Iron Hands.... of irony

kikkala

@NemFX

Haha, it could have worked if you'd splitted yourself on 5 different tables :P.

@TAS

Yea, it's was big bummer, but nevertheless I'll rest for now.

@aekold

Don't worry, my breaks only last couple of days, then I'll be back even furious than before!

@Twin.44

5 mins in the bar needs to be delayed until friday, 'cus nobody likes cranky worker 'cause of hangover :P.

@Captain Mick

Will do, thanks mate.

@Dark Disciple

Thanks mate, well it's imaginable why you like the Word Bearer dread more :lol:.

@col.woods606

Oh please ;).

@Drac0

Saying 'tank' will give me goose bumps at this point :lol:.

@Asmodeus' Swordhand

Thanks for the prayers mate.

@Ferrus Manus

Well, around hour 5 pylons and 2nd hour for base. I'd say 3-4h most, I've yet to finish single drop pod yet :P.

@lilgrim13

It's good to have fire under your bottom sometimes :lol:. More updates tonight!

Back from 5-6 days vacation. Spent that 5 mins at bar, and what else... anyway, full of vigour now!

I'm building 2nd dreadnought with less hurry, savouring the converting and painting with eaze.

gallery_25055_1634_132958.jpg

Oh, I got distracted to other projects too, now that I've got some time for distractions :lol:. Where's the distraction? On other thread of course!

@Pulse

Thanks mate :). Glad you like it.

@Asmodeus' Swordhand

Finally redempted I might say :D.

@NemFX

Tad too much perhaps? ;)

@TAS

Hehe, no fair, 2 on 1 :). Maybe daemon prince comes to the rescue at that point :P.

Nothing new this time, all my concentration is on funny project, check my WB-thread :P.

<major disappointment on everyone>

Looking good!! Glad to see your back and I will be actually be able to keep up with looking at the updates one at a time!! Converting and painting slower is probably a good thing. I hope to see some great uber quality things now. Not that they are crazy already. Can't wait to see more!!

Thanks for feedback guys :), I really appreciate it.

@shrike.ex

Glad that someone likes them :).

@Iron Corsair

Haha, thanks mate :D.

@lilgrim13

Yea, glad to be back, and break lasted for so looong :P. Thanks man :).

@Captain Mick

Thank you :D.

@Ferrus Manus

Well, I'm having 'break'... sort of, maybe I'll finish the dread after Apostle, we'll see ;).

Oh, nothing to update still :rolleyes: .

• 3 months later...

BAM! Threadomancy!

The Iron Hands bug has bitten again!

My 2nd Ironclad dreadnought was finished many weeks ago, for reminder here's a pic.

gallery_25055_1634_359640.jpg

He's performed really well with his brother ironclad in latest games.

My three drop pods are still WIP, but I've somehow partially attached the doors to the main body and in matter of days, I'll attach them entirely to the body (lots of gap filling ahead B)).

While working with the drop pods, I had lil' side project, a howling griffon sergeant, which I converted from aobr sarge by head and arm swapping.

gallery_25055_1634_8303.jpg

Lately I was planning doing another HQ, choppy instead of shooty. I have no clue is this even good idea, but I'm thinking jump packing captain with relic blade, storm shield, maybe aux. grenade launcher would be fun character.

gallery_25055_1634_209293.jpg

Idea for the pose is, that he's fastly descending towards the enemy ready for the kill (left arm will be adjusted more correctly later).

Possibly some of the best work I have seen on this website. You sir have an army that ticks all the boxes (conversion, painting, originality etc. etc.). Any chance of pictures of the entire battle force/company??

Keep up the great work!

Awsome and inspiering work as always mate :P

like the new captain allot and with som bulking up with leg wierings hel be an awsome sight to behold ;)

cant wait to see more from your sweet army´s

just a thought :cuss he could be realy cool with one of the big and nice Techmarie axe as a relicweapon maby ? afterall its the ironhands ? :)

Cheers and salute Kikkala

@Amit

Thanks for the kind words mate :). Army pic could be possible, maybe after finishing the drop pods...

@cathar the great

Thanks for the pointer, I'll lenghten the arms a lil' bit.

@TAS

Thanks mate :), practice is the key for bionics, and of course Brother Beorks bionics marines gave me some new ideas.

@Xavier Targhost

Thanks dude. The leg bionics may look 'thin' in this angle, but they aren't :). Techmarine axe, ehhh... ;)

@Iron Corsair

Haha thanks mate :lol:. The title 'assault captain' sounds really good :P.

Assault captain continues with new twists. I started with the relic blade, left arm has been bionic-fied, and right arm got holding structure for the shield.

gallery_25055_1634_335024.jpg

Sweet and the axe looks wicked and brutal :D hehe :devil: nice done with the arm too btw :) still think it would look nice with some guitarstrings on the legs to beef him up a little ? and maby from arm to axe like the thunderhammers on the terminators ? :lol:

werry nice mate! ;) he will look masive and awsome when completed of that there is no doubt :)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!! U convert soooo well! I'm donig some Iron Hands and they real great. The assalt captain looks like he's ready to pwn anything dumb enough to get in his way lol.The work you do scratch building stuff is amazing aswell I couldn't do that with plasticard! Your Bionics tutoial is Brilliant but I was wondering, wat kind of wire u use and where you get it from. :lol:

Soz! saw at start u said guitar wire :devil: soz!

Archived