Cosmic Space Knights (of doom)

Doghouse

I dunno like, i quite like the idea of Van Daamage having a vain picture of himself on his arm, kind of similar to that Gilderoy Lockhart stuff in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets :devil:

I dunno like, i quite like the idea of Van Daamage having a vain picture of himself on his arm, kind of similar to that Gilderoy Lockhart stuff in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets :mellow:

Or even better a mirror to ensure he looks his best. :lol:

Cambrius

-is rolling on the floor laughing his head off-

damn dog these are amazing!

that knight smilie, anyone else thought 'Robocop' when they saw it?

MORE! i demand more :D

Cheers guys! :P

LuNCHBiZZLe: I was actually thinking of something along those lines.

Brother Cambrius: I'll be adding some washes to the gold to bring out the detailing. The idea is that they scrapped the Chapter Serf's dental plan so that they could afford to honour Maximus with an ornate combi-weapon.

Brother Cambrius: That was another option I'd concidered as well, maybe I could have the second assistant carrying a large mirror in the same way as that Black Templar chaplain guy's servitors.

Being a new forum member, it took a while for me to find this thread, but I've just spent the last half hour reading through it in it's entirety.

Doghouse, you've done a fantastic job with these marines mate, keep up the good work :P

Thanks guys! :huh:

Just time for a quick update to show that I'm still hard at work on these guys.

I've painted the upper torso gold as an after thought and to add some more bling.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture102.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture103.jpg

I think I'm crazy like you Doghouse... In a fit of randomness I've thought of a great vehicle conversion. Ever wonder how they can fit 10 marines into a tank the size of my 85' pontiac? You could do up a rhino with marines hanging out of every space. One hanging on the side, lawn chair on the top, couple of them riding on the tailgate. I'm sure you get what I'm thinking here. Lol...

=D=

weissenbier: Yeah I think he's one of my favourites as well.

Inquisitor =D=: I do have some ideas for the rhinos that are a little diffenret to the norm. I'm still gathering parts but I want to play around with the machine spirit idea a bit. Just imagine an armoured fighting vehicle with the personality of a disgruntled child that won't let anyone out because it's having far too much fun squishing people with it's tracks.

I like the idea of the marines not fitting in the rhino though and it made me laugh! :rolleyes:

If my idea doesn't work out I'll try that!

Update

Just another quick one.

I've decided that the red winged skull on the chest of Maximus isn't really working and so am now painting it completely gold. The idea is that the more bling Maximus has the less benefits the Serfs get and the more of a jerk they think he is.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture107.jpg

I'm also updating McHuge as the big base wasn't really working for me as it makes him stand out too much. Instead I've stuck him on a regular base and am about to finish the cloak.

I've added the sword and shield as well.

Hopefully I'll be starting on Vulnerable Dreadnaught Brother Hulk this afternoon and trying to find where Chief Librarian Spandex the Grey has gone. I think he's been hanging out with the SAPS as I can't find him.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture105.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture106.jpg

Maximus Vaan Damage

Maximus rose quickly through the ranks of the CSK(od) distinguishing himself in battle on countless occations. His exploits are a thing of legend and he could always be found in the fiercest fighting often dragging a wounded comrade to safety or remaining behind to hold off hordes of fearsome xenos single handly.

As the Chapter's greatest hero he was selected to become the genetic template for the newly created Clone army. It was after this time that something about him seemed somewhat...well...different.

In the past he had lead his troops personally into battle, his strategies were bold and daring, his intellect being able to match any of the the great heros of the Astartes. But now he has adopted a much more cautious approach to warfare, deploying wave after wave of troops, often sacrificing hundreds of his men before even setting foot on a battlefield.

It is widely believed amongst the Serfs and Servitors that Maximus was in fact killed by one of his clones who then took his place, but any who voice such opinions have found themselves assigned to the Rules Lawyers and suffered mysterious deaths not long afterwards.

Since his appointment to Captain of the first company Maximus has lead the Astartes of the CSK(od) to victory on nearly one occasion. The first company of the CSK(od) is unique amongst the Chapters of the Imperium being that it is made up of his personal guard of three hundred Astartes, a core of loyal battle brothers that he would heroically and selflessly sacrifice in order to get pretty darn close to completing an objective.

During the most recent conflict Vaan Damage fearlessly lead his personal Clone guard to the planet surface of Vengist IV to battle the terrible Petra-Squirrels. After several minutes he was urgently recalled to the battle barge to be fitted with his new golden artificier armour to mark the begining of the campaign. However his personal guard fought on valiantly in the name of the Imperium whilst suffering horrenedous casualites at the hands of the tiny terrors.

