+++ Unforgiven but not Unknown +++

Isiah

Name: Flinch

Country/State: Australia

Occupation: Trained Monkey - I seriously think a trained monkey can do my job. Seems like the monkeys I work with aren't trained enough though... :D

Time spent in hobby: 20 ish years

Armies collected: 40k: Started with Dark Angels. Sold em around 3rd ed codex (including the 'Old' Land Raider!) and got a bunch of different armies. Now I have Dark Angels (again), Slaanesh Chaos, Grey Knights, Nids (2 editions of space hulk genestealers FTW!) and Khorne Bezerker army. Fantasy: Daemons (which expanded into warriors and beastmen back in the day.) Blood Bowl: Humans, Orcs, Chaos, Undead. BFG: Imperials, Space marines, Chaos, Eldar. Mordheim: Witch Hunters, Skaven. LotR: Gobbos and Balrog! Epic: Space Marines, Eldar and Orks. =][= : Artemis. No Necromunda funnily enough. These are just the GW games. I also have 'other' game systems and models.

Make your mark: This is MY hobby. I claim ownership. :P . 9 foot tall warriors wearing tank armour fitting into rhinos like clowns in a clown car have been an image in my mind for the last 20 ish years.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: CardinalVirtue

Country/State: USA

Time spent in hobby: 2ish years

Armies collected: Dark Angels (Deathwing, Ravenwing, reserve companies), a dash of orks and chaos

Make your mark: I didn't start with Dark Angels! When I got my first Space Marines from a friend he gave me a vanilla codex so that's what I went with, making a DIY chapter. Later I noticed that I had about a billion bikes and terminators, and was even DA iconography, but wasn't playing DAs, despite also loving their fluff. Now I'm starting to repaint all my marines green. Makes me wonder how many other people switch to the DA codex from a newer book...

Name: Finn

Country/State: Poland

Time spent in hobby: 1,5 yr

Armies collected: Dark Angels

Make your mark: A decade or so ago, for a very short time I had a very small Epic SM force and it was when I fell in love with the Unforgiven. After that I've visited the 40th millenium as a roleplayer and Necromunda player (Delaque FTW!). After a longer break, I've been sucked back into 40k wargaming when the Black Reach box came out. Been collecting Dark Angels ever since.

Name: Brother-Sergeant Bohemond

Country/State: New Zealand

Time spent in hobby: started to look at Warhammer 5 years ago, researched history of the Imperium and of the Empire.

Armies collected: Just started to collect a dark Angels Army

Make your mark: Not much here, just to say that the DA are my favorite chapter.

Name: kiwitexansfan

Country/State: Omaha, Nebraska via Auckland, New Zealand

Time spent in hobby: About to celebrate my 1st anniversary

Armies collected: Radical Foot Slogging Daemonhunters, Mech DIY Codex: Space Marines (Shades of Corax), Guardians of the Covenant Deathwing/GreyRedwing

Make your mark: Where do you go after having a Footslogging 4+ save army and a Mech 3+ save army? A Deepstriking 2+ army obviously.

Name: Bartosz

Country/State: Europe/Silesia/Poland

Occupation: husband, dad, GM, swords collector, wh40k player... rest don't really count for me

Time spent in hobby: almost 13 years

Armies collected: Angels of Punishment (almost 6k points worth total) my Dark angels successor chapter, some xeno Eldar (8k points total), thats my main armies, but i also have around 2k points in each Angels of Wrath (Blood angels successors), Get of Russ (Space Wolves) and my new project witch is mix or Red Army and Orks (converting and paint phase). Not counting WHFB.

Make your mark: Try to explain 6 year old girl why "daddy toy soldier" captain don't wear helmet and fight with sword...

• 3 weeks later...

Name: ShadowSeraph

Country/State: USA/Florida

Time spent in hobby: A Little Under 3yrs

Armies collected: Dark Angels (About 1500 pts at the moment)

Make your mark: I've played many or miniture games, But am Focusing on 40k while i have Classic BattleTech on the Back burner

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Avenger Of The Lions

Country/State: Kent, England

Time spent in hobby: Newbie

Armies collected: Soon to collect DA don't know which company yet

Make your mark: Always liked the idea and the fantasy side of 40K but never got into it till now. Picked DA as they kick ass, have a nice rivalry with the Space Puppies and I like the DA fluff of what I read

Name: Andre aka GreyDeathOne

Country/State: USA, California

Time spent in hobby: 24yrs

Armies collected: Dark Angels, Tau

Make your mark: Just getting back into the hobby, then will make a mark. :P

Name: Brother-Redemptor

Country/State: Louisiana

Time spent in hobby: 17 years off and on

Armies collected: Currentlly have alsmost a full DW and RW, have the full 3rd Company, a full 10th Company, and working on the 8th Company.

