favorite primarch

empty choke

P.S. as for gulli-papa smurf-man has anyone wondered why he forced the codex on other legions, and why most chapters through out history are all ultra-smurf clones. I have to wonder if he wasnt trying to make a play for daddy golden toilet, just a thought ppl

Wondered? No. Read why? Yes. He 'forced' it on the rest of the chapters because it would make sure that no Horus-wannabe would be able to sway three or four important guys and suddenly have half the Imperium's elite forces on his side.

Most chapters are successors of Ultramarines because they had by far the largest number of Astartes, massively more than anyone else at the time. Firstly because they were too far away from Terra to actually get properly involved in the destruction of the Horus Heresy itself and secondly because they were so damn good at capturing planets, holding them and moving on to the next one. No other Legion had conquered so many planets, which is why they now rule all the worlds of Ultramar in a mini-Empire.

Oh and you dont find that strange that they are the only chapter who rule over a whole mini imperium, when all other chapters no matter how loyal can only ever rule over just 1 planet and only then as long as they tow the party line and be good little marines. use your enhanced intelligence here brothers, he had the most marines due to horus making one hell of a mistake in not taking the ultra smurfs on in force, then rowboat papa smurf decides to become imperial commander and change all the rules for everyone else, not cos he was best place but because he didnt want to give up ultramar and all the benefits it gave him. he leaves his beloved smurfs to keep there little piece of the galaxy free from imperial rule, then through a bit of diplomatic skullduggery makes the other legions look bad so he can get imperium to use smurf geneseed to create more marines.

and if that dont smack of a conspiracy then im the emperor of mankind :D

and that is my humble opinion as a loyal member of the 1st legion, Hail the lion and the emperor

Get your facts in line.

No one and nothing says other Marines can't rule more than one planet. They just don't bother doing it. They're not into that sort of thing usually. The Black Templar for instance rule who knows how many worlds. Wherever they happen to be they set up bases and start recruiting.

Plus, The Emperor declared Ultramar to belong to the Ultramarines when he met Guilliman because of how amazed he was to see that it was even possible let alone that Guilliman had it running perfectly.

There were WAAAAAY more Ultramarines than Marines of any other Legion BEFORE the Heresy, and THEN Horus decided he couldn't feasibly win against the Ultramarines so he sent them across the galaxy into an ambush rather than actually fight them, so while all the other Legions were getting the hell beat out of them the Ultramarines couldn't do more than race to Terra and try to get there before it was too late. The result being that the Ultramarines easily outnumber all the remaining loyalist Legions combined.

Guilliman. Most noble and glorious Primarch of the most noble and glorious Legion. Such a status attracts spite, but if I had to pick one Chapter to come to my worlds aid, it would be the one that will leave it in a better state than it originally was.

Guilliman and the Ultramarines stand for doing everything right and cold, hard efficiency.

As far as i remember th top 3 planet sbmissionaires were Horus, Lion, Russ...

The Lunar Wolves, Dark Angels and Space Wolves had the "most victories". The Ultramarines had liberated the most worlds. And in the best condition. With the fewest casualties.

£10 it wasn't Alpharius or Omegaon that old Guilli laid the smack-down on. They were too smart to get caught like that.

That would depend surely on how easy his victory was? A line Astartes, or even a Captain, would struggle alot against a Primarch.. The physical embodiment of all of Astartes is supposed to be!

£10 it wasn't Alpharius or Omegaon that old Guilli laid the smack-down on. They were too smart to get caught like that.

Well if you look at the fluff it wasnt a long fight, even russ and johnson fought longer than papa smurf and the "alpharius/omegon/marine" person and that was just a brotherly punch up. so im going to bet a 20 imperial credits that both twins are alive and kicking it with there homies somewhere.

and just to prove that im just as loyal as the ultrasmurfs and there clones, most of my theory was based on certain thoughts. but it is stated that marines of second foundings and later could only rule over one planet, exception being ultramar. the reason being so they would be easier to control if they rebelled like horus, plus the black templars only recruit from many worlds but do not in fact rule them as they are a crusading chapter and have a large fleet of ships.

and that aint my humble opinion, its fact!!! deal with it responsibly and lets leave there and go back on topic.

