Lamenter's Actual Scale Space Marines

Lamenter

Thanks guys.

He looks really good. Did you happen to take any WIP shots of that iron armor he's wearing? As in enough to show a tut? :)

Sorry no WIP shots. For the time being at least I have no plans for anymore tutorials.

Well, he's done!

I forgot to take size comparison photos (again), but you can kinda see how big he is just based on the fact he’s on a 40mm base. The cloak looks a lot worse than it does in the flesh. I’m fairly pleased with how the Hamadrya turned out, a little larger than I wanted but the positioning and pose are spot on how I wanted him. The plastic torso on the Hamadrya came from a Warhammer Zombie for those who are wondering.

Overall I’m most pleased with Huron’s Power Fist. I’ll definitely be attempting to better it in future, but it’s a nice start.

http://www.masteroftheforge.com/images/january10/finalhuron1.jpg

http://www.masteroftheforge.com/images/january10/finalhuron2.jpg

http://www.masteroftheforge.com/images/january10/finalhuron3.jpg

He looks great (besides the cloak).

My only nitpick would be that the ropes coming form under the round "shield" on his shoulder pad don't make much sense - in the original artwork the model is based on the round "shield" was a buckle for Hurons cloak similar to cloak buckles we see on space marine captain models - when you resigned from doing the fur part of the cloak the buckle became a heraldic shield - and that cool, but now you added the ropes that are a part of the cloak in the original artwork but don't connect with the cloak on your model. :)

I hope you get what I meant.

He looks great (besides the cloak).

My only nitpick would be that the ropes coming form under the round "shield" on his shoulder pad don't make much sense - in the original artwork the model is based on the round "shield" was a buckle for Hurons cloak similar to cloak buckles we see on space marine captain models - when you resigned from doing the fur part of the cloak the buckle became a heraldic shield - and that cool, but now you added the ropes that are a part of the cloak in the original artwork but don't connect with the cloak on your model. :)

I hope you get what I meant.

I understand. I didn't see it that way until you pointed it out to me. I kind of saw each element as a separate feature. Oh well... :blush:

Remind me again what that little daemon is clinging to his leg? :P

It's his pet alien (not a daemon I don't think) familiar that grants him psychic powers if I remember correctly.

Here's the scale comparison shot I forgot to take earlier.

http://www.masteroftheforge.com/images/january10/huronscale.jpg

The finished Space Wolf is impressive, and has a impressive sense of power.

It's Huron Blackheart (name?) the Chapter Master of the Astral Claws before their Heresy in the Badab War. They are now the Red Corsairs.

Nice model, I love 'im :devil:

Arenis

The finished Space Wolf is impressive, and has a impressive sense of power.

It's Huron Blackheart (name?) the Chapter Master of the Astral Claws before their Heresy in the Badab War. They are now the Red Corsairs.

Nice model, I love 'im :P

Arenis

My mistake: Huron Blackheart is indeed imposing. I wonder why I didn't notice that earlier. The codex and Heroes of the Space Marines does indeed state that it is a demon, although it is always across Huron's shoulder, and states it's official purpose.

Hmmm have you ever considered casting the parts? I mean it would make the process alot faster and you could sell more, squads even.

I'll be doing some casting of my own sculpts for future minis in my own collection (Blood Angels actual scale army), but not to sell unfortunately.

Hmmm have you ever considered casting the parts? I mean it would make the process alot faster and you could sell more, squads even.

If he did do castings and sold them, GW would come shut him down, as he would need to pay them or acquire access to the license or something to do so.

True. Wouldn't it be ideal to cast the legs, arms, back-pack and back of the body, that way you could have variation head and chest-plate wise among your army.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm planning. It's generally easier to cast pieces than whole figures too.

could i commission some moulds of said parts?

Sorry, but I couldn't do that. Even though they'll be moulds of my own sculpts, the design is still GWs IP. Selling them would be questionable, making them for my own use not so much.

Archived