learn the harlequin designers did some deep cuts beyond the obvious!

One thing I wish the corsairs had a wee bit more of here is the FFG alien bit and bobs - it was wonderful to see two of the weapons from.Rogue Trader (which Hoare wrote with Bligh, Barnes, etc; with Bligh mentoring Fox's writing of Mymeara) turn up in the necromunda marketplace as actual plastic bits. I hope there are some such Easter eggs hidden in these minis, just like the crystal pistol was for Harlequins when they released.

Got my pre-preorder in for 2 Nachmund sets, definitely want 2 kits of Corsairs. 

im thinking of getting the visarch and converting it into a more in-theme Yriel personally.

My thoughts exactly, and the new Autarch kit has the spare pieces to make it work!

EDIT - On a related note, I went looking for a Visarch on eBay and it's slim pickings, figured I might get a Triumvirate box and just sell the Yncarne and Yvraine only to find that there don't appear to be any at the major FLGS', and the Triumvirate box is now gone from the GW UK store. I've no doubt it's just being repacked (as individual kits would be nice), but worth noting if anybody is looking for it right now.

Edited by Halandaar

i couldn't bring myself to buy eldritch omens, because Ive really got no interest in the chaos stuff and dont have anyone up for splitting, I'm really thinking a corsair themed army would be cool - with the aspect warrios mixing the official plastics (where they exist) with corsair and DE bits. So probably wont bother with anything from eldritch omens now anyway.

Interested to see what the troop corsairs are armed like, if its basically just guardians, i could easily see myself mixing guardian and corsair bits to make those, and using the corsair kit for the elite version primarily.

… I'm really thinking a corsair themed army would be cool - with the aspect warrios mixing the official plastics (where they exist) with corsair and DE bits. …

Interested to see what the troop corsairs are armed like, if its basically just guardians, i could easily see myself mixing guardian and corsair bits to make those, and using the corsair kit for the elite version primarily.

You get yourself outta my head - it’s crowded enough in here already!  :D

Agreed, really hoping to see some interesting basic troop elements for the Corsairs - it would be cool for a Lugganath force to roll with a squad or two of them alongside some Craftworld forces, and some supporting Harlequins to give a really flavorful Lugganath army.

Glad we've gotten a proper look at the box's villains. Time to show us the noble Chaos representatives :P

I can only hope they're giving them a suitable audio reception. However, this is hope and only folly.

Hopefully none of our audio receptors will be functional after the reveal

Glad we've gotten a proper look at the box's villains. Time to show us the noble Chaos representatives :tongue.:

I can only hope they're giving them a suitable audio reception. However, this is hope and only folly.

Hopefully none of our audio receptors will be functional after the reveal

I would love it

I really hope it's not Chaos, at least not space marine. 

It would be amazing to see some inhabitants of a Space Hulk, or some obscure race.

Or, hear me out, an Inquisitor retinue!

The fact that they showed us only the aeldari side is intriguing. 

I've waited since 1994 for plastic noise marines. They're so obscure they've never made any yet

It would be amazing to see some inhabitants of a Space Hulk, or some obscure race.

I've waited since 1994 for plastic noise marines. They're so obscure they've never made any yet

To be fair they did make one:tongue.:

In any case, thanks to GW's little slip-up with their facebook link, we know the opponent for the Corsairs is "CSM". Probably referencing the whole army and not the unit, since, thanks to the "holy grail" of rumours, we know ten things they're most likely getting unless it suddenly starts being wrong out of nowhere. And among those ten things are Cultists and Traitor Guard, both of which fit the Kill Team style perfectly.

And when it comes to Noise Marines, I'd rather wait and get them later as part of a standalone Emperor's Children release than now as part of a CSM release. The latter would make me think their independence isn't happening any time soon. Not that it's happening soon soon since World Eaters appear to be first in line, but still, a model update while being part of CSM would make it seem like they're staying as vanilla CSM for the loooooooong haul.

Edited by DeadFingers

Cultists can be cool... But what I worry about is that GW will just drop in existing BSF models; these are fine... but they don't customize at all, and that's supposed to be Kill Team's thing.

New Cultists with options? Bring it on.

Copping out with recycled BSF? Not so much.

The leaks say new cultists are coming, so there's hope. 

But show us soon!

Cultists can be cool... But what I worry about is that GW will just drop in existing BSF models; these are fine... but they don't customize at all, and that's supposed to be Kill Team's thing.

New Cultists with options? Bring it on.

Copping out with recycled BSF? Not so much.

The leaks say new cultists are coming, so there's hope.

But show us soon!

Can't imagine them using BSF mini's. Those have like 5-6 variants and 0 options. That would be a big trend breaker, with every set so far giving kill teams new stuff or at least more options via upgrade sprues.

I can get behind that, not complains about it. It would be fitting with the Dark Prince and such. 

I don't want the classic generic chaos marine, other than that some strange and obscure variant is pretty much welcome.

Maybe we're getting some necromunda terrain in the new box... Shamelessly stolen from facebook :biggrin.:

273649601_10221575705561350_379618132374

Doubtful. All someone did was Photoshop the model, minus its base, onto a picture of the Necromunda terrain. You can even see where they didn't remove the static grass from the left foot. That's not GW's style, so it's a fan-edited picture.

Maybe we're getting some necromunda terrain in the new box... Shamelessly stolen from facebook :biggrin.:

Doubtful. All someone did was Photoshop the model, minus its base, onto a picture of the Necromunda terrain. You can even see where they didn't remove the static grass from the left foot. That's not GW's style, so it's a fan-edited picture.

Joke explanation:

That model looks like she's selling spiritstones and waystones and the like before a shopfront marked "Gems" :whistling:

It was a joke frater

Your right, but I have seen some bad chop jobs done on photoshop in codex books before. 5th ed Blood Angel dex had a couple of doozies in.