Quest for the Golden Demon - What's to Come

LunchBox

After green-stuffing since 8am...he's done, with the exception of debris on th ebase...but the model is done. I decided to keep the respirator for now, and I can always go back and re-do if it paints horribly. As much as I hate green stuffing, I felt I needed to push my own skills, especially after mercilessly throttling Alpha PTP for not pushing himself to the edge of his abilities. Thus, I sculpted skulls on the lightning claws...even though I have a pile of perfectly good plastic skulls. Matching the lightning claws was a real trick, and included 3 different sessions of gs-work.

So, in the interests of taking my own medicine...here he is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/mcawipfront.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/mcawipback.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/mcawip1.jpg

Looks excellent. One thought though (and you may hate me forever...) can you smooth out the GS on the leg greaves? at points it looks a little shaky, and un-GW. Just file bits down and it'll look great :sweat:

Not that I could do better, but I'm trying...

M

the work looks nice, but the pose im a bit iffy on, the reached out hand doesnt seem to make sense with the leaned motion pose, from the back shot it looks like he is charging at an enemy, but his palm is up like someone is giving him something?

Starks

the work looks nice, but the pose im a bit iffy on, the reached out hand doesnt seem to make sense with the leaned motion pose, from the back shot it looks like he is charging at an enemy, but his palm is up like someone is giving him something?

Starks

Oh what the hell would you know...I was wondering when you were gonna chime in here. :P

Seriously though...the pose works when you see the whole model on the base, standing upright. He's lunging up a slight grade, leaning forward on his leading leg, beconing for the vile xenos to come and get it.

Also, did you see yourself finished on page 2?

Starks

Oh what the hell would you know...I was wondering when you were gonna chime in here. ;)

Seriously though...the pose works when you see the whole model on the base, standing upright. He's lunging up a slight grade, leaning forward on his leading leg, beconing for the vile xenos to come and get it.

hahah :sweat: alright, ill let you have this one.....JUST THIS ONCE!

i didnt even realise there was that many pages in this thread...he looks very nice, the shield is the best part, looks great, the one thing i suggest is to add more to the crotch blanket :D, the little symbol in the middle seems to get lost by its sheer size...but im sure thats the last thing you wanted to hear, but thats my job isnt it?

oh and good to hear you are doing better, and talk about sweet deal for army presentation..man if only you got somehting extra for winning daemons! other than you know...the fans....and countless questions....

i should have pictures for you soon, sadly not B/C compliant, although that dreadnought is soaking in cleaner(FW parts) so i should be able to get him going picture wise sooner than later

Starks

Starks

Oh what the hell would you know...I was wondering when you were gonna chime in here. :P

hahah :blush: alright, ill let you have this one.....JUST THIS ONCE!

i didnt even realise there was that many pages in this thread...he looks very nice, the shield is the best part, looks great, the one thing i suggest is to add more to the crotch blanket :tu:, the little symbol in the middle seems to get lost by its sheer size...but im sure thats the last thing you wanted to hear, but thats my job isnt it?

oh and good to hear you are doing better, and talk about sweet deal for army presentation..man if only you got somehting extra for winning daemons! other than you know...the fans....and countless questions....

i should have pictures for you soon, sadly not B/C compliant, although that dreadnought is soaking in cleaner(FW parts) so i should be able to get him going picture wise sooner than later

Starks

The tabard on Captain Starks is from the Inquisitor scale line of models...I've had it for a while...I wanted to use it...and I'll be damned if it doesn't look a bit like a beach towel on him...but it's there for now.

Also, about the non B&C pics...check my sig-line, and post them there if you wish.

The Chaplain is looking great man! Are you looking forward to losing this time you had this week when you go bnack to teaching tomorrow?

hardy-har...I guess I'll have to double my efforts on the weekend.

I agree with Bjorn firewolf about the thinness of the left elbow. It looks like you took the elbow pad from a regular marine and used it, which seems a bit small. I'm not sure about the right arm, because we can't see the elbow in the pics. But other than that I think it looks great!

hey lunchbox... what subject do u teach?

just curious... im a math and science nerd myself

he teach's 7th-8th grade science

hope the school was still there when he returned today.

model's looking good lunchbox. I agree with the elbows though they do look a little small....

Archived