Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

Thanks for the comments guys I took them into consideration while making #2

gallery_31335_1757_5367.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_5478.jpg

As you can see I worked on the waist proportions. If you look in the profile picture (bottom) I added some cabling on his hips. Looking at him straight forward gives him a little more width. I also didn't make this guy as tall as the last. I skipped one of two leg spacers so he's a little more squat. I don't like the look as much so i think I'm going to compromise on #3.

I added a pony tail to this guy too. I'm not sure if anyone noticed the hair on the first model but i felt i had to add some attitude besides the basic skulls and spikes. Once my Night Lords don the Ancient holy suits of terminator armor they grow their hair until they are killed. It should really be a lot shorter on the models considering all of the suicide missions my Termis have been going on ;)

And then at some point i blacked out with a dremel in my hands and this happened.

gallery_31335_1757_7233.jpg

Looks like i have some work to do before #3 is ready.

Thanks for looking

your work always blow me away every time i think you cant do any better you pull it out of the bag brother these termies are great i did notice the ponytail and i think it really works great job brother

dude you are the plastic modeling king! loving your work here.. hundereds of brilliant ideas. might have to make myself a couple of havocbacks.. simple but clever idea.. looks tough and carries 10 marines to boot!

#2 looks fabulous.

you know I'm gonna dig the trophy rib cage on the front.

and their Power Weapons look great.

I second the - skull-n-rib cage grieves (ala Legion of the Damned).

In fact, if your Terminators are missing anything, it's the trophies they've taken. I mean they're the best, most ruthless fighters, shouldn't they have more?

Yeah I was going to add some trophy poles with skulls but then i figured they might compete with the winged cowl.

I'm still not sure if i want to go overboard on the trophies. I still have some room left but i feel them being huge and ornate is kind of imposing in itself.

Still working on fixing #3's legs. I've also picked up an older project in hopes if re-imagining my guys.

I'm tracking, not putting the standard trophy racks on their back.

You're right it would compete with the awesome crest conversion.

But maybe a couple of skulls hanging from the belt, tacked to the shoulder pads. one or two each

• 2 weeks later...

Well I fell for the Librarium Painting Challenge. With much needed motivation and two deadlines in march for painted marines i decided it was time. Modeling projects are not on halt (because i can't help myself) but i'm going to primarily focus on painting my challenge for a little bit.

I, Dan the Deamon of the Night Lords 18th Grand company, vow on the honor of my Chapter to paint and present at least

20 Tactical Chaos Space Marines

8 Plague Marines of the Wraith Squad

2 Weapon Teams (obliterators)

and 3 Terminators...

...on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

This is a fraction of what i will need for Adepticon, which I am planning on going with the 18th Co. It is however, a start.

To complete three terminators I was going to need a third...

gallery_31335_1757_45589.jpg

This model should have been finished about a week ago, but peer pressure being what it is, he did need a ribcage on the grieves. I still need to hit him with some brown stuff and i still haven't decided on further trophies.

Next up Wraith...

gallery_31335_1757_35439.jpg

Before anyone gets confused my Wraith squad are Night Lords which follow a certain aspect of terror. They are still Night Lords but have painted and applied oils to their armor to give it a ghostly appearance. Their intentions are to appear as vengeful spirits, and to those familiar with space marines, as the Emperors Will.

Still WIP. The blue tabard is going to end up the same color as the armor. I thought for a while about another color, possible blue, or red, but ultimately decided to tie the tabard in with the armor. I liked the way the fluttery scrapes came out so i'll be going for those as well.

That termie is looking awesome, like the rest of the army. I'm really liking his power weapon, any chance of a closer look?

The ribcage on the greave is also quite impressive.

The paint scheme for Wraith squad is very nice, it really does look ghostly.

On the whole a truly inspirational army!