END OF.

Guilliman knew Alpharius or Omegon and wouldn't be fooled by a disguised Alpha Legionnaire calling himself Alpharius. Either Alpharius OR Omegon got killed in the face. There's no doubt about that.

I imagine ANY of the other Primarchs would have been able to womp the hell out of Alpharius or Omegon, because I'm betting that (like their soul) their power was split between their two bodies and neither was as powerful as a whole Primarch.

I'm gonna say Magnus the Red was the most inhuman primarch. 20 foot tall, red skin, cyclops.....vs a dude with wings.

damn heretics, never thought of that good call. thought i still think those boys in blue are up to somthing, maybe i just dont like blue. but at least ive brought a bit of colour to this discussion and got a few people thinking out side the box. Maybe i should of started this out as a new topic lmao, damn hindsight is a wonderful thing

it is stated that marines of second foundings and later could only rule over one planet, exception being ultramar. the reason being so they would be easier to control if they rebelled like horus
And where does this non-existent statement supposedly exist?

A/O did meet, and Guilliman offended him, saying he wasn't wrothy or something like that.

Oh and Guilliman, conquered the most worlds, held the Imperium together...speks for himself really.

Yep. Guilliman got up in Alpharius' face for fighting like cowards, so they've DEFINITELY met.

it is stated that marines of second foundings and later could only rule over one planet, exception being ultramar. the reason being so they would be easier to control if they rebelled like horus
And where does this non-existent statement supposedly exist?

How do you know it dont, i remember reading it at my local games workshop, but i cant remember exactly been over 10 years now. but if i can actually remember and find the exact piece of information i will show it, if not i will happily retract my statement. but until then i stand by what i have said, and at least i know i was right about black templars cos it only bit of fluff about them i know.

I've read most of what there is to read about the Codex Astartes and the splitting of the Marine Legions (That is to say that I can't find or think of any sources I may have possibly missed).

Two things many people believe that it never says ANYWHERE:

1)Marines can't rule more than one planet.

2)Marine fleets have a size limit.

Neither is true.

okay i know ive seen it written somewhere okay, and i certainly agree i could be wrong. yet im sure i was reading something about ultra smurfs, saying that ultramar is unique in the imperium cos of the fact its ruled by the ultramarines when all other chapters are only allowed a single world to call home. yet it also stated that chapter can recruit from any planet in the imperium so long as they dont go over recruit quotas, which were put in place after the heresy.

and as for no limit on size of fleet, ive never seen that either. and being a Dark Angel i hope that dont change, we need all the ships we can get to find those choas miscrenents lol

Guilliman knew Alpharius or Omegon and wouldn't be fooled by a disguised Alpha Legionnaire calling himself Alpharius. Either Alpharius OR Omegon got killed in the face. There's no doubt about that.

I imagine ANY of the other Primarchs would have been able to womp the hell out of Alpharius or Omegon, because I'm betting that (like their soul) their power was split between their two bodies and neither was as powerful as a whole Primarch.

I'm gonna say Magnus the Red was the most inhuman primarch. 20 foot tall, red skin, cyclops.....vs a dude with wings.

Magnus wasn't 20 feet untill AFTER he became a daemon prince.

As far as Alpharius not being killed by Guilliman goes. It is debatable whether the whole story is true or not. There are a few odd elements to that story (like Ultramarines never having heared of jammed communications and guerilla style opponents). But if that fight did happen, then it is very lilely that it was indeed Alpharius that got killed.

- Guilliman met and debated Alpharius, so he did knew him.

- The Alpha Legion group was surprised by the Ultramarines quick advance, they did not plan a direct confrontation at that point, so they would not have planted a false Alpharius to be attacked.

- Prior to the duel "Alpharius" was marching through Ultramarine lines, killing them left and right.

- After the Duel and the defeat of the last Alpha Legionaires at that encounter, the Ultramarines salvaged the body and burned it, so they had time to inspect it.

Archived