The Star Lords

Pulse

Just wanted to put in my 2p!

Love the sculpts that you did, think they're a brilliant representation of what you're trying to achieve, and also (obviously) am dying to know your casting procedure, think it's worked out brilliantly!

Ok, here is a comparison size picture to a normal GW marine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/comparisonsize.jpg

As you can see in this picture the Star Lord on the left is the orginal sculpt and not a cast. The marine on the right was all the bits i could find, no arms haha. :P

hey Pulse, like is said earlier your stuff looks great. i know that pic is for size, but is the helm going to look that way? i think you should sink the helm alittle. just cut the bottom of it and sink it down.

just my 2 cents.

Yep thats the idea, i will cut a bit of the bottom of the helmet so it sits well and file off the pipes and cut in the vents. I want it looking exactly like the painted IF mini. :(

Edited by Pulse

hey Pulse, like is said earlier your stuff looks great. i know that pic is for size, but is the helm going to look that way? i think you should sink the helm alittle. just cut the bottom of it and sink it down.

just my 2 cents.

I second this idea. Not only would it assist with the proportions (to the eye, not to other models), it would make the armor look more solid and imposing...

well...in my mind anyway.

@AlphaPHP: A couple of the AoBR marines have mk4 legs, it might be worth looking into.

Well, I'm broke at the moment. I have about... ten dollars to my name. Sculpting for me is free because I have all of the materials. Not only that, I want to start casting some of my own parts. (scythes, converted power weapons and power fists, and truescale legs, arms, and bodies.) Thanks for a point in the right direction, though.

I second this idea. Not only would it assist with the proportions (to the eye, not to other models), it would make the armor look more solid and imposing...

well...in my mind anyway.

Your quite right mate, and it will be done. :D

I will be working on the back packs and the helmet now, progress is a bit slow just now but the work is still being done. Update soon. :)

Edited by Pulse

The problem I can see the original sculpt is the fact that you seemed to have only tried to true-scale the lower part of the leg, and so have ended up with the knee pad halfway up his thigh...

The problem I can see the original sculpt is the fact that you seemed to have only tried to true-scale the lower part of the leg, and so have ended up with the knee pad halfway up his thigh...

Tis true its slightly off on the static legs, was saying to Barret last night that i should have lengthed the thigh as well but seeing as these are more realisic than half the true scaled marines i have seen so far, i think they are OK. Plus once i add the weapons and extra bits they'll take away from the flaw.

The running legs are fine, i had a look at those again to make sure. Its just the static legs and it's annoying me slightly, might bin the first casts and start again.

Edited by Pulse