The Star Lords

Pulse

Hi people!

Just a little contribution from a frenchie!

This is the sergent made by the same guys, same great stuff, same talent, same result... This is art :D

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8352/0806120650473642974rx2.th.jpghttp://img206.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

I'm following this topic, because of my will to do a 1500pts IF army list, with many guys like this (love this Mk8 Errant armor :wub: )

So enjoy, and have a nice day!

• 3 weeks later...

Great stuff, I'm really impressed and that knee pad thing is a minor flaw and not TOO noticeable, you could always GS some lower on the pad to make it more even to save you some time and $.

I envy your skills, my favorite is the shoulderpads thus far, something I might pick up on as it doesn't seem too hard to do. :)

I think they look awesome! Truely amazing work with green stuff... i once tried to bulk out a model to represent the old ranulf in 2nd ed space wolves... its hard work.. the detailling of the separate plates on the chest and legs are really good... i don't envy you having to do the rest though! but over time it will be a truly great army keep going!

I belive this is about the coolest thing i've seen for a while. Your own casts, awsome! I like the name, it has a nice ring to it.

Agreed on all counts!

And, like many others, I am eagerly awaiting a tutorial on "how to".

I'm a huge fan of MK8 armor, and I've got a lot of the old metal GW versions, but the poses are the very definition of 'static', so getting something else would be very nice...

I hate to say this but just to prevent any problems you might have down the road, you know GW would $h!t bricks if they saw this right? The fact your altering their product and casting it is not legal by any means even if your not selling them. I'd avoid that whole casting tutorial and even mention of casting. Just do your thing and show painted pictures, skip the middle. :(

I hate to say this but just to prevent any problems you might have down the road, you know GW would $h!t bricks if they saw this right? The fact your altering their product and casting it is not legal by any means even if your not selling them. I'd avoid that whole casting tutorial and even mention of casting. Just do your thing and show painted pictures, skip the middle. :rolleyes:

Quite you. You're killing all our chances of figuring out how to do this. =-D SHHH

I hate to say this but just to prevent any problems you might have down the road, you know GW would $h!t bricks if they saw this right? The fact your altering their product and casting it is not legal by any means even if your not selling them. I'd avoid that whole casting tutorial and even mention of casting. Just do your thing and show painted pictures, skip the middle. B)

Quite you. You're killing all our chances of figuring out how to do this. =-D SHHH

I'm sorry just can see it coming. :rolleyes:

Wow. Those look incredible!

I as well have quite the collection of the old static MK8 armour variants, topped off with the GD '91 LE Captain and the 'Dark Angel Sgt', both in MK8.

This has inspired me to go the extra mile and add a little more detail to my ancient metal.

And its an excuse to putty over Imperial Eagles because i do loathe painting them B)

I hate to say this but just to prevent any problems you might have down the road, you know GW would $h!t bricks if they saw this right? The fact your altering their product and casting it is not legal by any means even if your not selling them. I'd avoid that whole casting tutorial and even mention of casting. Just do your thing and show painted pictures, skip the middle. B)

Really? i see alot of holes in this claim. For one, he isnt selling - a bigger point than you might think. Altering is completely O.K. they encourage conversions and entirely sculpted GS pieces. That being said, if they allow completely GS'd models in GD competitions, and have even included a small casting explanation in a WD magazine- some guy uses it to replicate little skulls or something - i dont see the issue. If you sculpt something yourself, you *are* allowed to replicate it. Sculptors sell versions of greater demons online- better sculpts than what GW does, but call it a different name and slightly alter the appearance. GW would only really have a say if you were casting exact replicas of their models. They have more of a say if you are explicitly marketing something as a space marine and making money on GW's IP.

To the OP - amazing models mate - keep it up.

Edited by earthen

Oooooh.... Mk 8 sculpts. I have enough trouble trying to collect enough normal Mk 8 torsos for my army...

Nice stuff mate. I will join the queue for a clus on what you used to cast your sculpts. I certainly don't want to do 30 of the same thing without casting.

RoV

Guest Anti-Bac

Hahaha Ben (Pulse) these are going so well, as you know i have seen you toiling away in your spare time to do these but i didn't realise you have got this far. You'll be in Germany by now trying to train the German Fallschimjager i suspect, but i am looking foward to seeing more of these fellows.

See you in Germany matey.

Edited by Anti-Bac

I hate to say this but just to prevent any problems you might have down the road, you know GW would $h!t bricks if they saw this right? The fact your altering their product and casting it is not legal by any means even if your not selling them. I'd avoid that whole casting tutorial and even mention of casting. Just do your thing and show painted pictures, skip the middle. :RTBBB:

Really? i see alot of holes in this claim. For one, he isnt selling - a bigger point than you might think. Altering is completely O.K. they encourage conversions and entirely sculpted GS pieces. That being said, if they allow completely GS'd models in GD competitions, and have even included a small casting explanation in a WD magazine- some guy uses it to replicate little skulls or something - i dont see the issue. If you sculpt something yourself, you *are* allowed to replicate it. Sculptors sell versions of greater demons online- better sculpts than what GW does, but call it a different name and slightly alter the appearance. GW would only really have a say if you were casting exact replicas of their models. They have more of a say if you are explicitly marketing something as a space marine and making money on GW's IP.

To the OP - amazing models mate - keep it up.

I know I'm the party pooper and probably will be flamed but this is for you quote from GW

Conversions

Conversions are a major aspect of the hobby, although in intellectual property terms, they also constitute a major infringement. However, we are certainly not about to stop people making cool conversions of our products, although, there are certain things to keep in mind:

Please do not combine our intellectual properties with IP owned by any third parties.

Your conversions should be one-time, unique masterpieces of hobby goodness. Do not create a production run of conversions for sale. Whilst infringing our IP, this is also simply not hobby.

Casting

Do not cast any materials that are based upon Games Workshop material. Games Workshop has to maintain a strict policy on this to fight counterfeiters. We would also remind you that reproduction for personal use is NOT an automatic exclusion in respect of copyright protection in many territories worldwide.

Read the last line. Otherwise everyone would just buy a box cast a hundred marines. I'm a sculptor myself and would hate to see something like that happen to my own work, probably will someday. Anyway I'm not telling you not to do it, just be prepared if GW catches wind and they will go after this board. Warpshadow has a strict policy about this due to GW supporting them.

Direct link for reading:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/...002&start=4

That's all I'll say and just wanted to make sure I did what I can to prevent you having some problems, sorry again. ;)

Guest Anti-Bac
Well if thats GWs policy they will need to catch half the painting community then i would have thought, i know a hell of a lot of people who cast their own. Plus seeing as its personal use only Pulse has got the right to cast, plus hes in the UK so they don't seem to mind. Edited by Anti-Bac

Conversions are a major aspect of the hobby, although in intellectual property terms, they also constitute a major infringement. However, we are certainly not about to stop people making cool conversions of our products, although, there are certain things to keep in mind:

Please do not combine our intellectual properties with IP owned by any third parties.

I have to point this out, and from what I understand the OP is French so it doesn't have complete bearing on this topic, but in the US what I quoted is nothing more then legal rhetoric that is effectivly unenforceable akin to the end user license agreement (EULA) attached to video games. In fact, you can make casts of whatever you want as well. The issue comes from doing production runs for non-personal use, including (but not limited to) sales, trading, gifts, and publicly posted art pieces.

Edited by FastEd