Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

Commander Alexander, what do you mean when you say dark highlights, and not lowlights? normal highlights just not as many, or a different color, wash? I'm intrugued!

Nihm, Loken86, and The Damned, thanks for your guys' input. Just when i was starting to loose some steam you guys got me motivated again.

Commander Alexander, what do you mean when you say dark highlights, and not lowlights? normal highlights just not as many, or a different color, wash? I'm intrugued!

Nihm, Loken86, and The Damned, thanks for your guys' input. Just when i was starting to loose some steam you guys got me motivated again.

I mean highlights, not as bright as your top highlights but not as dark as the armor, or the armors shadows. Does that make sense?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys, i'm glad you guys like them.

I'm been cooling my engines for a little bit and have been brainstorming. I've gotten some games in lately which has helped me focus on competitive/fluffy Night Lords. After long enough, and some guilt watching the XXXth Host of the Word Bearers Legion, i've decided to get back on track.

First is my interpretation of a Havocback. I'm jealous of the APC's the loyalist marines get so i decided to make my own legal version.

gallery_31335_1757_22008.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_6128.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_10549.jpg

I may move it over to an Alpha Legion rhino and match it up with some Havocs.

Next is my dual Twin Linked Bolter Rhino. I got sick of the Fire Points taking up so much room on the chassy. I also wanted the bolters to be more prominent on the model. My time riding around in armored trucks helped me drudge this one up.

gallery_31335_1757_25255.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_13284.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_2810.jpg

And finally something i've been dreading to start. I hit a couple of hiccups but overall i think it came out well. I'm not sure if he is going to be a normal termi or an Hq.

gallery_31335_1757_2240.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_24688.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_14599.jpg

And to make sure he matches stature...

gallery_31335_1757_29014.jpg

Enjoy!

DtD your work is inspiring brother where did the winged skull head dress come from?

love the idea of the havocback

what thickness of plastic card did you use for true scaling the termie?

The Terminator looks fantastic but for one thing. It looks like you've used your usual method of adding a spacer between the legs and torso. That works great on PA minis, but on the Terminator it makes him look really wasp-waisted. Since you already added a spacer to increase the torso's height, I don't think the spacer stop the legs is necessary, and it would give the figure a more solid, authoritative feel. If it wasn't quite tall enough, maybe another spacer in the torso?

@ Alexander, The havoc missiles are from the sentinel kit with some space marine armor goodies thrown into the mix.

@ Drudge, yeah i noticed that about the armor too. Normally I like to give them equipment (grenades, pouches, pistols) but in this case the model doesn't have wargear like that. I was left with a dilemma. Either I stick the standard wargear on the termi, which would cause me to loose sleep at night, or i justify the 'skinny' look with fluff. It's old armor that doesn't offer the redundant coverage of newer suits. :)

@ loken, Thanks for the praise. The head dress is from the Grave Guard banner with a skeleton head. I'm glad you like the Havocback. I don't know how often i'll play with it, but i do love the model. The thickness i am using is 1/16th of an inch.

Love the Terminator.

the Power Weappon rocks.

the crest above the head fits perfectly

the shoulder pads are a great match. Especially with the plasti-card strips.

I think your idea of adding one of those heraldry shields would fit well and look great.

I don't think he looks too skinny at the waist. In fact, I think he looks proportionally correct, for a genetically engineered super human wearing tactical dreadnought (terminator) armor. He has a perfect symmetry with the V shaped torso from shoulders to waist (look at the last Mr. Universe, nobody told him he was too skinny at the waist). Remember, we're getting away from the Squatty/Dumpy genetically inferior basic Marines, and creating those that look like they deserve to inherit the galaxy.

Edited by CavPathfinder

@ Nephilim, The blade is from Fantasy Chaos knights with a power axe generator.

@ Cavpathfinder, I'd like to do the mini shield idea but it may take me a while to find something appropriate. The normal termi ones look too....eh.

@ Davidus, Even after looking at him with 'wasp waist' in mind i don't think he looks out of the ordinary. I held up a standard chaos marine torso and the termi is still thicker in his thinnest area. It may be a cop out but i took the picture at waist level. As i'm looking at him on my desk (from less than a foot up) the angle blends him together perfectly.

I am keeping the waist in mind as i make #2. I am not going to change much with the spacers but i may add something to hide it. As it stands right now i'm proud of myself for diving into the Termis. I feel like i could have done him better in many ways, but than i probably would never finish him.

I was going to ask what he looks like when he's on the table top. Because I know the images you see in the photos taken at "ground" level, are generally the only time you'll see a model at that angle. If he's looking good while he's deployed. he's looking good.

I like your new avatar too

Edited by CavPathfinder

Looks good dude. Im working a trade with a dude in Huston who just moved from CHI. He said he might know some dudes what want to go to Adepticon.

I havent tried Wes in a week. Ill do that tomorrow.

That Havoc tank is sick. Not sure about the two stormbolter Rhino. The troop doors are kind of a waste I agree, but you should try a CROW type system for the second combi Bolter. Maybe add some longer barrels. I feel another reaper conversion possibly.

Picked up some combi bolters so my Termies will be done soon. Late.