Although adored by his men the Chapter Serfs and Servitors think he's a bit of a jerk.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture108.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture109.jpg

Personal Heraldy incorporating the Crux Terminatus

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture110.jpg

Captain Vaan Damage and Supreme Grand Chapter Master Slab Benchpress.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture111.jpg

Wait, wasn't the Chapter Master originally called 'Slab Benchpress?' 'Slap Bulkhead' is from that Space Mutiny episode of MST3k. Although everything here is quite awesome, creative and just plain hilarious. The only bone I have to pick is with the name 'Large McHuge.' It sounds too short, empty, hollow. The Space Mutiny one was 'Big McLargeHuge.' It sounds better as a ridiculous name. I'm very nitpicky when it comes to these sort of things, so don't take it personally or anything. Other than that, keep up the good work.

Yeah I think you're right mate it should be benchpress and LargeMcHuge, I'll go back and change it, it because I'm a bit tired and not thinking straight. Don't worry though mate, I won't take it personally. ;) ;)

The Carnival of the Absurd

For what seemed an eternity the lifeless body of Captain Vaan Damage drifted through the frozen void of space. His features permanently frozen in an expression of shock as in his last moments of life the realisation of the betrayal of one of his sons became evident to him.

Days earlier he had been called to the Supreme Grand Chapter Master's quarters to discuss plans to deceive the Adeptus Mechanicus into thinking that the Chapter's STC templates were intact.

As he entered the door sealed shut behind him, even with his superhuman senses he was slow to react to the danger.

One of the clones had changed the numbering on the corridor plates to trick him into thinking that he was on a different deck. He looked around slightly bemused as it dawned on him he was in fact stood in an airlock.

As he turned to face the inner door a face appeared at the port hole, but not just any face his face.

Even for a clone the likeness was uncanny, it was like staring at his own reflection. Before he could utter a single word of protest a malicious grin spread across the clone's face as he gave a little wave to Maximus.

The deafening roar of the external doors opening was the last thing Maximus heard as he was jettersoned into space. For scant seconds he clawed imputently at open space, the last thing he was aware of was the now distant Battle Barge shimmering before disappearing into the immaterium.

Then there was only darkness.

"AwaKeN mY sOn..." The voice rang out, the horrific sound of hysterical laughter echoing in it's wake "...My cHampIon..."

"Who..Who are you?" Maximus struggled to form the words through dry and frozen lips, his voice painful and rasping.

"I aM youR gOD anD MaSTer...I aM the LudriCrus and ThE INsane...I aM YOUr SAviOUr anD YOUr DAMnaTIon..."

Maximus's head swam drunkenly as he struggled to comprehend what was happening to him.

"Am I dead?" He whispered hoarsely.

The deafening roar of laughter sent him cartwheeling backwards through space.

"No MY soN...FOr yOU thE JoURNey is jUSt BeGINNINg..." And with that the voice was gone.

Maximus hung limply, his body sapped of it's superhuman strength he clung to what little life had been returned to him.

In the distance a pin prick of light flared and was gone. As he drifted in and out of awareness he glimpsed what looked like a vessel approaching, a dark silloutte that engulfed the stars as it passed over his shattered body.

Searchlights beamed out as they drove away the darkness that engulfed him, settling over his form as he finally succumb to unconciousness.

I was thinking.. If Vaan Damage is now becomming some preening, self idolizing wana be adonis, his servitor/assistant/woundmarkers should represent his total self love thing. So with that in mind, since they keep getting more and more bionics, Vaan thinks they shopuld do more than just take the hit for him, but one should carry a full length mirrior so he can look at himself at all times and the other should have a servo-harness attached, but none othe useful powerclaws and plasma cutters here, the lower two arms should have armor cleaning attachment(like a rag and a bucket of soapy water to keep his new power armor clean) and the upper two arms have personal grooming tools, say a hair brush and blowdryer, so he will always have his perfect Fabio hair.

:tu:

I think a gender confused personal ass-istant and stylist (eldar) a la Gok Wan off the TV, brought in to take picts of his latest heroic action and make sure that his hair looks it's best would work - something like Nicorex said.

Also then it could give the idea of an eldar planted there to help guide the Chapter towards it's ultimate destiny/destruction divined by the Pan-zee (was it?) farseer. A prophecy made just before McHuge accidentally tripped and beheaded him whilst running away from a Wraithlord?!

Archived