The Star Lords

Pulse

• 3 weeks later...

Here we are with another small update, i haven't got time to put together these chaps together just now, so i have left my chaps under the supervision of a good friend, Apologist. <_<

As you can see with the picture below, the Sergeant with the powerfist has a bolter to tie in well with the rest of the static combat squad, this will be changed in time to a normal arm with a normal pointing hand.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/WIP%20work/5man1.jpg

The picture below shows the other 3 marines that make up the static combat squad, these chaps will be posed a tad better and will look as though they are laying down heavy fire for the other combat squad moving up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/WIP%20work/5man2.jpg

Each marine has on him, two grenades, a combat knife and a small pouch giving them the feel of carrying the right equipment. ;)

More pictures showing the advancing combat squad will added later. :)

Edited by Pulse

fantastic idea, and fantastic execution. <_<

I am VERY tempted to sculpt up some unique armour pieces (heads, Shoulder pads) and cast them en masse to add a theme to my army.

I've never tried casting anything before, even though I've done plenty of research. Looks like you are using two part molds for everything.

Mind spilling the beans on what resin/silicone company you are using, and if you use a vacuum chamber at all?

cheers and keep us posted ;)

- T14

Amazing work Pulse... nothing else to say ... just amazing.

The armor plates are wonderful ... I wanna my IF´s with these armor !!!!

Cheers

Edited by Mau

Absolutely amazing work! I'm jealous. :blink:

When/if you get around to doing something up on the casting, you'll have to let me know. Ive been meaning to do something like that for my maine army...and it would save me a lot of time and money if i can just cast the part i need. ;)

I am VERY tempted to sculpt up some unique armour pieces (heads, Shoulder pads) and cast them en masse to add a theme to my army.

I've never tried casting anything before, even though I've done plenty of research. Looks like you are using two part molds for everything.

Mind spilling the beans on what resin/silicone company you are using, and if you use a vacuum chamber at all?

I not entirely sure what company it is as it is not me who actually picks it up, it is a friend of mine and the resin tubs come with no company logos on the stickers, but i can ask for you. I do know though the resin is Axson F31 or F32 (polyurethan resin), and yes i do use a vacuum chamber. :D

What happened with the Thunderhawk? Also, can we see an army pic?

The Thunderhawk just now is under my bed in three parts, tumbled off my desk after a freak warp storm (dog running into the desk) and it hit the deck. I will have to repair it in the next few weeks if i can and have it posted up (yes, i know i have said i will post it up before but i will get round to it). :D

Amazing work Pulse... nothing else to say ... just amazing.

The armor plates are wonderful ... I wanna my IF´s with these armor !!!!

Thanks matey, i am very pleased with how the casts turned out, and how the models look posed as well!

Absolutely amazing work! I'm jealous. ;)

When/if you get around to doing something up on the casting, you'll have to let me know. Ive been meaning to do something like that for my maine army...and it would save me a lot of time and money if i can just cast the part i need. :D

Hehehe i am glad you like them! Casting does save on money, although initially it can be quite expensive to get all the materials but it is worth it as it saves you money in the long term, plus you get a fantastically unique army!

this is great stuff, your army is gonna look great once it's done!

Thank you, i am slowly getting on top of this army now, so it shouldn't be too long until i get a fairly sizable force ready. :D

Edited by Pulse

I like the poses of the new "static" marines. All too often marines suffer from their armor freezing up and looking completely generic and immovable. While you gave each marine the same equipment, they seem to be different in their movements/poses. Bravo! Can't wait to see more. (Oh also, casting tutorial would be a great addition....)

Apart from the disproportioned legs with the quads being way too short -- I like the end result here. The ML's right upper leg seems fine to me, but then his left has had a femur reduction of about 8 inches or so. Other than that the rest of the model is pure win. ;)

• 8 months later...

RESERECTED!!!!!!!!

Anyway - back due to popular demand (and people nagging me), i am here. :angry:

Not much really to post just now, just a leg update - making the thigh a little longer, something that has been bugging me for ages. Now the legs are in proportion. :angry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/WIP%20work/P1160578-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/WIP%20work/P1160579-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/WIP%20work/P1160580-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/WIP%20work/P1160581-1.jpg

Stay tuned to see a mk8'd dreadnaught. :(

Edited by Pulse

Im going to join the ranks of your followers, as I have to say, they are amazing! They really are great, and I'm just sad that theres such things as copyright, otherwise I would buy everyone I could afford! So I think all of us are looking forward to your tutorial. :D

The more worshi... i mean followers the better! Copyright is only enforced if they know its happening for certain. ;)

I remember seeing these a while back, fantastic job I love the Mk.8 armor! Can't wait to see all of those guys in painted formation.

Hehehe thank you for the kind words, a friend of mine managed to paint a few of them. Unfortunately my camera has a poor zoom and so detailed shots can be blurry, i will get a few pics up when i can. :)

I have to say, I'm really liking these, especially with the chapter name! I have a small Tzeentchian warband (counts as Thousand Sons) called the Silent Legion that was originally company from a loyalist chapter called the Star Lords. My color scheme was mainly Warlock Purple, however.

I must admit i am very partial to the name, i had been knocking around with the name for about 2 years and its stuck! :P

MK8'd Dreadnought????

YES PLEASE

army looks absolutely amazing so far

Hehehe, few details to add and it will be ready!

8 pages later..and.. I'm here!

I want more. They are extracted awesomesauce deluxe.

Thank you for taking the time to look over all the pages! :P

Edited by Pulse