The Star Lords

Pulse

No it is me doing the work thank you.

Anyway.. pics later showing the casting, had a bit of trouble earlier so i am hoping things should be fine, stay tuned. :)

Edited by Pulse

For some reason I think these guys would make for some really awesome Iron Hands. A couple of gears here and there and these guys would look just the part. I bet with your talent you could make them really sing as well with that style.

I'm dying to see the castings for these babys. Will need to look into maybe buying or trading for one or 2 of 'em, if you're interested.

But seriously cool work, if they turn out like that one from the french guy at GW, or even close these are going to be sweet.

Right lads the casts came out much better than i expected. For some reason i was worried when i didn't have to be. Judge for yourselves. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/casts1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/casts2.jpg

Now these are done and have come out well the project can speed ahead. ;)

Wow! When I first opened this thread a couple of days ago, I wasn't too impressed. I thought it was just another true-scaling. But with the MK8 look, they're awesome! with the casting. WOAH nelly!

I want to copy the MK8...but I don't know.. If you post a "how to" for your casting, I'll have to make a few of my own MK8s, but non true-scale ( they'll look funny w/o the true-scale tanks, which I DON'T want to make) and cast my own too!

May I ask, did you start the shoulder pads from scratch? Or did you just entirely cover them with GS? And WILL you be posting a how to for casting?

Pulse sorry i didnt read your thread sooner. outstanding work so far 10/10! those resin castings are aces! ~high fives you~ all in all very professional work. you made me want to start using GS properly. but i do hope the Inquisition doesnt get a sniff of this with regards to sale ect with regards to GW IP. im thinking youre gonna want to avoid any/all references to selling them outside of PM.

May I ask, did you start the shoulder pads from scratch? Or did you just entirely cover them with GS? And WILL you be posting a how to for casting?

Yeh i sculpted them from scratch, being quite new to using GS the results you see are my 5th attempt at making shoulder pads. :)

this is outstanding , the casting is top class , please tell us more!!

Thank you very much, i will be doing a short tutorial on my casting methods as i have had high interest from a lot of different people, stay tuned for it. ;)

Pulse sorry i didnt read your thread sooner. outstanding work so far 10/10! those resin castings are aces! ~high fives you~ all in all very professional work. you made me want to start using GS properly. but i do hope the Inquisition doesnt get a sniff of this with regards to sale ect with regards to GW IP. im thinking youre gonna want to avoid any/all references to selling them outside of PM.

Yeh, i have a lot of interest so far by different people but as i have already said to those people, i am only concentrating on making my 2nd company so my attention will be directed toward that project for the time being. :)

My inspiration for my entire mk8 Star Lords 2nd Company comes from this image from a French GW HQ staff member.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/mk8.jpg

Also, could you tell me what colours you used to paint the eyes please? they are simply incredible!! It looks like they are actually glowing :devil:

My inspiration for my entire mk8 Star Lords 2nd Company comes from this image from a French GW HQ staff member.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/mk8.jpg

Also, could you tell me what colours you used to paint the eyes please? they are simply incredible!! It looks like they are actually glowing :devil:

Pulse didn't paint that.

I would love to know how you casted those. I am making doing some Pre-Heresy stuff, and they all have MK 4 armor, and converting each pair of legs is a pain...

PM me how, if you want. You can't post casting techniques on the board, if I am not mistaken.

Wow this is a really cool idea Pulse and I think the end result will be great. I haven't ever thought much about casting things I sculpted or converted because I assumed they would come out looking like rubbish but yours turned out really nicely and will certainly be much easier than scuplting details onto all of those legs!