[Artwork] 'Libris Primaris'

My fellow brothers...

All I truly have to say at this point is THANK YOU; for the encouragement, the kind words... everyhing. It's things like this that encourage me to keep working and raising the standard of my images even further. I'm sorry that I'm not able to reply personally to all the messages, like I used to (though I might from time to time), but I have limitd time in front of the PC and if I don't go back to the drawing board, deadlines will kill me!

I've finally finished Fulgrim, after many delays and I'm quite happy with the results. As I said elsewhere, ever since I started doing these reimaginings of my old designs for the Emperor's Sons, Fulgrim had always struck me as the worst in his previous incarnation (despite many fans still regarding it as one very good illustration!); thus, I was eager to do a better job this time, which I think I did.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/SUPERBIAE.jpg

There are a lot of details (as usual) that I've put into this piece, trying to enhance different aspects of Fulgrim's personality and background: you'll notice that the sword he's carrying isn't very 'Imperial', because it's the sword that was to be his downfall (channelling Chaos and all :P); his ornate armour, which I tried to make as streamlined and beautiful as I could, in constrast with the smoke and venom filled skies of his Homeworld, Chemos.

The Chapter symbol is a personal favourite of mine, and so is the Aquilla on his chest, which I've tried to do as magnificient as I could, because (despite the fact that his other brothers also sported eagle iconography) the Emperor's Children were the only ones allowed to display it fully as their Chapter symbol, if I'm not mistaken...

So, all in all, I think this one's a vast improvement over the last one and, as a side note, I'l get to EVERY Primarch in time. It's the whole point of this project, so stay tuned for your favourites. Next up is Ferrus Manus...

I hope to hear from you and I'll try and keep up with the C&C!

Aerion.-

though i don't normally make comment on artwork such as this. as i tend to be left speechless i can't help but leave this one fulgrim. this is one of the best reditions i have ever seen of him. in my opinion even better then the one on the book with his name. then again you don't see him that well in that book but anyway.

though i am curious on one thing. is it me or does it look like fulgrim has a psyhic hood on his armor for this. O.o still very cool.

My brothers...

I just wanted to tell you all that I'm truly happy and honoured that you liked this rendition of Fulgrim as much as you did the prior and the other illustrations in this project so far. It's great to have such encouragement and these pieces are certainly some of my best work to date (at least in my eyes), so it's a relief that you approve of them.

I'm also happy that you noticed all the little details I put in, especially on the armour and the alien sword (a most special item) and I hope to have news of Ferrus Manus soon! He's the nest one n line, and if everything goes according to plan he may be showing up next week, so keep your eyes open!

THANK YOU all again and I'll be here as usual, in case you have any questions!

Aerion.-

I just discovered these this morning. Truly amazing work. Although it's different in style to GW's own work it really evokes a different feeling for each of the primarchs you've done. I can't wait to see your interpretation of Leman Russ.

I think the best word I can find to describe them is heroic, the style really makes them all seem like the larger than life figures they are in the background.

One of the interesting aspects of the project to me is that we are looking at all of them, except Horus, before they fell. It would be interesting to show these pieces to someone unfamiliar with the background and ask them "of all these heroes which will fall to darkness, corruption and madness?" and see which ones they would choose.

awsome work once agen :) love the new Fulgrim... though i realy like the older too... but this one is more of the Primarch look.. :) hehe

I myself are werry interested in both Angron and Lorgar.. mostly becaus i havent seen any art of them to speek of..

But most of all id like to see the untainted Horus as he where the glorius and magnifficent Primarch and warmaster.... :D

Cheers and salute Aerion

• 2 weeks later...

This is all so amazing. It really puts images in my mind and helps me when I'm reading the HH books.

I do have a question. Your Horus piece looks like its portraying him as a traitor, am I wrong? If not, do you intend to do a loyal Horus as he is portrayed so honourably in Horus Rising?

Very impressive my dear friend.

You gained in finesse and balance while keeping your very own style. Another Yellow on the tablework 8) ? Talk'n about yellow, your Dorn is impressive too.

Hey ! There are Primarchs undone yet !

Keep on going, its a constant pleasure.

DS

My presonal fav is Eisenhorn, but I love all your Primarchs. I think if I had to pick, I like the Emperor the best. He just looks so powerful, but not all controlling, which I always thought him to be.

link to Eisnhorn pic: http://aerion-the-faithful.deviantart.com/...cedes-113944138

Aerion keep up the awesome work!

Edited by Kuchinawa

Super... I have no words to describe all your pieces of art. You keep improving more and more in every detail of them and that's not easy at all.

I think you have caught the very essence of the laeran blade. Nice job!

P.S.: Now a bit in spanish... Mi más sincera enhorabuena Nicolás. Un trabajo excelente, con el que has logrado captar, a mi modo de ver, la esencia de Fulgrim, su belleza y la perfección propia de un primarca. Saludos.

Alberto