Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

HEy man love the models very impressive. just a quick question u may have answered this earlier in the post but what legs and sets of pieces are you using for the converions? just wanna know how your getting the sense of movement with alot of them, cheers!!!!

Hey guys,

DarkMoonlight the legs are from a bunch of different space marine kits. I can only think of a couple where I re sculpted them entirely. I work a lot on the poses and that's where i spend most of my time.

Here's the dreadnaught i've been working on for my Call of Chaos.

gallery_31335_1757_136332.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_69380.jpg

I have just about every dread arm from forge world I just decided I liked the reaper autocannon the most, so that's what i've been using him with a lot lately.

More painting and modeling to come.

Dan

I see what you did with the aquila there. :lol: Heh, threw me off for a minute. Great army, incredible conversion work throughout. I love those autocannon guys - such an awesome conversion and you pulled off the green highlights perfectly, looks very eerie. And Corsair capes are always a plus.

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta say I'm slightly confused as to the aquila on the dreadnought, unless its a reference to Legion or something, then I gotcha :yes:

Love the Alpha Legion paintjob, its never done justice these days.

All your work is great though, keep it up!

Your posing is amazing, it really makes each model stand out and feel more dynamic. The extra little details really add to these models, great stuff.

That dread also kicks much ass, especially the reaper auto arm.

Been working since yesterdays update. I've fallen in love with this guy. I tried some techniques i've never done before and learned a lot while working on him.

The Aquila is to be interpreted by the viewer. There are a couple of reasons i could think that he would have one, but it's his secret, not mine.

gallery_31335_1757_123473.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_64206.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_39855.jpg

and those soulful eyes.

gallery_31335_1757_58883.jpg

Hope you guys like him. I'm working on the base as we speak.

Dan

Your painting skills have gotten sooooooo much better than when you first began, its a very impressive improvement. You have mastered those round red lenses, they really add just the right touch. The blue-green looks interesting on such big surfaces, but I'm sure when he is finished and standing next to some of the others he will tie in nicely. :cry: Edited by commander alexander

I remember you mentioning earlier in the thread, a short while before a brush of paint was applied to any of your models here, that you considered yourself lacking in the painting department. Well who are you kidding now?? That Dreadnought is absolutely gorgeous, and the aquila still remains to be my favorite part of the model. If I'm looking for characterful models, I know right where to look. Oh, and out of curiosity - do you ever plan on modeling loyalist Astartes?

JetfireUK, firestorm40k, Marshal2 Crusaders, Doghouse Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the work, it means a lot coming from you guys.

commander alexander, Darth Potato Yeah I remember how bad i was. Its certainly been challenging trying to get my painting skills up to par. I've been throwing WFB skeletons together and painting them as sloppy as I can on the side for therapeutic value. There's something about painting them messy that allows me to concentrate and take my time in the models that I care about.

where i was 7 months agogallery_31335_1757_5354.jpg

*shudders*

Darth I've been tossing some ideas around for loyalist marines but they aren't much past the idea stage. I've been playing chaos for as long as i can remember and really like the opportunity to model and convert a theme into an army. If i were to do loyalist marines i would want to find a theme i was comfortable with and run with it, but it's more difficult for 'good' marines because all the chaos stuff I'm comfortable with doesn't fit.

lord gunthar I had a Night Lord dread that I started converting up a couple of months ago, but I carved him up too much and scrapped the idea. All my attention went into the Alpha dread instead and I've got to say he has surpassed any expectation I had for my Night Lords one.

This model wasn't part of my CoCIV, but I can't ignore my NL guys for too much longer.

gallery_31335_1757_33840.jpggallery_31335_1757_77347.jpg

I need to work on my metallics because I think they're a bit harsh. I also tore his hate crozius off for a plasma pistol. While the crozius was cool and plasma pistols aren't the greatest upgrade game wise, I think the model looks a little better this way.

hope you guys enjoy.

Dan

Darth I've been tossing some ideas around for loyalist marines but they aren't much past the idea stage. I've been playing chaos for as long as i can remember and really like the opportunity to model and convert a theme into an army. If i were to do loyalist marines i would want to find a theme i was comfortable with and run with it, but it's more difficult for 'good' marines because all the chaos stuff I'm comfortable with doesn't fit.

Yeah, I know whatcha mean. I would just love to see how you could characterize a Space Marine strike force, from say, the Salamanders Chapter or something. I have strong confidence that with your modeling abilities, and respect for the background side of the game, that you could implement established themes and pull off a killer looking army, as you have with your Night Lords and Alpha Legionnaires.

That last Night Lord looks especially terrifying, and the skulls were a good choice. Definitely a sight that would stir the heart in any Imperial's soul!

I havent really posted alot on this thread but i have been an avid follower of it and I must say the army is looking amazing dude really amazing. It's really inspired me for my chaos army so thanks man and keep up the good work can't wait to see the finished army, how many points you taking it to? or is it just when its done its done?