Make your mark: Got into the game during 2nd addition and played every weekend until college. Quit playing and got rid of my troops while at college (regret that decision). Got back into the game 3 Years ago and haven't looked back since. Love the Game, Love the Dark Angels.

Name: dragon1976

Country/State: Ohio (eastern)

Time spent in hobby: 18

Armies collected: Orks, Blood Angels, Necrons and now Dark Angels

Make your mark: I've been in and out of the hobby for years... I skipped all of 4th edition...

Name: notmattlythgoe

Country/State: USA/Virginia

Time spent in hobby: about 2 months modeling and painting now

Armies collected: DA

Make your mark: Just starting up, taking my time painting my army, I want the first reaction when I place them on the board to be "Holy !@#$!"

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Brennus

Country/State: Virginia

Time spent in hobby: About 18 years

Armies collected: Dark Angels, Crimson Fists (badly in need of an update)

Make your mark: Larger games appeal to me - I really want to get involved in Apocalypse. In general, I feel that if the game isn't conducive to drinking a beer and joking while rolling dice, it's not living up to its potential. It is meant to be fun for both sides.

Name:CalibanKnight

Country/State: USA/Georgia

Time spent in hobby: Newb

Armies collected: Does fluff count?

Make your mark: Ambient Black Metal at 3am and Dark Angel imagery leads to some interesting ideas.

• 1 month later...

I take a stab

Name: Grand Master Springemann

Country/State: Kennesaw, GA

Time spent in hobby: since 2000

Armies collected: Deathwing, Dark Angels and more Dark Angels need I say more

Make your mark: Well 40k has started my obession with miniture gaming so now I am into Battletech old school(no click base stuff) D&D 3.5 still and always, and thought about flames of war.

Name: Lord_Hail

Country/State: USA, northeast Ohio

Time in: when did tau come out?

Armies: 2000+ Tau, about 3000+ Dark Angel

Mark: Currnetly trying to find out why i am having another kid? Serously looking forward to one day intoducing my kids to the fun hobbies that i have. Got in playing Choas Fantesy, will convert once i have money to 40k (my area = no fantesy players), from thier tau (love mech looking suits), my brother started to play said what army and i said DA. Why? I gave him backround he loved it, he quit gave me his army and i expanded it hevely (tired of playing shooty no close combat army). Hope to make some good aqutinces on here and throw around some ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Dremen

Time In Hobby: 7 years

Armies: Ravenwing, Dark Angels

Mark: Everyone knows of the "Sarge" character in books and TV/games. I have my own "Sarge". His squad invariably dies horrific deaths, small note to not volunteer for his squad, but he fights on. Alone he has taken on Daemons, Monsterous Creatures, Tanks, Whole enemy Squads and Characters.....and hes only a Vet. Sgt. with Melta Bombs, a bolt pistol and a chainsword.

• 4 weeks later...

Figured this would be a good place for my first B&C post.

Name: Brother Moridius

Country/State: Halifax, Canada

Time spent in hobby: 10 or so years

Armies collected: Dark Angels, Imperial Guard, Beastmen, Empire

Make your mark: Never underestimate the bolter marines, they have won many a game for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Name:Kebabyuchenko

Country/State:En-Ger-Land!

Time spent in hobby:18 years-ish

Armies collected:Used to have 3K points of Space Pups, 2K of Jungle Fighters and about 500 points of Dark Eldar. It's all just Dark Angels now!

Make your mark:Have been into 40K for donkey's years but only just really starting the gaming side of it. Used to play Space Hulk a lot in my youth (still got 1st Edition and both Genestealer and Deathwing) and now I can do it all again with the new one!

Kebabyuchenko xxx

• 1 month later...

Name: Chaplain Haladriel

Country/State: Canada/British Columbia

Time spent in hobby: Recently "re-discovered" 40K, played a bit when I was a teen. Since I have started again less than a year.

Armies collected: My first army was a Blood Angels one, at only 500 points it wasnt much of an army, now I working on a DA/DW army.

Make your mark: "This is the judgement of the Righteous"!!

Name: Moi_a_Mania (Huge wrestling fan - love Hulk Hogan)

Country/State: American Samoa

Time in Hobby: 11 years.

Armies: Dark Angels

Mark: Joined at end of Second Edition. Tolerated 3rd Edition. Completely missed 4th Edition. Now, teaching the youth here how to play, model, and paint our own DIY chapter under the Dark Angels banner

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Lard O' Blood

Country/State: Pennsylvania

Time spent in hobby: About 1 year

Armies collected: First crimson fists, then salamanders and now everything is being Dark Angelified.

Make your mark: Military theory has always interested me. This is how I got sucked into the hobby.

Archived