Lamenter's Actual Scale Space Marines

Lamenter

The GS cable thingies on new techmarine's backpack look a little crude and really lazy compared to the rest of the work.

Also; will you be de-orkifying the wheels on the bike?

I suppose it does look a bit crude. I wanted to use wire tubing but ran out. Ironically sculpting a simple tube is quite difficult to do.

The wheels have been de-orkified enough for my needs. I could spend more time on it but there has to be a cut off point on each conversion otherwise I'll never move onto the next project :P

Your use of greenstuff is unbelievable. I can never use the stuff. I've tried following tips I've seen on here, and it still comes out kinda crappy in comparison.

I used to say the same thing. Having the right tools makes all the difference, for me at least.

;) this stuff is epic u must do a tut on how u did it!!!

If I make any more I will do. It's kinda simple really once you figure out what bits to use.

You sir, are a God Emperor amongst men. lol.

This are probably the most "Realistic" space marines that I have ever seen. The GW models alway look a little to bulky for movement due to scale constraints, but these guys look like they could be as agile and as lethal as the fluff describes them. The gear, like the grenades the pouches the repelling cables and stuff, in particular work flawlessly in this scale, and work to convey a very believable "Angel of Death".

The Master of the Forge, and the Chaplain are incredible. If I were to see them on a table during a game, I'd do everything in my power to NOT kill them for fear of them being taken off the field. LOL.

My only advice is this.....

1. Apply to GW HQ as a lead production model sculptor.

2. Start the TRUE SCALE space marine revolution.

3. Single Handedly make Space Marine armys something very special again.

4. ??????

5. Profit.

6. Retire Early, and destroy your opponents on the battlefield with an amazingly crafted army. LOL!!!

Absolutely fantastic work mate!

You sir, are a God Emperor amongst men. lol.

This are probably the most "Realistic" space marines that I have ever seen. The GW models alway look a little to bulky for movement due to scale constraints, but these guys look like they could be as agile and as lethal as the fluff describes them. The gear, like the grenades the pouches the repelling cables and stuff, in particular work flawlessly in this scale, and work to convey a very believable "Angel of Death".

The Master of the Forge, and the Chaplain are incredible. If I were to see them on a table during a game, I'd do everything in my power to NOT kill them for fear of them being taken off the field. LOL.

My only advice is this.....

1. Apply to GW HQ as a lead production model sculptor.

2. Start the TRUE SCALE space marine revolution.

3. Single Handedly make Space Marine armys something very special again.

4. ??????

5. Profit.

6. Retire Early, and destroy your opponents on the battlefield with an amazingly crafted army. LOL!!!

Absolutely fantastic work mate!

Wow! I must be doing something right, eh?

Not sure about that advice, but I really want to put together a complete Space Marine force (probably a Lamenters Battle Company, with a few losses, not the full 100 man complement).

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all. As usual it's been far too long between posts. Here I have for you a Librarian in Mark 2 armour. I really struggled with the pose on this. The client requested something very specific so we'll have to see if this will meet his expectations.

http://www.masteroftheforge.com/files/images/mkii/mk2librarian.jpg

The helm, top of the torso and backpack are all the resin parts from forgeworld and I have to say the quality of these new Space Marine bits is just outstanding, the best I've seen so far.

Not sure what else to say right now. Any questions feel free to ask.

I've always followed your site, and I always liked your work, nice and clean.

And to this the librarian is no exception!

Any hints on future projects?

cheers.

Future projects I've got a dev squad to finish, a few hq characters to do also. I'm going to be making an Arjac Rockfist to sell as he's described as a giant so an enlarged model will fit nicely in a regular scale space wolf army. Planning on making him exactly like the artwork in the codex.

Will you be sorting out the ammo belt on that bolt pistol? And will there be a psychic hood?

Yes, I'll probably swap it for a drum feed if I can. Gotta remove the targetter too.

No hood, client didn't seem to want one :lol:

How strange. Could you get away with at least having the wires you get on the back of the hood on the back of the helmet? Also; will you be doing the axe up a little? You know, the patterns and the cabling.

I've just swapped out the bolt pistol as per the client's request and added some force weapon details to the axe blade.

http://masteroftheforge.com/files/images/mkii/mk2libby1.jpg

http://masteroftheforge.com/files/images/mkii/mk2libby2.jpg

I also started work on an Artscale version of Chief Librarian Ezekial that I want to include in my Lamenters force (with different iconography). I started with the force weapon details, sculpting them onto the larger Grey Knight NFW.

http://masteroftheforge.com/files/images/misc/forceweapon.jpg

Thanks.

I've had the bits to make this conversion on my desk for months now, so I figured it was time I put him together. I wanted to build a Chaos version of my Artscale Space Marines to show that Chaos is actually easier to convert. The terminator shoulder pads are perfect in the unconverted state, as is the backpack, and the extra details Chaos Space Marines can adorn their armour with are great. On this particular model I used a tentacle arm, as I wanted to make something reminiscent of the Rogue Trader era renegades.

http://www.masteroftheforge.com/files/images/chaos/chaoschamp.jpg

Click the image for a size comparison photo.

Because of the comparative ease with which it went together I've decided to put together an entire Kill Team Chaos Space Marine Chosen. It's probably a rubbish "list" for a Kill Team game but here's what I'm making.

6 Chaos Space Marine Chosen

Aspiring Champion - Power Fist - preferred enemy

Chosen - Autocannon - relentless

Chosen - Plasma gun - feel no pain (already built)

Chosen - Meltagun

Chosen - Flamer

Chosen - Bolter and Melta Bombs

I've already gather most of the bits for the squad, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to put together.

http://www.masteroftheforge.com/files/images/chaos/chaosbitz.jpg

I also found out some cloaks from warhammer chaos warrior box set that I think will help make these guys stand out even more as a cut above "regular" Chaos Space Marines. This photo is just a mock up, I've still got to figure out how to incorporate the bit into the conversion, but I think you'll agree it looks pretty cool.

http://www.masteroftheforge.com/files/images/chaos/chaoscloakmockup.jpg

Not sure what legion/renegade chapter I'll paint these up as, perhaps Oracles of Change or Black Legion.

Archived