favorite primarch

empty choke

so i'm curious who's everyone's favorite primarch is. to start off i'll let you know of mine.

it's rogal dorn, then leman russ!, then the red angel himself! :P

my reason is for dorn is he is just so sweet!, reminds me alot of ceaser himself, very hot heaed but an amazing tactician.

boo gullibale i mean gulliman or however you pronounce his name either way i hate him, declaring dorn a heretic for not adhering to the codex. when he himslef wasn't there to help protect terra in a time dire need!

Vulkan and Magnus. Both had very high hopes for a deserving mankind that earned what they got and worked for it. Both were rent by treachery. Plus, I love both of there legions' color schemes. Well, the pre heresy Sons, anyway.

Cruze Hands down. Why? A. he had two people for one body, both awesome B. let himself die just to stick it to the man..er corpse god

C. He's bat man, but with psychic powers and no need for any gear :P

though I do like Vulkan for people that didn't snap and go Chaos. that and him and his legion have good fluff

**edited for a wrong place add in**

Lion El'Johnson

Hes a very conflicted primarch and that for me connects him more to humanity then any other primarch. Also the whole "grew up in a jungle killing warp beasts" style is very attracting! Oh and the knightly arthurian theme too!

Russ naturally. He was brave, strong, wild and cunning. A down to earth warrior who relished the simple joys like drinking and fighting. He was hot headed sure but noble in a wild way and far more pragmatic than many of his brothers.

After that I would say I like Corax the most, even if he was a bit dark and bruding. It may just be because I think the Raven Guard are one of the cooler codex-ish chapters.

Oddly I will say that I don't dislike Johnson. I mean I do as much as is required to be a son of Russ, but honestly I don't think he was too bad. Far too uptight perhaps, but not bad. I kinda wish Horus had held off long enough for Russ to take his brother out and show him a night on the town to loosen him up. Probably would have done the ol Lion a world of good!

Only ones I really dislike out of both normal and chaos would be Rowboat and mister twilight. Rowboat because I really dislike the greek and roman influance, and the authoritarian stance, and pretty much everything fluff wise about the ultramarines. Sang because I just don't like vampires... I don't like Anne rice, I don't play vampires in world of darkness, I refuse to become one in oblivion.... they just seem way too overdone (I will note, I never ran a wulfen either, so not a werewolf fan)

SANGUINIUS!!! Why? Even Horus himself stated Sanguinius should have been warmaster as well as he was true to everything the imperium stands for. I just love the fluff behind this guy, united man against mutants, single-handedly defended the imperial gates and how he knew he was going to die but still sacrificed himself.

Well surprisingly my favourite is LeMan Russ, just cos he walked off in to the sunset on a one man mission to save the emperor. Second is My primarch Lion ElJohnson but not cos he was conflicted, grew up alone or the Knights of the round table influence. He was the only primarch who single handedly beat chaos and kicked 7 shades of ^_^ out of his own men for being alittle mental.

The ones i dislike the most are gulliman just cos he took over and destroyed the legions and tried to make them all the same as his ultra-smurfs, and logar for being a complete wuss and the least primarchy of the 20.

Emperor: "Stop building churches your an atheist damn it, now go to your room your grounded for the next 100 years until you grow out of it!!"

Logar: "Oh boo hoo daddy dont love me and i never did get a powersword for my birthday, so ill throw my dummy out of the pram and destroy half the galaxy in the name of a bunch of gods who gave me a power rangers bike."

The Lion: A brilliant general, a knight, and more than capable of matching the best of them in terms of victories.

Angron: A troubled gladiator, very much obsessed with martial honour, but also with a dark side, that of anger, one he was fully aware of.

Alpharius: Brilliant, scheming, a strategist and tactician whose only failing was being found late in the game and not having the time to match the others.

In order:

