Cosmic Space Knights (of doom)

Doghouse

Doghouse has left the hobby? :lol:

I just read this whole thread while laughing, and now I was ready to give some encouraging words..

This makes me very unhappy :(

I'm one of Doghouse's regular gaming buddies and he has in fact "knocked it on the head" as he put it.

Personally speaking (and I say this out of genuine affection) I reckon he'll last six months at most before turning up at my place with a monsterously converted Bane Blade catherdral or a complete chapter of true scale marines. ;)

I'll have to try and twist his arm some more to get him back next time we're in the pub.

Lol i think he will be back personally, a bloke with that much skill at making minis won't be able to resist 40k for much longer.

If you could work your magic on him as well that would be pro, we need him back ^_^

• 4 months later...

Thank you Doghouse:)

I was just about to post in your mantis warriors thread pleading you to finish these guys.

Now get to working. The csk need an update and their IA is unfinished too. Whatever happened to the squirrels?:)

I've just been reading the log from start to finish and can't for the life of me remember what the heck I was on when I came up with the idea. :)

I've got two character updates in the works, the first Spandex the Grey is almost finished along with an update to the squirrel wars, the other will be up as soon as I've made some serious progress on the Mantis Warriors. :)

ROFLMAO........there were tears mate, tears, my missus even found it funny. I love the rule "they shall know no fear" explanation. The scout s.a.p's just made me cry harder, it wouldnt of been that funny without the chapters history. Can just imagine a couple of hedges bouncing around a battle crusier.

Its great to see people having fun with the hobby, great stuff mate.

I'm glad that you are still working on this thing (albeit slowly)....I remember losing heart when this slipped beneath the backpages of the forum...

Thanks guys!

I glad you found it entertaining, like I say I have no idea what I was on when I created these guys but they were always great fun.

Eberious: Nice one, glad you both liked it. I remember some members saying that I'd made them laugh so much they'd woken up their parents/spouse. :lol:

For the full unabridged Index Astarte article and full details of The Scouring of Vengist IV and their Successor chapter the Screaming Weasels click the following link, but be warned it's pretty weird and not for the feint of heart.

UCSS SAFETY WARNING:Please insure that you not drinking/eating anything whilst reading it or you'll only end up having to clean your monitor (so I've been told...). :(

INDEX ASTARTES: COSMIC SPACE KNIGHTS (...OF DOOM)

I know this is sad but I just re-read the IA article and ended up laughing myself. B)

Doghouse, every time i thinking about The Dropsite Masquerade and the holy trial of fitting the fist into their mouth, i end up laughing myself. great work! :) Can't wait for another update.

Brother Davinci Vangoff - excellent! :)

There's daft, there's really daft, there's Doghouse daft......

....And then there's the Screaming Weasels.

What's concerning to me is that the Weasel colour scheme actually looks pretty good.

Just to let you guys know this thread isn't dead, it's just resting. :o

I've nearly finished the Techmarine and a "Mercenary" to accompany the force but am still gathering parts for the tacticals.

I'll update with the Techmarine asap. :)

Your techmarine needs to have a few rolls of duct tape on his belt. Continuing the duct tape idea, you could have strips of it all over your marines and your vehicles both. Counts as bionics AND extra armor both, right?

Id just like to state that there is something very very wrong with you, Doghouse.

That being said this is brilliant. god is it funny. and the conversions are awesome. Makes me wonder what else is in your bitz box if you have that many FW mk IV's in it. Its come to the point that ive essentially started reading anything with your name on it because its going to obviously rock.

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks guys!

Large McHuge will probably be done at some point as I love the idea of a disgruntled former Emperor's Champion having to make do with just being a Company Champion boring everyone to death with his war stories about his one time of glory when he slew a Carnifex and trying to act all dignified despite being demoted.

I will try and update asap but the Mantis Warriors are the priority at the moment. I quite fancy redoing brother Grimtoof and maybe updating the colour scheme in honour of the Vengist IV campaign. I like the reasoning behind the bare metal but it's pretty boring to paint which is the main reason I stopped the army in the first place.

I have dug out the Fire Magnet however and will begin repairing it as soon as I get the chance. ;)

Updated Colour Scheme

As much as I love the old colour scheme it's dull to paint so I'm playing around with some ideas for a new version.

I figure that red is pretty much a colour that might be good for covering up blood as the last thing they need is for the newer marines to see their comrades covered in blood

spacemarine.jpg

This one is the one that I like the most and might be fun and simple to paint. The yellow chapter symbol would stand out quite well as would the white clone numbers.

spacemarine.jpg

Which works the best?

Archived