1. Roboute Guilliman - Utterly heroic. Avatar of courage, honor and wisdom. Master strategist/politician/diplomat. Forged the only paradise (and it's massive) in a galaxy of infinite Grimdark. Wrote and compiled the book that has kept nearly all the Astartes successful in their 10,000 years of guarding the Imperium. Killed Alpharius in one attack. Was raised Spartan style. Minimized the percentage of Marines falling to Chaos from 50% (during the Heresy) down to 10%.
  2. Vulkan - Humanitarian super blacksmith who did a fair job of competing with The Emperor. Wrestled giant killer volcano lizards for fun.
  3. Sanguinius - Angel who managed to wound super Horus, snapped a Bloodthirster's back over his knee, was kind, patient, wise and then managed to get himself killed and curse his blood line.
  4. Corax - Edgar Allen Poe the Primarch. Pure white skin, black hair black eyes... Master of stealth, combat, politics, and a philosopher too. Went all Dr. Frankensteiney.
  5. Night Haunter - Evil, psychotic, demi-god Batman. Let himself be assassinated just to make a point.
  6. Ferrus Manus - Dude wrestled a colossal snake made of living metal in lava and came out BETTER than when he went in....
  7. Leman Russ - Like Thor+Romulus+a werewolf. Out gluttoned The Emperor in a contest, got beat down and then got himself a sword that can cleave mountains in half.
  8. Alpharius/Omegon - Secrecy and an insane chain of command. 2 Primarchs for the price of one. Have the sense to not actually follow Chaos. One of 'em got one hit killed tho.
  9. Rogal Dorn - Stubborn hardass sort of dude who won every sand castle building contest EVER. Didn't like the idea of the Codex Asartes at first but eventually proved wise enough to see that it was the way to go and embraced it more fully than anyone but Guilliman.
  10. Jaghatai Kahn - Super Genghis Kahn on a super motorcycle.
  11. Angron - The new BERZERK-O-MATIC 40,000! Now with extra rage and the ability to withstand having a fortress fall on it. Order now and we'll throw in the biggest melee weapon you've ever seen!
  12. Magnus The Red - Unfortunate hero. Smart as hell. Powerful psyker. MORE powerful sorceror. Gigantic and red one-eyed weirdo tho. Weird sense of style too....
  13. Mortarion - Sorta like the Grim Reaper in power armor. Had awesome weapons. Kinda grumpy. Decided to follow Nurgle tho....ewwww.....
  14. Horus: Was a really cool dude. One of the best of the Primarchs. Had a really cool Legion. Some damn Word Bearer talked his men into fixing him wrong and it all went down hill from there. Became dumb. Got himself vaporised when the Emperor blinked at him DESPITE all the Chaos Gods having his back.
  15. Fulgrim - Kinda interesting. Mad skillz. Terrible style. Leads a Legion of weirdos and nut jobs.
  16. Perturabo - Dorn's #1 competition in sand castle building contests. Even better at knocking them down though. Was all cold and jealous and broody. Nobody liked him much, but he had a cool hammer.
  17. Lorgar - He looks cool....that's about it. Got chewed out repeatedly by The Emperor for failing at life and then let himself get talked into worshiping the Chaos gods by his idiot sidekick. Lorgar & Friends then proceeded to ruin the galaxy for everyone.
  18. Lion El'Jonson - Kinda of an a-hole. His minions feel guilty about liking Chaos but refuse to admit that they do....so they wear dresses and hunt down their brothers who had the balls to come out of the Chaos Closet.....

Sang because I just don't like vampires... I don't like Anne rice, I don't play vampires in world of darkness, I refuse to become one in oblivion.... they just seem way too overdone (I will note, I never ran a wulfen either, so not a werewolf fan)

Sang wasn't a vampire, he was an angel. He didn't drink blood, sulk in a coffin or lather on the sunscreen; that's what his followers do. Don't put the sins of the sheep onto the shepherd.

it's funny, all of you like the lion and russ, yet they're not the most key loyalist primarchs.

But that is exaclty why we like them. Speaking for those of us who like Russ at least he is just less.... boring. Some of them were kind of cool for a while but their chapters ended up folloiwng the smurfs lead all but verbatim in most cases so they really don't have much to make them interesting.

Besides, Russ was VERY important. Horus sent him away because he didn't want to have them thrown into the mix at the battle for Terra, and when he heard the wolves were coming it may have been what forced his hand. I would say playing the pincer that forced action is a very important role.

I think that people just consider Russ and the lion alot more... interesting.

You have the Wolves a bit confused with the Ultramarines.

The Wolves were far off in the galaxy because The Emperor sent them to burn Prospero.

The Ultramarines were on the other side of the galaxy because Horus knew he couldn't feasibly win against the Ultramarines and he sent the to go stop an imaginary ork invasion and had them ambushed by the Word bearers at Calth.

my $ 0.01

1: Mortarion.. he is death in more than one way,

2: Magnus The Red.. the good guy, sorceror, etc

3: Corax.. stealth, philosopher , fast assault.

atin

im agreeing with the above post :P even if they werent pure loyalists they werent shallow primarchs like guiliman, they have depth and a twisted sense of honour. I mean Rus , Lion and Horus had around equal tally of victories. Sang was the avatar of Honor and reason, angron was a gladiator, guili was a paper burocrat.

im agreeing with the above post :) even if they werent pure loyalists they werent shallow primarchs like guiliman, they have depth and a twisted sense of honour. I mean Rus , Lion and Horus had around equal tally of victories. Sang was the avatar of Honor and reason, angron was a gladiator, guili was a paper burocrat.

You're a sadly wrong person, from Greece no less.... how bizarre. :rolleyes:

Archived